• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,676
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Good, that was an excellent case of intentially lousy reporting and made the chancws of him getting a fair trial slim

Good, that was an excellent case of intentionally lousy reporting and made the chances of him getting a fair trial slim

I'll add that even if he's found innocent his life is pretty much wrecked anyway after what the media pulled. I hope he wins a huge enough award that it hits the network in the only place they care about: the wallet.

I think the media needs to be held to account for deliberate false reporting. Who will do this aside from the court of litigation ?

I hope he doesnt win anything. While I do agree that the media did a terrible job, and wanted to make this into a race war, I still believe that it is due to his foolish acts that Martin is dead.

It doesnt matter if he was guilty, two wrongs dont make a right. What the media did is wrong, and he is an american and garenteed a fair trial-which now is next to impossible to do. And what if your wrong-what if Zimmerman was in the right? now, even if found innocent-like walla said, his life will have that shadow brought over him. Even if Zimmerman was in the wrong, he is still supposed to have a fair trial, and the media twisting the facts like that is wrong. The media needs to be held in account, if zimmerman is guilty, so does he, but its not fair to judge a man from someone elses wrong actions-which is what a good portion of America, has been doing. Judgement based on a lie, which is what the media did-distorting the truth is a lie-is not a fair judgement, Zimmerman needs a fair trial, not one where the jury is made up of people who are going in already biased against the guy thanks to the media. If you were in his shoes, you wouldnt like it either.

so, just because other americans dont get a fair trial, its ok not to give him one? thats pretty cold hearted. Im sorry, but just because other americans didnt get what they deserved doesnt make it right for him not to-if two wrongs dont make a right, neither do 3.

because, because of that horrible media story, that left out half the facts, (like the fact that he did show signs of being attacked) and twisted the ones they did post. It created so much controversey, that by now, everyone, like you, is already biased for, or against Zimmerman, and it would be hard to find a jury that isnt biased one way or the other. A jury, preferably, is made up of people that have no prior knowledge of the person being accused-that way, it helps remove biases, because biases cloud judgement. In this case, finding a group of such people is next to impossible-if the jury is made up of people who already think hes guilty, then they will go in thinking hes guilty, and even if he is innocent, the jury view is going to be very biased against him, and could very well end up sending a innocent man to prison.

The reverse is also true, if the jury is all biased in thinking hes innocent, then again they will go in with a tainted view-and hes actually guilty, then theres the risk of letting a guilty man free.

The only way to really "ensure" a fair trial right now is to try and split it down the middle-find half the jury who is biased against, and half who is biased for. The problem with that is it could end in a deadlock and create a mess, so no matter the outcome, a biased jury isnt justice, I dont care which way its biased for. Even if the jury goes in biased that hes guilty, and he actually is guilty, its still not justice-because they will send him to jail not because of the evidence or what he actually did, but because they are biased, which isnt justice.

Guest shiloh357

The media slandared Zimmerman and purposesly tried to paint it has a race incident before any evidence was in, and one person tried to doctor the 911 recording to that end. NBC should have book thrown at them. What they did was essentially slander and libel. Martin wasn't some innocent black kid skipping down the street eating skittles and it was Martin who started the brawl.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

I would ask you, how do you know who started the fight?

With one of the two parties dead, we'll never know for sure. One has to judge simply on the credibility of Zimmerman's testimony.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  19

I heard that Martin was just jogging through a Gated Community for exercise just like alot of folks do. I mean sure, he was wearing a dark colored hoodie, there had been previous break-ins in the community, and he was acting suspiciously. What's that supposed to mean anyway? Of course Zimmerman is guilty and a racist. I mean, it wasn't like he was hired as a Security Officer for the community or anything like that. Afterall, he did make a big deal out of Martins race when he reported the incident, :44: as was required by law. He deserves not only a broken nose, a huge gash to his head, and a threat to his life, but also to lose his livelyhood and reputration for the rest of his life, as well as, to be summarily jailed. :duh::doh::crosseyed:

In fact, forget the law! We need Social Justice and we need it now! I am my brothers Savior!