Tinky

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  158
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

I had never heard of the Alliance of Confessing Evangelicals but seeing as how they are mentioned I looked up their view and here is an answer to the question about Lordship salvation that I found: Is the Alliance for or against Lordship Salvation?

0,,1539944,00.gif I think I may confidently state that there is no one affiliated with the Alliance of Confessing Evangelicals who takes a stand against the basic ideas of lordship salvation. That is, we firmly assert that one must have Jesus as Lord in order to have Him as Savior. The New Testament could not possibly be clearer on this matter -- see Luke 9:23-24, Ephesians 2:10, Romans 8:3-4, just for starters. We are saved by grace alone through faith alone apart from works. But we are saved to do good works, so that a professing believer who bears no fruit has no biblical grounds to hope for salvation. "We are saved by faith alone, but the faith that saves never is alone." Here is how we properly relate Paul's teaching on justification and James' teaching. Paul insists that works are joined to faith but not to justification. That is, to summarize Galatians, “Now it is evident that no one is justified before God by the law, for ‘The righteous shall live by faith’” (Gal. 3:11), and “In Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith working through love” (Gal. 5:6). Faith in Christ alone justifies, but that faith works through love. Therefore, while Paul asserts that we are justified by a living faith alone, James denies that we are justified by a dead faith. Paul's affirmation and James' denial go hand in hand to present justification by faith alone, which faith always works.

Personally as I have stated before, I would whole heartily agree with what this answer states, for what that's worth. I only post it to maybe show what is being talked about on the subject of Lordship salvation from my viewpoint and others who might use this as a guide line. Because when I posted what I said in my other post I had never read this but reading it one can see my understanding walks hand in hand with this answer.

Edited by allofgrace

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

I love the answers! So much food for thought! :thumbsup::heart:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I think it means both, you change your mind about your sin, and Christ.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,069
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I'm looking for opinions about this issue, please.

What is your belief on repentance? Is it:

1. Simply to change one's mind

2. Turning from sin

If it's #2, is that considered a "work?"

And: In your opinion, is "Lordship Salvation" Biblical?

Thanks in advance!

Blessings :heart:

Jas 4:13-17

13 Come now, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, spend a year there,

buy and sell, and make a profit"; 14 whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is

your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away. 15 Instead you ought

to say, "If the Lord wills, we shall live and do this or that." 16 But now you boast in your arrogance. All

such boasting is evil.

17 Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin.

NKJV

1 Co 6:19-20

19 Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from

God, and you are not your own? 20 For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and

in your spirit, which are God's.

NKJV

It is inherited from new birth... we understand His Word and we see it is the only way to remain in the light

as He is There... plus the rubber hitting the road

Jn 6:68-69

68 But Simon Peter answered Him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. 69 Also

we have come to believe and know that You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."

NKJV

Love, Steven

• 3 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

I'm looking for opinions about this issue, please.

What is your belief on repentance? Is it:

1. Simply to change one's mind

2. Turning from sin

If it's #2, is that considered a "work?"

And: In your opinion, is "Lordship Salvation" Biblical?

Thanks in advance!

Blessings :heart:

1 John 1:1 (KJV)

1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;

John 1:1 (KJV)

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

1 John 1:2 (KJV)

2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)

John 1:2 (KJV)

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

1 John 1:3 (KJV)

3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 1:1-2 (KJV)

1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

1 John 1:4 (KJV)

4 And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.

Ephesians 3:2-4 (KJV)

2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

1 John 1:5 (KJV)

5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

John 1:4-5 (KJV)

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

1 John 1:6 (KJV)

6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

John 1:6-13 (KJV)

6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

1 John 1:7 (KJV)

7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

1 John 1:8 (KJV)

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

Isaiah 64:6 (KJV)

6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

Romans 3:23 (KJV)

23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 7:14-25 (KJV)

14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

1 John 1:9 (KJV)

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1 John 1:10 (KJV)

10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

• Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.03

1 John 2:1-6 (KJV)

1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

Guest Intojoy

Salvation is by grace alone thru faith alone in Christ alone plus nothing. Repentance only becomes a false addition to salvation if it is used outside of the context of saving faith. In the context of the gospel, repentance is a synonym for faith otherwise it is absolutely a work that God would be obligated to respond to. When God did His work of election (to salvation), He chose not on the basis of our individual faith but rather elected us purely through the out working of His Grace.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32

The most renown proponents of Lordship Salvation is Ray Comfort and Kirk Cameron whom say that you must repent and make Jesus Lord as part of salvation

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

The most renown proponents of Lordship Salvation is Ray Comfort and Kirk Cameron whom say that you must repent and make Jesus Lord as part of salvation

It is God who made Jesus Lord and Christ.

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

We may simply confess this reality unto others.

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

A confession that shows itself true by our works.

2Ti 2:12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with [him]: if we deny [him], he also will deny us:

2Ti 2:13 If we believe not, [yet] he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

Tts 1:16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny [him], being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

Is Jesus Lord? If not God is a liar. Does one have to acknowledge Jesus' Lordship to be saved? If not God is a liar. Let God be true and every man a liar. Jesus is Lord over all and he gives eternal life to all who obey him according to Heb 5:9. Deny him his lordship and he shall deny you. The only ones who have a problem with this are they who do not love the truth. Why would you not want Jesus as your Lord? Because you can't continue on as a liar, thief, cheat and a con? Because you can't be a drunkard, homosexual or any other thing that is contrary to the truth of God? Let it be known this day that Jesus is Lord over all and is the light of the world. Receive the light and walk in the light. Purify your heart before him.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32

It is God who made Jesus Lord and Christ.

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

We may simply confess this reality unto others.

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

A confession that shows itself true by our works.

2Ti 2:12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with [him]: if we deny [him], he also will deny us:

2Ti 2:13 If we believe not, [yet] he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

Tts 1:16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny [him], being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

Is Jesus Lord? If not God is a liar. Does one have to acknowledge Jesus' Lordship to be saved? If not God is a liar. Let God be true and every man a liar. Jesus is Lord over all and he gives eternal life to all who obey him according to Heb 5:9. Deny him his lordship and he shall deny you. The only ones who have a problem with this are they who do not love the truth. Why would you not want Jesus as your Lord? Because you can't continue on as a liar, thief, cheat and a con? Because you can't be a drunkard, homosexual or any other thing that is contrary to the truth of God? Let it be known this day that Jesus is Lord over all and is the light of the world. Receive the light and walk in the light. Purify your heart before him.

Of course Jesus is Lord and he has a name above all names. You missed what I was saying.