• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

[

What one says about me or what I believe and profess to be true means nothing to me except that if I have not previously followed their logic to its logical end to see their error or fix error I have then I need to as:

2Cr 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

And...

Gal 6:4 But let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another.

Because, we must....

Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

When doctrine does not affect behavior of the individual, I don't find much need to know or understand it. Those who assert that 'I am wrong' or say other things like 'Nonsense' and such the like help me to exercise myself unto godliness through patience. Let em do whatever they want as it is Christ they have to face not me. We will know whether our speech was always with grace or seasoned with salt on that day.

Agreed and if I might add

Ro 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think [of himself] more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

There is also the pride of unteachableness. {{{{ Edited out Personal Attack }}}}

Telling you that you are wrong doesn't consittute thinking more highly of one's self. It is an attempt to force you to face cold hard facts. You can't defend your positions based on real facts. In truth, that should tell you something.

You need to face facts and stop trying to play the victim. {{{{ Edited out Personal Attack }}}}

You have a right to your opinion. I disagree with your assessment of the situation. And you have still avoided a direct question I ask of you.

Guest shiloh357

[

What one says about me or what I believe and profess to be true means nothing to me except that if I have not previously followed their logic to its logical end to see their error or fix error I have then I need to as:

2Cr 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

And...

Gal 6:4 But let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another.

Because, we must....

Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

When doctrine does not affect behavior of the individual, I don't find much need to know or understand it. Those who assert that 'I am wrong' or say other things like 'Nonsense' and such the like help me to exercise myself unto godliness through patience. Let em do whatever they want as it is Christ they have to face not me. We will know whether our speech was always with grace or seasoned with salt on that day.

Ro 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think [of himself] more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

There is also the pride of unteachableness. {{{{ Edited out Personal Attack }}}}

Telling you that you are wrong doesn't consittute thinking more highly of one's self. It is an attempt to force you to face cold hard facts. You can't defend your positions based on real facts. In truth, that should tell you something.

You need to face facts and stop trying to play the victim. {{{{ Edited out Personal Attack }}}}

You have a right to your opinion. I disagree with your assessment of the situation. And you have still avoided a direct question I ask of you.

what question?

• Group:  Royal Member

[

And...

Because, we must....

what question?

Post 29

The original question and this question in context is about the standard you set up not whether or not you are guilty but this standard you set up would it apply to you?

Grace & Peace

LT

Guest shiloh357

[

And...

Because, we must....

So when you tell someone they are wrong, which you have done, it is not thinking more highly of yourself, but when I tell you that you are wrong, it is a case of me thinking more highly of myself than I should? Yeah, that's a major doublestandard.

Yes, my standards apply to myself. I never use the word "prove" as free and loose as others do. I recognzie the standards of proof and I know the difference bewtween evidnce and proof and I structure my arguments accordingly.

• Group:  Royal Member

[

And...

Because, we must....

So when you tell someone they are wrong, which you have done, it is not thinking more highly of yourself, but when I tell you that you are wrong, it is a case of me thinking more highly of myself than I should? Yeah, that's a major doublestandard.

Yes, my standards apply to myself. I never use the word "prove" as free and loose as others do. I recognzie the standards of proof and I know the difference bewtween evidnce and proof and I structure my arguments accordingly.

Thank you,

And I believe the standards to which I ascribe apply to me and primarily to me. I don't recall that I have outright told someone they are wrong, I may be mistaken.

Grace & Peace

LT

Guest shiloh357

Thank you,

And I believe the standards to which I ascribe apply to me and primarily to me. I don't recall that I have outright told someone they are wrong, I may be mistaken.

Grace & Peace

LT

Standards of proof are not arbitrary, but rather, are universal. No one gets to decide on their own which standard applies to them or not. It doesn't work that way.

If someone is wrong, you can tell them they are wrong. Why not?? We recently had a person on the boards arguing that the Bible was upside down and that God is actually the villain and that Satan is the one who is best for the world and is the one we should be looking to for truth.

Was it wrong for me to tell him he was wrong and then proceed to tell him why he was wrong??? Not all opinions are equal, larryt

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  66
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I see proof that God is real because of the world he made. Not the Hollywood and Lustful side of the world but the creation side of the world. I don't buy evolution! And that's a fact.