Going to deliverance camp ?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

I am debating about going to a "deliverance camp". I think something is on us. I have a physical spirit of fear on me and physical symptoms. I went to the ER last night for something but tests were OK. I also seem to have quite a bit of confusion. I know that the Lord is the true deliverer and not man. I just wonder if I am making a mistake in considering going or if anyone has any views on deliverance. Should we go or should we keep going to church and wait on the Lord? Or cast this thing out myself? I would appreciate any advice.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

Have you considered fasting and praying through these issues? I would also ask God where He is directing you to go and do, not any of us. Some will swear by places like these and others will call them crazy. The question is, what is God saying?

Have you considered fasting and praying through these issues? I would also ask God where He is directing you to go and do, not any of us. Some will swear by places like these and others will call them crazy. The question is, what is God saying?

OneLight, I will pray about it, but I am not able to hear God's voice (i.e. prompting). God has communicated with me other ways, but not that way.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Hi Biscuit

I understand your problem...pick up a copy of Neil Anderson's 'The Bondage Breaker'.....it deals with demonic activity

from a straight forward Biblical perspective....

My personal advice would be to stay away from deliverance ministries...and do not let people lay hands on you

and pray

Jesus simply used scripture to deal with satan when He was tempted....you do not have to run all over.....as Christians,

we do have authority over the demonic...but as most churches do not seem to teach this fact, it results in various unbiblical

practices, people spending lots of money and often, making the problem worse.

There is nothing scary....what you want, is a truth application against the demonic...you do not want a power struggle

Praying God guides and directs you and that you have a clear mind to make your decisions

For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. II Tim 1:7

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

James my dear brother, sorry to hear that this is still going on. I am praying God will stop this immediately but while we wait know that I share your pain. I still have a spirit of fear who tries to come upon me and get me to believe things which are not true but I am able to deny him by the power of the word of God. Lately I have been rebuking anything and everything that exalts itself against the knowledge of God. "Get thee behind me Satan, thou are an offence to me" has become somewhat of a mantra. The fiery darts that come are aimed directly at your weaknesses. Make sure that you are still asking our Father to completely fill you with his Spirit as in his presence is the fullness of joy. Continue asking him to show you what to do and when as when we commit our works to the Lord we are told that our thoughts will be established. Make sure your reading scripture regularly and I suggest praying that which know back unto God in praise. When I talk to God about what he has accomplished here in the world and praise him for the creation itself, I find that I continue to fall deeper and deeper in love with God and form a great reverence for his person. We must exercise ourselves unto godliness if we are to be in good spiritual shape. The fountain from within of living waters must be uncapped and caused to flow and give us drink in times of greatest need. And above any and all things....obey....obey every single command you know God has ever given for us as Christians to be obedient unto, and be thankful in all things. You can call me any time you wish too and I will spend whatever time you need on the phone encouraging you as well. God bless you in all things. I have prayed and will continue to pray for you as the Lord leads me too.

Gary

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

I am debating about taking my son and going to a "deliverance camp" in Hot Springs during Thanksgiving. I think something is on us. I have a physical spirit of fear on me and physical symptoms. I went to the ER last night for something but tests were OK. I also seem to have quite a bit of confusion. I know that the Lord is the true deliverer and not man. When my wife was sick, we ran all over the country seeking man/pastors for her deliverance, and she was not set free. I just wonder if I am making a mistake in considering going or if anyone has any views on deliverance. Should we go or should we keep going to church and wait on the Lord? Or cast this thing out myself? I know this sounds crazy but would appreciate any advice.

Do you have a Church that you go to?

The Lord did not give you a spirit of fear, He gave you a spirit of son ship, and set you free from being a slave to fear. There is no need to travel from TX to Hot Springs, AK to be set free, for you are free already. You are a child of God and a slave to no fear or sin, you can call out to your Father from where you are. Abba Father, will hear you and He will send comfort to you if you open your heart, Trust and Believe in Him. .... You can step forward with confidence knowing that God gave you a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline. In Love God predestined you to be adopted as his son through Jesus Christ, in accordance with His pleasure and Will—

Rom 8:15 For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father."

Rom 8:13 For if you live according to the sinful nature, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live,

Rom 8:14 because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.

(Joh 8:33) They answered him, "We are Abraham's descendants and have never been slaves of anyone. How can you say that we shall be set free?"

(Joh 8:34) Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave to sin.

(Joh 8:35) Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever.

(Joh 8:36) So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

The best part about all of this is that Jesus already paid the price for your sins and for setting us free. There is not one going to charge you 20, 30, or 50 dollars for a book, or to be prayed over. Believe and you will be set free.

ICL~~~Dennis

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

Biscuit, keep in mind that Satan is an already defeated enemy. Greater is He that is in you (the Holy Spirit) than he that is in the world (Satan). God is, and always will be, on His Throne. Nothing about you escapes His notice. Prayer and time in the Word is the best remedy for fear. God, in fact, tells us not to fear or to worry. It's a waste of time. We fear and worry when we are not trusting in God and His providence.

Give your burden over to the Lord. You are safe in His care. Rest in His salvation. Nothing can snatch you from His hand.

Biscuit, keep in mind that Satan is an already defeated enemy. Greater is He that is in you (the Holy Spirit) than he that is in the world (Satan). God is, and always will be, on His Throne. Nothing about you escapes His notice. Prayer and time in the Word is the best remedy for fear. God, in fact, tells us not to fear or to worry. It's a waste of time. We fear and worry when we are not trusting in God and His providence.

Give your burden over to the Lord. You are safe in His care. Rest in His salvation. Nothing can snatch you from His hand.

Tinky,

It is frustrating to me that I cannot hear God's voice and feel a need to ask others for help.

I suspect that I will regret it if I go, and I will also regret it if I don't go.

Biscuit

I am debating about taking my son and going to a "deliverance camp" in Hot Springs during Thanksgiving. I think something is on us. I have a physical spirit of fear on me and physical symptoms. I went to the ER last night for something but tests were OK. I also seem to have quite a bit of confusion. I know that the Lord is the true deliverer and not man. When my wife was sick, we ran all over the country seeking man/pastors for her deliverance, and she was not set free. I just wonder if I am making a mistake in considering going or if anyone has any views on deliverance. Should we go or should we keep going to church and wait on the Lord? Or cast this thing out myself? I know this sounds crazy but would appreciate any advice.

Do you have a Church that you go to?

The Lord did not give you a spirit of fear, He gave you a spirit of son ship, and set you free from being a slave to fear. There is no need to travel from TX to Hot Springs, AK to be set free, for you are free already. You are a child of God and a slave to no fear or sin, you can call out to your Father from where you are. Abba Father, will hear you and He will send comfort to you if you open your heart, Trust and Believe in Him. .... You can step forward with confidence knowing that God gave you a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline. In Love God predestined you to be adopted as his son through Jesus Christ, in accordance with His pleasure and Will—

Rom 8:15 For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father."

Rom 8:13 For if you live according to the sinful nature, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live,

Rom 8:14 because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.

(Joh 8:33) They answered him, "We are Abraham's descendants and have never been slaves of anyone. How can you say that we shall be set free?"

(Joh 8:34) Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave to sin.

(Joh 8:35) Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever.

(Joh 8:36) So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

The best part about all of this is that Jesus already paid the price for your sins and for setting us free. There is not one going to charge you 20, 30, or 50 dollars for a book, or to be prayed over. Believe and you will be set free.

ICL~~~Dennis

Thanks, OldShep. That makes sense. It seems like I am getting more confused in my thinking lately.