bornagain2011

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  602
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

I have to tell you guys what my mom said, it has had me thinking a bit. I told her how I feel about the moral decline of the Country and even the church, she said she voted for Obama and she is a liberal, she told me that it is the woman's right to choose what she does with her body I said "OH! She wants to abort her OWN body? That's fine then!" she didn't like that at all! Well, anyways, a long story even longer....we both did agree that our country is becoming corrupt and it has been going down hill since about the time they started taking God out of everything. She said that we are in the downward part of a 50 year cycle, and that every 50 years things get bad, then people get their stuff together and things get better again.

So, basically my question is this; are we just in a 50 year cycle in which things will get better again after we reach a new low? Or are we really in the end times?

I have a feeling it could be either way, maybe if things get bad enough, maybe if some new law passes that is absolutely corrupt people will stand up, or government will wake up and repent. Maybe that is just wishful thinking. Anyone here over 50? How were things growing up?

Thanks!

Natalie

P.s. My mom acknowledges that abortion is murder of a baby....she didn't even say fetus she said BABY! She KNOWS it is murder, but she thinks it is okay. This left me almost speechless, because usually half the battle with pro-choicers is getting them to acknowledge it is a human life you are killing. She said "I know" then I said "Well, good thing my mom didn't feel that way." I am adopted. Okay end of rant! But you can see how I don't fit in with my family anymore, they are basically all like this! Except for my grammy who is conservative christian like me, (the family mocks her behind her back as well)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

That is the first I have ever heard about a 50 year cycle. Being near 60, I have seen no turn around, but further decay.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

My mom acknowledges that abortion is murder of a baby....she didn't even say fetus she said BABY! She KNOWS it is murder, but she thinks it is okay. This left me almost speechless, because usually half the battle with pro-choicers is getting them to acknowledge it is a human life you are killing.

I truly believe that all pro-choice people know it's a baby being killed. They simply don't care.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  550
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2

We are in a general state of decline. Globalization is the problem as far as economics go. Even Andrew Carnegie advocated protectionist measures to keep America's economy strong. TV has been the main impetus in the transculturation of America. The family unit is becoming a thing of the past.

Revolutionary Antonio Gramsci, stresses the destruction of the family, organized religion, and the culture in order to sustain the new political order. Their mantra, destroy the culture, capture the state.

Rudi Dutscke described the process as "the long march through the institutions+--the conquest of universities, schools, the news media, entertainment, churches and other religious bodies, and institutions.

Michael Walzer in the Marxist journal Dissent was celebrating their successes against Western culture and pointed to the impact of feminism, gay rights, cultural pluralism, the change in family structure, rising divorce rates, changing sexual mores, abortion, successes in limiting gun rights, and the fading of Christianity from the public sphere.1

The last days have been ongoing since the time of the Messiah's first advent. Though many believe that the tribulation is just around the corner I do not expect the Messiahs second advent until the 2100s.

From the Commentary on Habakkuk scroll:

"For a prophecy testifies of a specific period; it speaks of that time and does not deceive' (2:3a). This means that the Last Days will be long, much longer than the prophets had said, for God's revelations are truly mysterious. If it tarries, be patient, it will surely come true and not be delayed."2

1William Norman Grigg, "A Method to the Madness: Behind the many maddening attacks on America's popular culture is Italian Communist theoretician Antonio Gramsci's strategy for achieving the total state," The New American, 23 October 2000

2Michael Wise, Martin Abegg, Jr., & Edward Cook, Dead Sea Scrolls: A New Translation, (San Francisco:Harper) 119.

• Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

Michael Walzer in the Marxist journal Dissent was celebrating their successes against Western culture and pointed to the impact of feminism, gay rights, cultural pluralism, the change in family structure, rising divorce rates, changing sexual mores, abortion, successes in limiting gun rights, and the fading of Christianity from the public sphere.

The "celebration" won't last long. Life is short and God's wrath awaits.

• Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  602
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

Yah, my mom is in her mid 60's I think she is like 65. We barely agree on anything.

I will keep my eyes on Israel, they are God's timepiece.

Thanks peeps!

• Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

I am older than 50 and I can tell you the life I lived in my youth was nothing like it is today.

I believe we have lost the favor of God because this country has turned it's back on Him.

Don't look for things to get better after 50 years, not this time.

i know there's a 20 year fashion cycle, but a 50 year moral cycle? i don't think so.

we're on a steady decline, with a ring-side seat to the unfolding of prophecy.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,246
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  5

america has never been a perfect moral bastion. it was the church that shined brightly in america

when america was founded; slavery was allowed, the indians were second class and only whites could vote. it wasnt perfect but the church did believe and in general judeo christian values were liked. the churched changed slavery and also prostution and the treatment of indians ., i think.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

I am 59 years old, and I know the America of my youth is gone.

Now, before I go further - let me say the America of my youth included segregated schools, restrooms and water fountains (which are things of our past). So not all change has been negative.

There has always been hedonism - even here in the U.S. Way before my time, but supposedly the 1920s (the "roaring 20s) were pretty lawless, morally loose and violent. People forget this, but movies were pretty explicit until the Hayes Code was adopted in the early 30s.

Economics (affluence) plays a large role in the morality of society, it seems. Generally, the more affluent, the more libertine the society is. (You even see this in Scripture)

There is a difference this time, however. The Great Depression on the 30s (following the hedonistic 20s) saw little crime and violence. There was an inherent morality in society, I think, even with those who claimed no Christianity. No one expected something for nothing. While there was little work to be had, most people expected to have to "do something" if they were to receive anything.

THAT inherent societal morality is what is non-existent today. We do have a sizable number of folks who feel "entitled." We do have those who expect freebies - whether they work or not.

So - if we have a collapse on the scale of the Great Depression - I do not believe we will see the same level of low crime, etc., we saw then.

Blessings!

-Ed