WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  8

I agree that alcohol is worse for the body than marijuana, but I find it interesting how often that non sequitur arguement is used to defend pot. Why does it matter that marijuana is "better" than some other drug, when both are drugs and both are harmful to the body?

I have failed to find a real scientific study that has shown marijuana is harmful to the body

This is todays' news report about pot... put in brownies and the effects on the people that ate it..in a school in Colorado..

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/09/15797353-police-2-university-of-colorado-students-arrested-for-feeding-pot-brownies-to-classmates-professor?lite&ocid=msnhp&pos=4

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

There are a lot of things that are legal that God would not have us partake in. If we follow His will in our lives, being legal or not will never matter.

Guest shiloh357

I am not really for pot being legalized, but I have not really heard a good argument not to do so. If it is possible to be neutral on such a topic that is me, I would not vote for it but I would not fight against it either.

There are those that would be more than happy to take away my right to have a nice cold beer with my dinner or while reading at night. Are they any different than those fighting against pot?

I think the difference is that you can drink without getting drunk. People drink in moderation and never get drunk all of the time. Wine with dinner, and so on.

But people don't smoke pot for nothing to happen. No one engages in it just to have a smoke in the evening. They are smoking to get the high. There is no point to it if you don't get the mind altering effects. My question is how those mind altering effects impair judgeement and reaction time on the road.

www.nor

this shouldn't be made into an argument about driving when high, because the law still say even though you can smoke it you still can't be driving under the influence. it will be treated the same way that alcohol is. I'm a medical user myself and i can say from personal experience that alcohol is worse for the body than marijuana if you want more information check this out www.norml.org

this plant has many medical uses and you can't say that about alcohol.

All of that misses the point. The point is that the effect of driving impaired is the same when drunk or high. They both slow your reaction time. If you are driving down a street and someone crosses the street and you just keep going because it takes longer for the message to slow down is received, you end up killing someone. That's the point. It's not an argument about which is healthier or better for you. Both impair judgement and no one smokes recreational MJ not to get high. People with impaired judgment think they are just fine and drive home alright. They end up killing themselves or someone else. What we don't need is one driving drunk and some other guy driving high and innocent people now having to dodge both.

I agree that is why people who choose to smoke marijuana for not get behind the wheel same applies for those who drink alcohol.

But they will, just like people who drink alcohol. That's the point. People killed by drunk drivers all of the time. Thousands of them. Now, in addition to drunk drivers behind the wheel, we now also have to deal with potheads getting high and then getting behind the wheel. The streets just got more dangerous thanks to the liberal stupification of our society once again.

Once again, you are under the assumption that people are not driving high already. I can say this with confidence, that at least 30% of drivers are probably driving high.

No I'm not. What I am saying is that in legalizing it we are enabling to occur more often than it already does. It can probably proven that MJ is less harmful on the body than nicotene or even alcohol, but that is not a cogent argument against the judgment impairment that it causes. More people behind the wheel under the influence of MJ is just as deadly as alcohol.

Guest shiloh357

No I'm not. What I am saying is that in legalizing it we are enabling to occur more often than it already does. It can probably proven that MJ is less harmful on the body than nicotene or even alcohol, but that is not a cogent argument against the judgment impairment that it causes. More people behind the wheel under the influence of MJ is just as deadly as alcohol.

You are still assuming a few things. You think that legality has stopped people from driving while under the influence of MJ. Also, it is an assumption that people under the influence of MJ are just as deadly as alcohol. While I do hope that people do what they do responsibility, we can't just start saying things that are not factual. We have the stats on alcohol, do we have such stats on MJ?

I think it has deterred some who don't have the nerve to violate the law. There would probably be more drunk drivers if there weren't such stiff penalties attached. No law can prevent all occurances of any crime. Not even murder or theft are prevented by laws, but they are deterrent.

HOw does one get high responsibly? Getting high or drunk is an irresponsible use of either MJ or acohol. People don't smoke MJ to not get high. They smoke it for the mind altering effects that it gives. Those mind altering effects blur judgment and clear thinking.

People can drink without getting drunk. People drink often not get drunk but simply as a social convention never intending to lose control of their mental faculties. MJ is different. No one smokes it for nothing to happen. You have to smoke more and more to get that high that you got with smaller amounts before.

If people who are on high on MJ are not just as deadly behind the wheel, why can you get arrested for a DUI for it?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,384
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/22/1996

I agree that alcohol is worse for the body than marijuana, but I find it interesting how often that non sequitur arguement is used to defend pot. Why does it matter that marijuana is "better" than some other drug, when both are drugs and both are harmful to the body?

I have failed to find a real scientific study that has shown marijuana is harmful to the body

By "real", I take it you mean someone that is a user of marijuana? There are tons of scientific studies that show that it is harmful, but they are not even necessary. Because everyone who has been a habitual pot smoker, or knows one, knows what a stoner looks and acts like. You can pick them out from a mile away.

please show me some double blind scientific studies that show me marijuana is harmful. please think about what you say before you speak. what you said about stoners is completely stereotypical and racist, there are all kinds of people that smoke marijuana responibly and you wouldn't even suspect they smoke.

I'm not sure about neurologically and psychologically the effects about marijuana, but I know it is a defeater for spirituality. It sets up a barrier between you and God; taking the appeal of the given drug over the love and faithfulness of the LORD, replacing the foundation of HIM with your own desires and what you think makes you "feel good." 1 John 2:15-17 "Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride in possessions—is not from the Father but is from the world. And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever."

I think that the legalization and use of cannabis is both morally wrong and useless, what good is it other than to escape your life and be put in a limbo? It doesn't fix anything nor make anything better; take upon the Lord and let HIm fix and guide you,

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  2

I wonder what purpose it [marijuana] serves? God made it for a reason right? Maybe it helps animals during labor or somthing.

Rope.

:whistling:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  443
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

This is todays' news report about pot... put in brownies and the effects on the people that ate it..in a school in Colorado..

http://usnews.nbcnew...cid=msnhp&pos=4

that was the case and which people were given marijuana without their knowing and that is a wicked thing to do I agree but that is also a poor argument to use, saying that since some people used it irresponsibly then everyone will.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  443
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

By "real", I take it you mean someone that is a user of marijuana? There are tons of scientific studies that show that it is harmful, but they are not even necessary. Because everyone who has been a habitual pot smoker, or knows one, knows what a stoner looks and acts like. You can pick them out from a mile away.

please show me some double blind scientific studies that show me marijuana is harmful. please think about what you say before you speak. what you said about stoners is completely stereotypical and racist, there are all kinds of people that smoke marijuana responibly and you wouldn't even suspect they smoke.

I'm not sure about neurologically and psychologically the effects about marijuana, but I know it is a defeater for spirituality. It sets up a barrier between you and God; taking the appeal of the given drug over the love and faithfulness of the LORD, replacing the foundation of HIM with your own desires and what you think makes you "feel good." 1 John 2:15-17 "Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride in possessions—is not from the Father but is from the world. And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever."

I think that the legalization and use of cannabis is both morally wrong and useless, what good is it other than to escape your life and be put in a limbo? It doesn't fix anything nor make anything better; take upon the Lord and let HIm fix and guide you,

I am a medical marijuana user would you deny that marijuana has any medical benefits? the marijuana that I use replaces many other medicines that have bad side effects.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  8

I have glaucoma bad. If I were to use marijuna for the eye pain.. I would be stoned all the time. It numbs the brain so a person doesn't feel the pain.

As I said...It has an intoxification effect on the brain and the body loses its mobility ...feeling weighted down...and time seems to be, slow-motion.

Alcohol doesn't have the same effect as pot does on the brain.

So...now we have to watch out for ..those under the influence of marijuna and alcohol, driving on the road.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,384
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  02/22/1996

I am a medical marijuana user would you deny that marijuana has any medical benefits? the marijuana that I use replaces many other medicines that have bad side effects.

Medical benefits? No, I only see marijuana as an numbing agent; nothing to the extrordinary or beneficial to it in my eyes, or from what I have read about it. If that is what works for you; more power to you. It is not something I would personally recommend though for the reason, biblically it blinds the spirit.

I am going to go out on a whim here and guess that you use medical marijuana for that; an numbing agent? (for pain) And I am sure that is tough, I am not your judge nor am I going to place such a thing upon you for that is not my place. All I can tell you is what the bible says and let you go from there, allow the spirit to guide you because there is nothing I can change, only God willing. The biggest issue I have with marijuana is not the physicalities of it and what it brings forth on the body, but on a spiritual level. Take this verse for example 1 Peter 4:1-7 "Therefore, since Christ suffered for us[a] in the flesh, arm yourselves also with the same mind, for he who has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin, 2 that he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh for the lusts of men, but for the will of God. 3 For we have spent enough of our past lifetime[b] in doing the will of the Gentiles—when we walked in lewdness, lusts, drunkenness, revelries, drinking parties, and abominable idolatries. 4 In regard to these, they think it strange that you do not run with them in the same flood of dissipation, speaking evil of you. 5 They will give an account to Him who is ready to judge the living and the dead. 6 For this reason the gospel was preached also to those who are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit." 7But the end of all things is at hand; therefore be serious and watchful in your prayers.