IGNORED

Common Descent or Common Designer

Guest Ehud

.... Isn't it a bit odd that direct changes to the regulation of Wnt-3a and Cdx1 genes results in tail formation in humans? Seems like these genes we have can make tails, why would this be the case?

Well, It's No Suprise

And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life; Genesis 3:17

For Sin Corrupts All Of Creation

Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. Romans 8:21-22

Including The Godless Minds Of A Few "Great" Men Of Science

Surely your turning of things upside down shall be esteemed as the potter's clay: for shall the work say of him that made it, He made me not? or shall the thing framed say of him that framed it, He had no understanding? Isaiah 29:16

And If You Would Ever Desire To See Clearly

But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake. 2 Corinthians 4:3-5

Just Call Jesus

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call. Joel 2:32

And Believe

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1

We do see atavisms in other animals. It is said that horses evolved from smaller, multi-hoofed ancestors, but now they only have one toe with a single hoof over it, normally. Sometimes you get a horse with three toes each with a hoof, an atavism. We aren't the only creatures to have these sorts of things happen.

Well a horse is a horse, of course, of course. And a chicken with teeth is a chicken... with teeth. And so on.

I didn't say that abnormalities, (that you call atavisms), don't occur in the animal kingdom. But simply because evolutionists play the "pin the tail on the abnormality that they think supports them and claim it in the name of evolution"-game doesn't mean that I find it particularly convincing. There are all kinds of bizarre deformities in the animal kingdom. Who decides which ones are atavisms and which are not?

Isn't it a bit odd that direct changes to the regulation of Wnt-3a and Cdx1 genes results in tail formation in humans? Seems like these genes we have can make tails, why would this be the case?

Why would that be odd? Genes are used to control such things. Genes get damaged, resulting in abnormalities. You call it "tail formation". I prefer to call it by its correct anatomical name - a "coccyx". A coccyx has genes that control how long the coccyx should grow. These genes can be damaged just like any other gene in our body.

As far as I am concerned, humans have genes for making coccyx's, not tails.

~NEWSFLASH~

Based on available evidence, it appears that humans must have evolved from a recent common ancestor which had…would you believe it…SIX FINGERS! An extra finger (finger #6) at birth is reported in about 2 per 1000 children. Most of the time these extra digits are just “small bits of extra skin, but in some cases the bone structure is intact and the extra digits are fully functional.

Polydactyly_01_Lhand_AP.jpg

So it appears that scientists have found the genes for finger #6 in other organisms and we have them too. Every now and then these genes are no longer suppressed in us humans and we end up with finger #6. ToE provides the best explanation for why we have the genes to make finger #6. Science is all about making observations and coming up with the best explanation of them. We have the observation that humans have the genes for finger #6, and every now and then these genes are not suppressed and you have a human with finger #6 complete with bones and all. Either we inherited the genes for finger #6 from an ancestor that had finger #6, or our Designer decided to give us the genes for finger #6 because...... (fill in the blank).

Well…I hope everyone gets the point. That last paragraph is composed entirely of excerpts from D-9 (all of the text in green) except that all references to the tail have been replaced by finger #6...sounds about as convincing as the tail evidence...the only problem Evolution doesn't say we evolved from an ancestor with six fingers. The truth is, polydactylism (extra fingers and toes) is quite common among babies being born…in fact, I bet everyone reading this thread knows someone who had finger #6 at birth (though you may not realize it, because “finger #6” is usually surgically removed immediately after birth, for aesthetic reasons). There are several types of polydactylism depending on where the extra digit shows up, and it occurs in both hands (extra fingers) and feet (extra toes). However, learning about this common developmental problem is not the point of the post; it is the comparison that is vital. Notice the similarities between two disorders: the human extra finger is usually nothing more than a flap of tissue but occasionally has fully formed bones and is functional; the human “tail“ is usually nothing more than a skin protrusion, with nerves, and muscles and occasionally a vertebra or few. Just like finger #6 is produced by an abnormal continuation of the patterning that produced the normal 5 fingers, those extremely rare “tails” which contain a few vertebrae are simply an abnormal continuation of the patterning which produced the normal backbone. So why is one called an evolutionary throwback and the other a developmental disorder? Well, people get pretty desperate sometimes trying to support their worldviews. I suspect that the reason this weak evidence is commonly used is because of the “wow” factor. Humans with “tails”…this sounds like compelling evidence; Humans with an elongated backbone birth defect …not so much.

This alone is enough to discard the human tail as evidence for Evolution (unless Evolutionists are willing to say that we evolved from a six-finger ancestor). However, in my next post we will actually take a look at the science behind these misrepresented tail-growing genes.

Hold the Fort,

Ehud

P.S. Citizenship beat me to the punch on this one...as he first mentioned polydactylism, but I had this post written and decided to still post it anyways. I apologize for the redundancy, but it is an important point.

http://www.babymed.c...fingers-or-toes

Well, I am completely ignorant on the subject, therefore I risk to say some nonsense. Hope D-9 will correct me.

I think that the sixth finger is not driven by a new gene, but by the reactivation of the same. A bit like a loop in a sw subroutine that counts six activations of a gene instead of five.

Therefore, I don't think that your example is relevant, since everybody knows that we have a gene to create at least one finger. But not everyone is aware that we have genes with the potential to create at least on tail ;)

Ciao

- viole

Good...I was hoping you would say this. So suppose the same genes which were used to build the rest of the backbone were used to build this so called "tail" would you discard this evidence? After all, "since everybody knows that we have a gene to create at least one" vertebra...why not a few more.

Ehud

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

This thread is closed for review. Your conversation lack any edifying to Christ, but seems to be doing just the opposite to me. To be even more honest, I cannot monitor a thread that I have no idea what is being said.

Taking this in review with others in ministry.