• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

Why our Country is Going Down The Drain

[media=] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DL-a-r7iJIU

Duane - "That's why... I'm me. That's the only reason... I'm him. That's how it goes."

Judge Judy - "So far as tax payers we have spent $70,000 on three years of your education."

The ending is suprising.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

no-1.gif What is that saying about, you just can not fix..........

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

$70,000 on education and more to live on and she get this answer? We are not dumber, we are teaching people how to abuse the system better. That is the education we are giving. A master in "Users".

no-1.gif What is that saying about, you just can not fix..........

Lol.

$70,000 on education and more to live on and she get this answer? We are not dumber, we are teaching people how to abuse the system better. That is the education we are giving. A master in "Users".

So with 3 years Duane has cost tax payers $70,000. That is roughly $23,300 a year. Duane will cost the tax payers a little less than $95,000 before he finishes (assuming he does finish) his education.

Judge Judy - "I don't want to pay your rent. The government says we have to pay your rent.... This money is earmarked for you to pay rent."

Duane's logic skills are lacking...

Duane gets $437 a month from the government to pay rent. Yet he spent all the money on himself and paid no rent. He doesn't even realize that this is stealing.

Teaching people how to abuse the system? Absolutely.

Oh... Just realized this guy's major was music at 2:30...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  602
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

Here is a hypothetical question, what if the women made like over twice the income of a single person, should the husband be allowed to stay at home with the children and do house...stuff? Like reverse the roles?

As a tax paying citizen, i find this morally reprehensible and appalling.

I agree. :thumbsup:

Here is a hypothetical question, what if the women made like over twice the income of a single person, should the husband be allowed to stay at home with the children and do house...stuff? Like reverse the roles?

Interesting hypthetical question... But first let's review the facts.

Duane recieved $437 a month from the state from the taxpayers to go towards rent. Dunae spent this money on himself. He denied he lied regarding the use of the money.

The young lady (Ms. Reed) he was living with paid the rent in September. She didn't pay the rent in October, November, December, January of the following year.

As to the question... "Here is a hypothetical question, what if the women made like over twice the income of a single person, should the husband be allowed to stay at home with the children and do house...stuff? Like reverse the roles?"

If it is agreed that the husband should stay home to be "Mr. Mom" than there is nothing wrong with that. I'm not sure allow is the best word. Staying at home to care for children and keep a house in order is tough stuff.

The issue is there was no children in the video and the young man was recieving government aid for rent. Also, neither of the two people (Ms. Reed or Reggie) paid rent for at least 4 months. This shows incredible lack of character and irresponsibility.

Your thoughts?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

Interesting hypothetical question....Besides what happen in this movie, running a household is work, raising a family with children is work, doing house stuff is work. It seems to me that this reversing the roles "stuff" is like some how reducing the importance of a family unit, to just a labor class without acknowledging all the work it requires to maintain that household.

If the main income is coming from the lady of the house and it was agreed to, the husband's duties at home has just as much value in God house as the person that has to find their income out side of the house. I have known a few farmers in my life and the women, would be insluted by such a put down. "should the husband be allowed to stay at home with the children"...My God, I can not keep up with them kids, Thank God, she can...................

ICL~~~Dennis