WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.49
  • Content Count:  44,083
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

The crowds of happy people lighting joints under Seattle's Space Needle early Thursday morning with nary a police officer in sight bespoke the new reality: Marijuana is legal under Washington state law.

http://www.worthynews.com/top/foxnews-com-us-2012-12-06-pot-smokers-celebrate-in-streets-as-wash-state-legalizes-marijuana-print/

Guest shiloh357

The Denny's in my town is the local hangout for skin heads, pot smokers, gang bangers and some other pretty rough folks like bikers and such. I thought it was just a local thing. Is this true of other Denny's as well?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  8

It was on the early news on t.v. about this.

People were parting.

An ounce they can have on them ? huh...where is the rest stashed ? :P

America has gone to pots anyway . With all the law changes, etc.

But, at least I still have my freedom of... choice.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  602
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

People were parting.

But don't you know, you are being "intolerant" if you don't agree with them and their choices!

And yes, dennys here in wa is the local pot head hangout too.

Guest shiloh357

Those who defend the legalizatin of pot argue that it is really no different than the risks that alcohol poses. They have sought to draw all kinds of parallels under the premise that one cannot approve of legalization of alcohol, but be against the legalization MJ without being hypocrictical and internally inconsisitent.

But let's assume for a moment that argument holds true. You can't drive any better under the influence of pot anymore than under the influence of alcohol. So how much do the odds of being killed by someone driving with impaired judgment increase against us?? I mean it will soon be twice as much of a threat now that we are evidently on a path to legalization of MJ. And as if it isn't already bad enough that we have minors who know how to get access to booze, how much worse will it get now that they will be able to get their hands on both?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  8

People were parting.

But don't you know, you are being "intolerant" if you don't agree with them and their choices!

And yes, dennys here in wa is the local pot head hangout too.

Just as long as they don't blow their smoke in my face.

I know what you mean...

and now we have to put up with the pot heads on the streets...like grocery stores , etc.

What else ?

Guest shiloh357

Those who defend the legalizatin of pot argue that it is really no different than the risks that alcohol poses. They have sought to draw all kinds of parallels under the premise that one cannot approve of legalization of alcohol, but be against the legalization MJ without being hypocrictical and internally inconsisitent.

But let's assume for a moment that argument holds true. You can't drive any better under the influence of pot anymore than under the influence of alcohol. So how much do the odds of being killed by someone driving with impaired judgment increase against us?? I mean it will soon be twice as much of a threat now that we are evidently on a path to legalization of MJ. And as if it isn't already bad enough that we have minors who know how to get access to booze, how much worse will it get now that they will be able to get their hands on both?

This is assuming people were not driving while high already. It being legal doesnt change much at all. The major thing that changes are arrests, and people getting prison time for weed. The other aspects are not proven. I can tell you from first hand experience that alcohol and weed are two different things when it comes to being under the influence.

In what way does MJ impair your driving ability, reaction time, etc. compared to alcohol?

Guest shiloh357

I am not really for pot being legalized, but I have not really heard a good argument not to do so. If it is possible to be neutral on such a topic that is me, I would not vote for it but I would not fight against it either.

There are those that would be more than happy to take away my right to have a nice cold beer with my dinner or while reading at night. Are they any different than those fighting against pot?

I think the difference is that you can drink without getting drunk. People drink in moderation and never get drunk all of the time. Wine with dinner, and so on.

But people don't smoke pot for nothing to happen. No one engages in it just to have a smoke in the evening. They are smoking to get the high. There is no point to it if you don't get the mind altering effects. My question is how those mind altering effects impair judgement and reaction time on the road.

Guest shiloh357

In what way does MJ impair your driving ability, reaction time, etc. compared to alcohol?

Well, let me say that I have never driven drunk. Was too scared, because I knew my vision was totally different,and my functions were not great. When I used to smoke I would drive. My reactions and driving ability were not hindered the slightest. That is my experience though.

Yeah, but when you are under the influence you don't know how impaired you are. Its the people who look at you that can tell you are high or drunk. So you may have not gotten caught, but that doesn't mean your reactions were not impaired. Some people do manage to beat the odds...