• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

A BBC reporter helped spread a photo of a child supposedly injured by an Israeli attack on Gaza. In reality, the photo is three weeks old and was taken in Syria.

The photo of a wounded Syrian child was posted here on October 28th. Early Monday morning, a Palestinian journalist named Hazem Balousha tweeted the photo with the misleading description "Pain in #Gaza." It was retweeted more than 90 times, including by BBC Gaza correspondent Jon Donnison. Donnison added the word "Heartbreaking" and sent it to his 8,000 followers.

After the error was pointed out, Donnison apologized, saying, "A photo I retweeted from another journo yesterday showing children injured was NOT in Gaza as I said but apparently from Syria. Apologies." The original tweet by Mr. Balousha appears to have been deleted.

BBC has already been caught once in the past week running fake footage of supposedly injured Gazans. In an incident noted last Thursday, a man is shown being carried by a group of men. He appears to be wounded. But moments later, the same man can be seen walking around — apparently nothing wrong with him.

CNN and the AP also ran an image of a 4-year-old killed in the conflict, strongly implying he died in an Israeli airstrike. However, Israel carried out no strikes the day the child died. According to the those who examined the site, the blast that killed the little boy was the result of a "Palestinian rocket," not an Israeli bomb.

syrian-child.jpg

http://www.breitbart...n-Injured-Child

The BBC strikes again (against Israel).

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

tinky,

you are right. good post. keep us informed of the truth and the obvious agenda of the press. i am watching the bbc and the spanish news coverage. when this all started, there was nothing about the hamas rockets and they don't say that the idf has shot down nearly 1000 of them. they only show footage of the palestinians and the damaged buildings that have fallen. they do not say how horrible is that israel has to destroy buildings that once belonged to them, that they surrendered and abandoned in the name of peace.

i was in israel a month ago when the first rockets were being fired. i stood at the dead sea watching fighter jets soar above us on a mssion to shoot down the rockets. we all stood silent, knowing what was about to come.

Guest shiloh357

This reminds me of other times Israel has been smeared by misleading captions on photos. Back in 2000, the AP ran a photo that showed a bloodied middle eastern looking boy and an angry Israeli soldier holding a police baton. The caption read, "an Israli polieman and a Palestinian on the Temple Mount."

The problem was that the picture had a sign in Hebrew that was for a gas station, meaning that it wasn't on the temple mount. Secondly, when the add was run, it was discovered that the young man in the photo was not a Palestinian but an American. He was an Orthodox Jewish student from Chicago named Tuvia Grossman and the reason he was covered in blood was because he and some friends who didn't make it out alive, were ambushed by Palestinian terrorists.

When the AP was confronted with their mistake, they tried every maneuver in the book to avoid having to avoid having to retract the caption and run an apology and make the necessary corrections. Why? Because the picture went "viral" as we say today, and it was being used by pro-Palestinian activists to raise money for Palestinian "charities." It had become a weapon against Israel and an effective one at that. It took legal action and a lot of public pressure to get the AP to be honest and admit that they had mislead the public.

tuvia.gif