bornagain2011

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,246
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  5

ya know i had to explain what betty boop was to my step daughter as she collects betty boop memorabilia. i defined what a flapper was and why the waltz was so bad at the time

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  631
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

To understand my position you might want to read about the Priest Nations of the past, [also called Client Nations],

the first of which was Israel. See Exodus 19:6.

Israel was a Priest Nation to God five different times. You can read about it here:

http://kukis.org/Doctrines/clientnation.htm#Israel%20is%20the%20key%20to%20all%20client%20nations

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

If 50 year cycles were a truth then it ought to be able to be seen in the history of Israel as written in the Holy Scriptures. It isn't legitimate. Satan deceives whole peoples over time always causing them to err worse and worse until God judges them. Considering Gods patience, the cycle is more like a 2000 year cycle.

Gary

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  602
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

If 50 year cycles were a truth then it ought to be able to be seen in the history of Israel as written in the Holy Scriptures. It isn't legitimate. Satan deceives whole peoples over time always causing them to err worse and worse until God judges them. Considering Gods patience, the cycle is more like a 2000 year cycle.

Gary

sooo....you're saying there's a chance!

Gary

sooo....you're saying there's a chance!

:24:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  448
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

I have to tell you guys what my mom said, it has had me thinking a bit. I told her how I feel about the moral decline of the Country and even the church, she said she voted for Obama and she is a liberal, she told me that it is the woman's right to choose what she does with her body I said "OH! She wants to abort her OWN body? That's fine then!" she didn't like that at all! Well, anyways, a long story even longer....we both did agree that our country is becoming corrupt and it has been going down hill since about the time they started taking God out of everything. She said that we are in the downward part of a 50 year cycle, and that every 50 years things get bad, then people get their stuff together and things get better again.

So, basically my question is this; are we just in a 50 year cycle in which things will get better again after we reach a new low? Or are we really in the end times?

I have a feeling it could be either way, maybe if things get bad enough, maybe if some new law passes that is absolutely corrupt people will stand up, or government will wake up and repent. Maybe that is just wishful thinking. Anyone here over 50? How were things growing up?

Thanks!

Natalie

P.s. My mom acknowledges that abortion is murder of a baby....she didn't even say fetus she said BABY! She KNOWS it is murder, but she thinks it is okay. This left me almost speechless, because usually half the battle with pro-choicers is getting them to acknowledge it is a human life you are killing. She said "I know" then I said "Well, good thing my mom didn't feel that way." I am adopted. Okay end of rant! But you can see how I don't fit in with my family anymore, they are basically all like this! Except for my grammy who is conservative christian like me, (the family mocks her behind her back as well)

The 50 year cycle you refer to was meant to end in what was called the year of jubilee. Debts were to be forgiven, indentured servitude was to be ended, real estate was to revert to its original inheritance, land was to be given a rest from cultivation and so on. The year of jubilee was meant to reset the direction of society, to enable everything to begin again with a fresh start. It was meant to be a time of mercy.

But men are not merciful. They do not wish to let go of that which they believe is of benefit or profit to them. As a result the Bible records that the years of jubilee were ignored. As time went on the pile of debt, slavery and acquisition of real estate in OT Israel became so great that God was forced to intervene. His intervention resulted in a total and complete devastation of the land and its people. Some scholars claim that the years spent in Babylon were a total of all the years of jubilee that were ignored. I haven't made the count myself, but it sounds like a reasonable conclusion.

The leading post in this thread mentions the overt sin of murder - abortion. No jubilee year can restore life to those from whom it has been taken. Such acts may inspire severe reaction from Heaven. The sins of homosexuality and God's true attitude about it have been very explicitly mentioned in the Bible, yet men today ignore it in nearly every country on earth. Will the Most High sit idly by and wink at this aberration of nature? I am over 50 and I no longer believe that the government of the United States has any intention whatsoever to respect God or His wishes.

If God does not judge America, then He owes Sodom and Gomorrah an apology.

but that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...

Edited by rjp34652

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  602
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

I just finished reading Job last night....wow! He sure did complain...alot! But I understand why. But what I thought was interesting was when God was talking to him about how He controls the weather and uses it for judgment or mercy, God spoke alot about His control over the weather in that part. It was really eye opening! I felt very humbled, and a bit scared!

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  448
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

I just finished reading Job last night....wow! He sure did complain...alot! But I understand why. But what I thought was interesting was when God was talking to him about how He controls the weather and uses it for judgment or mercy, God spoke alot about His control over the weather in that part. It was really eye opening! I felt very humbled, and a bit scared!

You do well to meditate upon this passage, for He who made the storm cease on the Sea of Galilee is the same who can raise it up for destruction. Yet He is merciful to those who know Him and DO His words. Remember the words of the angels on the day Jesus was born.

"Glory to God in the highest, and on Earth peace among men with whom He is pleased."

- Luke 2:14

The passage does not include all men, as the world mistakenly believes, but only certain ones.

I once served in the Navy and spent several years at sea. During those years I experienced the mercy of God in the midst of hurricanes and the very real possibility of loss and death. But God was merciful and in those times I learned that every hurricane has a peaceful eye. If God wishes you peace, then you will stand in that eye and see all the world around you falling to pieces.

Today I live in Florida and have stood in my yard and watched the eye of a hurricane pass over my home. We suffered only the loss of a couple of screens while whole communities around us were devastated. I cannot say here that this deliverance will continue indefinitely, but I do know that God will provide a way of escape and peace in the midst of terror and destruction. One only needs to stand and watch His deliverance. It is an amazing thing to see the deliverance of God - and I have seen it many many times. He has never left us or forsaken us - EVER.

Fear not. Only stand in that way in which He has shown you. If you do this you will never suffer the loss of the most valuable thing in the world - the fellowship and mercy and grace of the Almighty.

You do well to meditate upon this passage, for He who made the storm cease on the Sea of Galilee is the same who can raise it up for destruction. Yet He is merciful to those who know Him and DO His words. Remember the words of the angels on the day Jesus was born.

"Glory to God in the highest, and on Earth peace among men with whom He is pleased."

- Luke 2:14

The passage does not include all men, as the world mistakenly believes, but only certain ones.

I once served in the Navy and spent several years at sea. During those years I experienced the mercy of God in the midst of hurricanes and the very real possibility of loss and death. But God was merciful and in those times I learned that every hurricane has a peaceful eye. If God wishes you peace, then you will stand in that eye and see all the world around you falling to pieces.

Today I live in Florida and have stood in my yard and watched the eye of a hurricane pass over my home. We suffered only the loss of a couple of screens while whole communities around us were devastated. I cannot say here that this deliverance will continue indefinitely, but I do know that God will provide a way of escape and peace in the midst of terror and destruction. One only needs to stand and watch His deliverance. It is an amazing thing to see the deliverance of God - and I have seen it many many times. He has never left us or forsaken us - EVER.

Fear not. Only stand in that way in which He has shown you. If you do this you will never suffer the loss of the most valuable thing in the world - the fellowship and mercy and grace of the Almighty.

The most amazing piece of truth I have ever had the privilege of seeing you post. +1

Gary