Fez

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1

Technical question: why do we need such a computing power if the soul has, allegedely, the resources needed to represent our cognitive self? Just to send commands to our physical muscles? Seems a bit of an overshooting.

Technical answer: We need computers because we have fallen short of the glory of God. :)

If Adam needed a computer then God would have planted a computer tree in the garden of Eden.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

to whom He has given an amazing body to carry it around

I like it when people tell me that :)

Yes, I know, ... Out of context,... Guilty, I guess.

Technical question: why do we need such a computing power if the soul has, allegedely, the resources needed to represent our cognitive self? Just to send commands to our physical muscles? Seems a bit of an overshooting.

Ciao

- viole

Not really, imagine having to wear an iPod with earphones all the time listening to a voice saying "breath in, breath out". You would have to hold your breath every time you needed a haircut. God knows what He is doing.....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Ciao

- viole

Not really, imagine having to wear an iPod with earphones all the time listening to a voice saying "breath in, breath out". You would have to hold your breath every time you needed a haircut. God knows what He is doing.....

You would have to hold your breath every time you needed a haircut... :laugh:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,064
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Ciao

- viole

Viole the oveshooting you see and speak of( 'IS' )to a limitless God nothing to be considered but given to us

that we might consider Him and repent of our denial of His 'Limitless' Glory! His Beautiful Person...

Ro 1:20

20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen,

being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and

Godhead, so that they are without excuse,

NKJV

His sent His Son Who created all this to die for you! and in your own being

you give all this to either rocks or alien DNA ...

Prayed... Love, Steven

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  148
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

And thanks to God's providence only about 25%-50% of all embryos are miscarried (e.g. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001488.htm )- only imagine how high that number would be if it would be a natural evolved process instead of a divinely guided one!

Also the awesomely low Infant Mortality Rates in say Africa would be totally inexplicable if it were not for divinty and marvellousness of the human body which makes it impregnable against disease and accidents.

Technical question: why do we need such a computing power if the soul has, allegedly, the resources needed to represent our cognitive self? Just to send commands to our physical muscles? Seems a bit of an overshooting.

We Needed The Computing Power To Made Computers

To Do The Drone Work Of Endless Repetitive High Speed Number Crunching

For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.

I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.

My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.

Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.

How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!

If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee. Psalms 139:13-18

So The Real Miracle

The Human Mind Is Freed To Dream And To Innovate

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Genesis1:26-28

And To Worship And To Adore It's Loving Creator

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23

Or Not

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. John 3:17-20

~

Believe

Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?

Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.

If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. John 3:10-15

And Be Blessed Beloved

Love, Joe