IGNORED

Feeling burned out with work...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bryanw92

Been working OT for the past few months now, it is mandatory, its just too much at times, really been praying for a good change, im thankful for my job and feel blessed, but feeling my well is dried up, so to speak, need a change soon, been praying and seems my life is feeling stagnant, I need Gods intervention, hard to do things in my own strength anymore.

Blessings,

Desi

I'm praying for you. I'm in a similar situation. Lots of mandatory OT, so little time. I have the added guilt of understanding that the reason employers exploit us with this mandatory OT is so they can avoid hiring more people. We are a nation where more than 10% of adults have no job and another 15% are underemployed, yet those of us who are "fortunate" enough to have a good job have to do the work of several in the name of profit for a small few. How did we get this way? Computers and automation was supposed to make life easier, but all it did was to concentrate the work in a smaller number of employees.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

You're not alone. Make sure you take time to relax. I take a nice bubble bath every Saturday and soak for at least an hour. Saturday mornings are my pampering time. :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

Thanks all. Just an update with OT, it has increased from 10 to 15 hrs wkly, just going to walk it out.....this shall soon pass.

Blessings,

Desi

Guest Editor1

Working too much can stress one out as quick as anything else. We all need down time. Too many people pack their schedules too full during the holiday season. Try to cut back and take some time for yourself.