• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  989
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  01/13/1959

Thought I would share this article. Several scriptures are given at end of article where people went against those in authority in their day.

I believe we are to intercede for those in authority, but not just follow their edicts blindly. God's way should take precedence over any one elses, no matter what worldly position of authority they hold.

from article:

There's a "movement" within the church that's harping on "ROMANS 13" as an excuse to look the other way when government officials do wrong, or atrocities are being committed. It's causing a lot of confusion among some Believers, because it appears that we have to believe all authorities are ministers from God (even if it's obvious that they
aren't
). Does God appoint all government authority? Are all the police, federal agents, soldiers and politicians ministers of God "to do good for you"? Isn't it true that, as Christians, we aren't to stand up against them when they indict us on false charges, or seize our property, or levy fines? After all, "God did it for a reason." (Maybe He figured you'd pray better if you were in jail). Oh, well,
"Hallelujah anyhow!"
I guess we're supposed to just turn our brains off and obey any thug who happens to have authority. It makes life so much easier.

"ROMANS 13" has become a popular mantra in some churches today - as people are beginning to question the unconstitutional "laws" (i.e., "Patriot Act") being put into force now. But some churches are populated with comfortable people who want to believe authorities are right (they haven't had to deal with any "authoritarian thugs" yet!). In hot times like these, we'd better see what God REALLY says about the matter.

read rest;

http://jerickweb.50webs.com/hankmcintyre/Romans_13.html

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

There is only One Final Authority, and it is He whom I will follow. When man instructs me to go against His will, man will loose.

.... God's way should take precedence over any one elses, no matter what worldly position of authority they hold....

Amen

For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness.

He therefore that despiseth, despiseth not man, but God, who hath also given unto us his holy Spirit.

But as touching brotherly love ye need not that I write unto you: for ye yourselves are taught of God to love one another. And indeed ye do it toward all the brethren which are in all Macedonia: but we beseech you, brethren, that ye increase more and more;

And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you; That ye may walk honestly toward them that are without, and that ye may have lack of nothing. 1 Thessalonians 4:7-12

And Yes, It Is All About Obeying Tyrants

Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. 2 Timothy 3:12

Until It Becomes All About Following Christ

And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. Mark 8:34

Even To Death

He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal. John 12:25

~

Great Thread Beloved

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• 4 years later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.45
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 11/22/2012 at 9:30 PM, goldust59 said:

"ROMANS 13" has become a popular mantra in some churches today - as people are beginning to question the unconstitutional "laws" (i.e., "Patriot Act") being put into force now. But some churches are populated with comfortable people who want to believe authorities are right (they haven't had to deal with any "authoritarian thugs" yet!). In hot times like these, we'd better see what God REALLY says about the matter.

You may ask: But what about the Antichrist? Do we have to submit to him? If the archangel Michael was subjected to Ha-Satan instead of judging him, then what is left for us? I know this sounds strange, but think: when you submit to someone who is in the service of Ha-Satan, indirectly you are subjecting yourself to Ha-Satan as well. Therefore, if your master or spouse is not serving Jesus, indirectly you are subjecting yourself to Ha-Satan (see 1Cor 7:2-35).

Moreover, do not forget that, first of all, the whole apocalypse was designed and maintained by the Eternal:

"And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: that they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness."(2 Thessalonians 2:11,12).

"For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled." (Rev. 17:17).

Note that the ten world leaders will only get the same idea, so that they will give the beast their kingdom because the Eternal will have it in their hearts. That is, neither hell with all its effectiveness is capable of promoting such cohesion of thought. In other words, all prophecy concerning the beast will not be able to materialize, unless the Eternal intervenes PERSONALLY supernaturally. And He does so because everything is His design to fulfill His words. That is, Ha-Satan, not even in all its effectiveness is capable of deceiving and seducing all at the same time.

Finally, no matter how terrible can be the action of Ha-Satan, the antichrist and the false prophet with all his minions, even thus we cannot think of building an armed army to try to defeat these forces, not even try to circumvent the mark of Beast with the excuse it is to feed us (as some evangelical apocalyptic films show). Doing this is consciously fighting against the Eternal and His Word (Rom. 13:5).

The correct thing is to submit to the antichrist by abdicating the right to buy and sell to live truly by faith (Acts 2:4, Rom 1:17, Gal 3:16). For more abominable Ha-Satan's work be, the Holy Scripture says that no magistrate is a terror to the good work (Rom. 13:3). Therefore, the true good work is not related to tranquility and well-being in this world. The Eternal will use the injustices of Ha-Satan and his allies to lead us to the right place where true good can manifest in us (Rom. 13: 4).