Simon Peter

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hi Simon. I just wanted to add my experience should it be of any help to you. I was having trouble with the reading of my Bible and the renewing of my mind until I put all of my trust into the Lord.

[5] Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; [6] In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths. [7] Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the LORD and depart from evil. - Pro 3:5-7 NKJV

When I read scripture that I couldn't understand or that caused me confusion or concern, I didn't try to make it make sense by my own understanding. I told God plainly that I didn't understand or was confused about Him and asked Him to help me. It was tough in that I had to let go of my old mind in thinking I was wise in my own eyes. When I read something that seems to be a conflict I no longer struggled or doubted but confessed that God's Word is true and that it was my own mind that was in confusion or conflict and trusted that as He taught me, I would understand. That is exactly what He has done for me. Now, I pray and ask that I will have the ears to hear and for Him to open my eyes and my heart and to fill me with His Spirit and help me to learn and understand. I also ask Him to make my heart clean and to renew a right spirit within me.(Psalms 51:10) and I trust in Him to do so. Putting my trust in the Lord, is when I started noticing the renewing of my mind.

Another thing that helps me in my study is to listen to the Bible Chapter audio as I read along with it. This verse always comes to mind...

[17] So then faith [comes] by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. - Rom 10:17 NKJV

It really does help me though to hear it as I read along. Hearing it spoken somehow makes it more personal to me. Another benefit, is it helps me out in the Old Testament when dealing with names and pronunciations that trip me up if I'm reading on my own.

God bless you Simon.

Thank you JeannieC. You the the nth (where n > 1) person sounding the same words in 'my ears'. I have to keep trust in the Lord about this.

God bless everyone here for the support I have received.

Guest Royal Heir

Dear All,

Renewing the mind is feeding on teachings that unveil the Word of God who is my Lord Christ Jesus. Jesus said that it is possible to read the scriptures and miss the Word of God. I do believe this is the reason for the different teachings/doctrines in the body of Christ. The time is coming when all in the body of christ- the church will come to the oneness of the knowledge and that has already begun.

Therefore when I read the word, I always look for Jesus Christ.

Amen

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Oh yeah, thats true. Thank you Royal Heir.

We spoke about the same while attending a fellowship yesterday. Brethren implored me to contemplate the word of God. I could start with any portion of scripture. This is very good during 'quiet time' devotions.

GBU all.

Edited by Simon Peter