• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

Televangelist Pat Robertson is telling his audience that dinosaurs are from a time before the Bible and that Planet Earth is older than 6,000 years.

“I know people will probably lynch me for this, but Bishop Ussher, God bless him, wasn’t inspired by the Lord when he said it all took 6,000 years. It just didn’t,” Robertson said Tuesday on “The 700 Club.”

The host was referring to James Ussher, the 17th century archbishop of Ireland who, in his 1650 publication “The Annals of the World,” proffered his belief that the Earth was created Oct. 23, 4004 B.C.

“You go back in time, you have carbon dating, all these things, and you have the carcasses of dinosaurs frozen in time.” Robertson explained. “They are out there. And so there was a time when these giant raptors were on the Earth and it was before the time of the Bible. So don’t try to cover it up and make like everything was 6,000 years, that’s not the Bible.”

http://www.wnd.com/2..._orig=education

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  70
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Robertson is something of an evangelist, but hardly a teacher. One needs to hold to their gift and not presume to state things like that, without saying: this is just my opinion.

If one visits the scientific site at icr.org, they will get well documented information and godly studies on science by Ph.D scientists who are devoted Christians.

i haven't read the article yet, but i will. there's a whole line of thought out there though (and maybe this is what he was getting at) that when God said the earth was without form and void, that it didn't mean it came from nothing... that earth already existed, but was literally empty and without a definable form... according to that train of thought, some believe that earth may have already been destroyed once, and God has re-created it as we now know it.

i don't really have an opinion on the age of the earth and how that can be reconciled with the biblical account of how long we've been around. it just really never mattered much to me. if one of our days is like a thousand of His years, then what i can say for certain is that in the big scheme of things, things like that are bigger than our ability to comprehend.

and our comprehension is so incredibly limited.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  158
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

If there was another earth before this one or any living thing then death did not come by the one man Adam did it? Rom 5:12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned— The believer is to walk by faith and not by sight(2Cor5:7) The just shall live by faith is the principle throughout the scriptures, the wedge of doubt concerning the truth of all scripture is not to penetrate the thought which enters the mind, reject it as soon as possible is the best solution of not leaning to one's own understanding. Forever O Lord, your word is settled in heaven, make it the mainstay of each believer's heart.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

The age of this earth is not going to effect my Salvation one way or the other. I shall wait for Jesus to

explain this subject to me.

At one time I had a Pastor who said there is a time span between Gen. 1:1 and Gen 1:2 and in that

period there was another habitation of the earth. It was not important to me then nor is it now.

It is obvious that dinosaurs did indeed inhabit this earth and for now, I can live with that as it is.

If there was another earth before this one or any living thing then death did not come by the one man Adam did it? Rom 5:12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned— The believer is to walk by faith and not by sight(2Cor5:7) The just shall live by faith is the principle throughout the scriptures, the wedge of doubt concerning the truth of all scripture is not to penetrate the thought which enters the mind, reject it as soon as possible is the best solution of not leaning to one's own understanding. Forever O Lord, your word is settled in heaven, make it the mainstay of each believer's heart.

the theory that earth existed and that a cataclysmic event destroyed the earth prior to the creation account in genesis really does not have any bearing on the bible as it is written to us. IF that theory has any merit, and i'm not saying it does, the theory is that EARTH had been destroyed. it doesn't surmise at all that there were ever human beings before such an event.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

I do not care....I choose to believe that God made the Earth, the Heavens and all that is in it, as well as Time...for living man....for I do not see the dead and the Angles have need of such a measurement as time.

MadebyGodWebCoybyDKS.gif

Dennis.........

I do not care....I choose to believe that God made the Earth, the Heavens and all that is in it, as well as Time...for living man....for I do not see the dead and the Angles have need of such a measurement as time.

MadebyGodWebCoybyDKS.gif

Dennis.........

AMEN dennis!! i am in total agreement with that.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  158
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

unless this "death" is not referring to the physical body

Well, if it's not why do all people die physically?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,673
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Whats funny, is how obvious he like so many other christians, hasnt bothered to actually do the research. Even scientists who believe in carbon dating will tell you its only accurate up to 10,000 years, and THATS questionable. Most evolutionary scientists who want to date things they think are older then 10,000 years use radio-carbon dating. If someone wants to discredit Genesis with "modern science" they ought to at least do a little research.