Sign in to follow this  
Guest LadyC

hot cocoa for low carb & diabetics

Guest LadyC

the thread the other day made me think to post this... it's really yummy and makes a BIG batch of hot chocolate mix that is non-dairy, sugar free, and low carb. and it's absolutely delicious! feel free to give some away for christmas even :)

1 16oz non-dairy coffee creamer (i buy walmart's "great value" brand, in extra creamy.)

1 cup hershey's unsweetened powdered cocoa

1-1/3 cup Splenda

1 tsp salt

2 (small) boxes of sugar free, instant chocolate pudding mix (again, i use walmart's great value brand)

mix ingredients very well, and store in an airtight container. for a typical 8 oz mug, use 1/3 cup... if you use the larger size mug, use 1/2 cup.

i wonder what it would taste like with a pinch of cinnamon added to it? hmmmm.....

Sounds good to me, I love chocolate....easter-chocolate-face.gif pudding....

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By AveryYuki
      I am not a mother however I have some VERY picky siblings that do not seem to like real food as most kids I have seen. However even if your children are eating sugary cereal you can use this trick to get some nutrition in their bodies. It may NOT work on all children seeing as how their pallet is very sensitive at a young age however it does not hurt to give it a shot. Buy what is called Silk Soy Milk chocolate flavor. If your kids like bananas or strawberries or anything that goes good with chocolate grab that as well. Make their cereal like you normally do but instead of using normal milk which contains a high amount of fat, and other things I have noticed, use the chocolate Soy Milk and but their favorite fruit in it and mix it all up. Some kids won't taste the difference but some might. Give it a try.