• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1993

"The trumpet shall sound and the dead in Christ shall rise........"

Unless I am mistaken, we are still in the same Dispensation of time as the Apostle Paul. The verse above uses the future tense - evidently refering to a future event that has not come to pass yet. If I read the complete picture presented by Paul, I cannot understand how it could be supporting what you have proposed.

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

We have not, as I understand it, experienced any of the occurrences in this verse.

Dispensations is not a Biblical term or teaching. I did not post what I have been told to debate it but to inform.

If you don't like the term "dispensation", substitute it with its definition: "a period of time during which God deals with men in a certain and specific way". For the record, the term "dispensation" is found several times in the Bible. (see: 1 Corinthians 9:17, Ephesians 1:10, Ephesians 3:2, and Colossians 1:25)

I find your statement "I did not post what I have been told to debate it but to inform." as an easy way of getting around having to explain fully and/or substantiate (Biblically) a claim of divine revelation.

• Group:  Advanced Member

Besides, the burden of proof is always upon the one who is introducing a "new" or "different" or doctrine or revelation. Indeed, we are warned by the Apostle Paul:

That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine... Ephesians 4:14

Don't confuse my reluctance to accept your "revelation" as hardheartedness, it is not - It is caution.

Edited by AlexanderJ

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  295
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  04/26/1932

"The trumpet shall sound and the dead in Christ shall rise........"

Unless I am mistaken, we are still in the same Dispensation of time as the Apostle Paul. The verse above uses the future tense - evidently refering to a future event that has not come to pass yet. If I read the complete picture presented by Paul, I cannot understand how it could be supporting what you have proposed.

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

We have not, as I understand it, experienced any of the occurrences in this verse.

Dispensations is not a Biblical term or teaching. I did not post what I have been told to debate it but to inform.

If you don't like the term "dispensation", substitute it with its definition: "a period of time during which God deals with men in a certain and specific way". For the record, the term "dispensation" is found several times in the Bible. (see: 1 Corinthians 9:17, Ephesians 1:10, Ephesians 3:2, and Colossians 1:25)

I find your statement "I did not post what I have been told to debate it but to inform." as an easy way of getting around having to explain fully and/or substantiate (Biblically) a claim of divine revelation.

The word is not found anywhere in my Bible (CEV). Perhaps you need a modern Bible. When God speaks to His people today He speaks the same way He did in the past and, as far as I know, does not bother to write it down.

Besides, the burden of proof is always upon the one who is introducing a "new" or "different" or doctrine or revelation. Indeed, we are warned by the Apostle Paul:

That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine... Ephesians 4:14

Don't confuse my reluctance to accept your "revelation" as hardheartedness, it is not - It is caution.

Whether or not you accept it is between you and God. It doesn't matter to me.

The word is not found anywhere in my Bible (CEV). Perhaps you need a modern Bible. When God speaks to His people today He speaks the same way He did in the past and, as far as I know, does not bother to write it down.

I know that I'm getting off on a rabbit trail, but the word "Dispensation" comes from the Greek "oikonomia" which is translated as such:

oikonomia -- pronounced: oy-kon-om-ee'-ah administration (of a household or estate); specially, a (religious) "economy": KJV -- dispensation, stewardship.

God generally does bother to write his Word down - and its called the Bible.

Those who present what they believe to be the truth should attempt to do it justice by presenting it to others in a cogent, substantiated way.

As an example, most everyone has had the experience in school of being taught by teachers. Some are good teachers and some are not. What is it that makes them good or bad teachers? Is it the material that they present? Probably not. Most teachers teach using the same basic raw material. What defines them as a teacher is how they present the raw material that they have been given. Good teachers substantiate, try to explain, and present their material in a way that can be understood by most. Teachers aim to convince, not just present raw "facts".

Those who present what they believe to be the truth should attempt to do it justice by presenting it to others in a cogent, substantiated way.

As an example, most everyone has had the experience in school of being taught by teachers. Some are good teachers and some are not. What is it that makes them good or bad teachers? Is it the material that they present? Probably not. Most teachers teach using the same basic raw material. What defines them as a teacher is how they present the raw material that they have been given. Good teachers substantiate, try to explain, and present their material in a way that can be understood by most. Teachers aim to convince, not just present raw "facts".

I have not been called to "convince". If you have a problem with what I present talk to God about it.

I have not been called to "convince". If you have a problem with what I present talk to God about it.

Hmm... Well, just make sure that you're not using this (I have not been called to "convince") as a way of getting around having to substantiate your claims.

Hmm... Well, just make sure that you're not using this (I have not been called to "convince") as a way of getting around having to substantiate your claims.

Our relationship with God is one of faith not science. If you want what I shared substantiated ask God. He is capable of talking to you if you listen.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

Keep in mind that this is a discussion forum, not an information board where people come in to post their revelations and refuse to discuss what they post. Usually, people have their own site to post their revelations that disallow others to comment. Please consider this when posting.