IGNORED

Do we really go to heaven just as soon as we die?

Massorite

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1993

"Hades" is the Greek word for the Hebrew term "Sheol".

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Yes it is.

I'll be off forum or a time.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

"Hades" is the Greek word for the Hebrew term "Sheol".

which means "the grave" and is "The place of Departed Souls" and there is no disguishment between Good souls or Bad souls. It is simply the place of departed souls.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

I once heard something from a preacher on T.V that made sense to me. He said that from the time we die until the time we are with Jesus in heaven, time ceases to exist and passes by in the blink of an eye. So even if it took a tousand years until Jesus returns, it would feel like we died and went straight to heaven instead of feeling like we're waiting for judgement day. All the others who aren't saved go through some kind of waiting period, I don't know if that place is Hades or something else.So it seems as though some kind of time leap occurs.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1

it seems that nobody can give a stright answer on this....if i closed my eyes in death now what would i see on the other side

would i see Jesus or would i be in a state of status

what is on the other side and are we aware

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

it seems that nobody can give a stright answer on this....if i closed my eyes in death now what would i see on the other side

would i see Jesus or would i be in a state of status

what is on the other side and are we aware

Redroses, in my view, when Christians pass from the body, they go to be with Jesus. There is no such thing as "soul sleep."

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Redroses, you asked if we are aware on the "other side."

Consider:

Philippians 1:21

For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain

Paul said for him to die is GAIN. Losing the awareness of the presence of Christ is not a GAIN, actually it's a loss. Some may say, that it's a temporary loss, doesn't matter, holding to the view that we sleep upon the death of the body translates into a loss.

Paul rejected this and said that to leave the body was a GAIN, not a loss.

When we depart the body, we go to be with Christ, that's what Paul said. It is far better and it is a gain.

Some people believe that when we die we are dead like a cow, that’s silly, that’s no gain. Other’s think that we just float around or are absorbed into the universe, that’s no gain either.

According to Paul to depart from the body is:

1.) FAR BETTER

2.) GAIN

3.)TO BE WITH CHRIST

The unscriptural doctrine of "Soul sleep" violates all of this. God has given us His Word to understand these things, let's go by what the Word says. To die in Christ is gain.

II Corinthians 5:8

We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

Scripture tells us to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. Now, that’s better than better.

Philippians 1:22

But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not.

I shall choose…

This is kind of an amazing passage. Paul says, he hadn’t decided yet. Paul is the one making the choice. He didn't say, I’m leaving it in the hand of God. He said, “I don’t know what I shall choose”.

Paul didn’t say, “I’m just praying for God’s will to be done” or “I don’t know what God is going to choose for me”. He said, “I don’t know what I will choose”.

God gave the power of choice to Paul. He let Paul call the shot on this one.

Philippians 1:23

For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:

Far better…

Paul is talking about dying, Notice, Paul did not say that when he dies that it would be better for him. He says it would be FAR better, way better, much more better, better than better.

What is meant by FAR BETTER? Well FAR BETTER means better than better.

If upon passing to the other side, Paul slept, then he would be unconscious of God's presence, due to his sleep. Yet, here while in the flesh, Paul said to live is Christ, and that He now is conscious of Christ's indwelling presence.

So, if Paul went to sleep, then he would have to go from an awareness of God's presence in this life to a lack of awareness due to sleep in the next.

That is not "better" much less "far better", or “better than better”. Losing the awareness of God's presence due to "soul sleep" is not "far better", actually, it's less better.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Actually I think we do go to heaven when we die