• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hello,

I like it when I read what's good for my brain each day. I have read the bible from cover to cover only once. The other times I've read it when I need references. More of PBL(Problem base learning). I really don't feel very satisfied with that. I want some more!

How can I get the bible frozen on my finger tips? I would also love to find good news.

Any way around?

I would be happy to hear from you. I trust I'll get to recognize the Lord's voice when I get used to his word.

Regards,

Simon.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.82
  • Days Won:  44

Hello,

I like it when I read what's good for my brain each day. I have read the bible from cover to cover only once. The other times I've read it when I need references. More of PBL(Problem base learning). I really don't feel very satisfied with that. I want some more!

How can I get the bible frozen on my finger tips? I would also love to find good news.

Any way around?

I would be happy to hear from you. I trust I'll get to recognize the Lord's voice when I get used to his word.

Regards,

Simon.

What Good News are you looking for Simon? What is your favorite book of the Bible in the Old Testament (OT)? What is you favorite book of the Bible in the New Testament (NT)?

Have you accepted Christ as your Savior and Lord?

How long have you been a Christian?

God bless you brother!

In Christ,

GE

Guest bryanw92

Hello,

Any way around?

Regards,

Simon.

I find good news by reading the Gospels. But, don't just read them. Jesus isn't a literary figure, or an accumulation of fables, or even a historical man. You have to know (know...not believe) that he is Emmanuel, God With Us. Then put yourself in that place in time when God walked among the dirty little people, while the leaders of the day scorned him and tried to find ways to imprison him. He was a mischeivious guy who could walk into a square, rile up a crowd, and then when they decided to hurt him, could disappear. He could show anger. He could be dismayed at people's spiritual blindness. Yet he kept walking and spreading his good news.

I get sad that he travelled and taught, and preached and worked miracles for 3 years, yet we only have such a {{{ Edited out word. }}} small set of books to know his works by. But, this is all we have, so we have to put ourselves in these stories as the object. Be the guy who Jesus is trying to explain the parable to, or the moneychanger who is being chased out fo the temple, or the soldier who recognizes that he really is God. Experience the gospel. Don't just read it.

{{{{ From the WCF ToS: You may not post any material that is disrespectful of God, Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit, or the Bible. }}}

Edited by GoldenEagle
{{{{ From the ToS: You may not post any material that is disrespectful of God, Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit, or the Bible. }}}

Guest shiloh357

Hello,

Any way around?

Regards,

Simon.

A great way to renew your mind in the Scriptures is to get the Bible on CD in whatever version you are comfortable with and can readily understand and let it play in your house, your car, whereever. Good biblically shound music and books are very helpful in renewing your mind. I listen to preachers online; Billy Graham, Adrian Rogers, David Jeremiah, Charles Stanley, W A Criswell, Jack Graham (Prestonwood Baptist Church in Plano TX) are just a few of biblically sound men that I have received some really good instruction from.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,789
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

To use the advantage of His Word in the doing... God enjoys testifying of Himself through obedience!

Lk 6:27-31

27 "But I say to you who hear: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who

curse you, and pray for those who spitefully use you. 29 To him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer

the other also. And from him who takes away your cloak, do not withhold your tunic either. 30 Give to

everyone who asks of you. And from him who takes away your goods do not ask them back. 31 And just

as you want men to do to you, you also do to them likewise.

NKJV

I have found no greater evidence of His Holy Spirit when I engage in this obedience... I have seen His Love

extend past my obedience and render the hate without reason- as clearly as those around could see the

truth of the Living Word

Jn 15:18-25

18 "If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. 19 If you were of the world, the world

would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world

hates you. 20 Remember the word that I said to you, 'A servant is not greater than his master.' If they persecuted

Me, they will also persecute you. If they kept My word, they will keep yours also. 21 But all these things they will

do to you for My name's sake, because they do not know Him who sent Me. 22 If I had not come and spoken to them,

they would have no sin, but now they have no excuse for their sin. 23 He who hates Me hates My Father also.

24 If I had not done among them the works which no one else did, they would have no sin; but now they have seen

and also hated both Me and My Father. 25 But this happened that the word might be fulfilled which is written in their

law, 'They hated Me without a cause.'

NKJV

as there is no other way around this but through it ... the Lord opens the reality of His closeness to strengthen

those here and allow them the joy even amidst the sorrows! It is when all this life is set aside for the promise of

the Life to be-> we naturally become closer to Him for that 'IS' where He desires for us to be!

Jn 14:2-4

2 In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you

may be also. 4 And where I go you know, and the way you know."

NKJV

Jn 17:24-26

24 "Father, I desire that they also whom You gave Me may be with Me where I am, that they may behold My glory

which You have given Me; for You loved Me before the foundation of the world. 25 O righteous Father! The world

has not known You, but I have known You; and these have known that You sent Me. 26 And I have declared to them

Your name, and will declare it, that the love with which You loved Me may be in them, and I in them."

NKJV

Love, Steven

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.82
  • Days Won:  44

But, this is all we have, so we have to put ourselves in these stories as the object. Be the guy who Jesus is trying to explain the parable to, or the moneychanger who is being chased out fo the temple, or the soldier who recognizes that he really is God. Experience the gospel. Don't just read it.

Interesting thoughts. Are we really to put ourselves in the stories as the object of the stories? What is the purpose of the Bible?

The Bible is the sufficient Word of God would you agree?

God bless,

GE

Guest bryanw92

But, this is all we have, so we have to put ourselves in these stories as the object. Be the guy who Jesus is trying to explain the parable to, or the moneychanger who is being chased out fo the temple, or the soldier who recognizes that he really is God. Experience the gospel. Don't just read it.

Interesting thoughts. Are we really to put ourselves in the stories as the object of the stories? What is the purpose of the Bible?

The Bible is the sufficient Word of God would you agree?

God bless,

GE

The purpose of the bible is to deliver the Word of God since we couldn't be there to live it first-hand. If you can increase the value of your experience by making it personal, then you are absorbing that Word better. This is why we have music in worship services. It is the reason for most liturgies and traditions. Your relationship with God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit is a personal one, right? If you read the bible as a third-person observer, much as you would a newspaper, then the bible is not sufficient. Until you learn to make it personal, it is just a book. We aren't muslims who consider a collection of pages and bindings to be a holy object. The bible isn't really holy until it is holy inside you. I can't believe that you would be so hidebound that you would criticize any methods to make reading the Word more personal.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  438
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,947
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  04/18/1949

Romans 12:1-3 NASB Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect. 3 For through the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think more highly of himself than he ought to think; but to think so as to have sound judgment, as God has allotted to each a measure of faith.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Here is EXACTLY how to 'renew your mind."

THINK ON THESE THINGS!!!! Philippians 4:8

You WILL become whatever you fill you mind with.

Guest bryanw92

Here is EXACTLY how to 'renew your mind."

THINK ON THESE THINGS!!!! Philippians 4:8

You WILL become whatever you fill you mind with.

Its better to do the whole verse and the following one:

8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.