• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

I would ask you, how do you know who started the fight?

With one of the two parties dead, we'll never know for sure. One has to judge simply on the credibility of Zimmerman's testimony.

This is very true. When judging the credibility of Zimmerman's testimony, does that mean that one must also judge the credibility of Zimmerman?

Could you be a bit more specific?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

I would ask you, how do you know who started the fight?

With one of the two parties dead, we'll never know for sure. One has to judge simply on the credibility of Zimmerman's testimony.

This is very true. When judging the credibility of Zimmerman's testimony, does that mean that one must also judge the credibility of Zimmerman?

Could you be a bit more specific?

In your opinion, are Zimmerman's actions both before and after the event but not tied directly to that night fair game in determining his credibility

How much before? That's like saying if he told a lie when he was 10 years old, it means he's lying now.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,673
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

no im not making the same assumption, nor am I saying who was in the right. Im saying, the media took it, left off half the facts, and twisted the ones left to make Zimmerman to look like this big, racial murderer who killed martin just because he was black. Add into that the lousy police investigation, and it turns into a mess. Im saying, regardless of whether or not zimmerman was guilty or not, the media has turned it into such a fiasco it would be difficult for Zimmerman to get a fair trial, regardless, and that thats not right-the media, in all their stupidity, has pretty much trampled over Zimmermans rights, which are he is innocent until proven guilty, and he has a right to a fair trial by a jury of his peers.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  19

I heard that Martin was just jogging through a Gated Community for exercise just like alot of folks do. I mean sure, he was wearing a dark colored hoodie, there had been previous break-ins in the community, and he was acting suspiciously. What's that supposed to mean anyway? Of course Zimmerman is guilty and a racist. I mean, it wasn't like he was hired as a Security Officer for the community or anything like that. Afterall, he did make a big deal out of Martins race when he reported the incident, :44: as was required by law. He deserves not only a broken nose, a huge gash to his head, and a threat to his life, but also to lose his livelyhood and reputration for the rest of his life, as well as, to be summarily jailed. :duh::doh::crosseyed:

In fact, forget the law! We need Social Justice and we need it now! I am my brothers Savior!

Eh...what is this about. You do realize that Martin had every right to be there because his fathers girlfriend lived there right? Or have you overlooked that fact?

I personally think Zimmerman should hang. He's obviously a racist pig. :whistling:

however, the sarcasm brings outa good point-yes martin had a right to be there, however, zimmerman-didnt know this, point 1. Point 2, martin, did have a history of drugs and violence. Point 3, zimmerman, had a right to be there as well. Point 4, zimmerman was assaulted-the evidence does point to that. Now, we dont know he was assaulted first, but the fact is zimmerman HAD a gun, if he just wanted to shoot the guy, then there would have been no evidence of zimmerman being attacked-no scrapes along the back of the head.

Now, its night, martin was not dressed like most people of the neighborhood, and was by all reports-acting a little suspicious, so its very possible that Zimmerman actually thought he was up to no good. The argument isnt who had a right to be there, but who threw the first punch-which, even without the medias intervention is hard to say because the police did such a lousy investigation (which just fueled the controversey) they didnt even confiscate the gun-which is rule number one ANY time theres a shooting, regardless of the situation.

My honest opinion, Zimmerman was out doing his neighborhood watch thing-and was a little zealous, and saw this guy acting suspicious and started following him. Martin, especially with his past, saw he was being followed, got jumpy and started trying to evade not knowing who zimmerman was. Then zimmerman called the cops-not a bad thing, thats what your supposed to do if you feel somethings up, but then he made the mistake of getting out of the car. If he hadnt, and let the cops deal with it, this wouldnt of happened-the cops wouldve dealt with it, but instead he chose to be over zealous, and get out of the car-and martin, already paranoid thinks zimmermans after him, but instead of calling the police himself, assaults him, which leads to him being shot. That is my personal opinion from what Ive seen, I dont know all the evidence, Im sure it hasnt all been released, and in the end thats what the judge and jury will decide. That is my opinion, in any case. Im not convinced either one had it in for the other, it was a combination of zimmerman being overzealous and martin being overly paranoid.

Point 1 is valid. If your driving home, and you see a strange man you dont know-dressed like a ganster, especially in an area where you don't see many people dressed like that, it could very well be suspicious. I agree, he should have just called the cops and stayed back-the cops could then come in, and check the guys ID and story, and if hes got a right to be there, no harm done, if he is up to something wrong then again, the cops can handle it. We can both agree, Zimmerman should have never gotten out of the car. Call the cops, and let them deal with it-thats not a violation of anyones rights, and it is playing safe, thats what the police are there for.

Point 2 it does matter because it goes to frame of mind. A honest person with no criminal history, when seeing someone follow them will flee the scene, and call the cops. Someone with a criminal past, often hate cops, and prefer to handle situations themselves, even if they arnt doing anything wrong that day. This guy did initially try to shake zimmerman-which could have raised zimmermans suspicions, but then chose to confront zimmerman when he got out of the car. If he had tried to flee, and zimmerman did want to kill him, then martin would have been shot in the back and there would be no scrapes or bruises, and if zimmerman was honest and he tried to flee, we wouldnt be having this discussion. Its pretty apparent, that martin would rather confront danger himself then do what the average citizen would do, and call the cops, its a pretty common mindset among people with his criminal history-I used to work in a correctional center, I know a lot of people like that. Im not necessarily judging him-but it is a general mindset, they think the cops are all out to get them.

excuse me, but point 3 is valid-this is a free country, if martin had a right to be there, then so did zimmerman. End of story. This isnt about "gated community" or any of that nonsense. Martin had the right to be there-but so did zimmerman, and zimmerman also had the right to call the cops if he saw anything suspicious, his mistake, was getting out of the car.

Point 4, ive already agreed the police investigation was lousy from the start, those officers should be fired for their lousy investigation. There were scrapes, and signs of a struggle however. So this wasnt just a zimmerman jump out and kill a guy-something more went on. I still hold to my theory that it was a case of a over zealous self appointed neighborhood watchman, who made a few mistakes, combined with a overly paranoid person, that led to a fight, and then a death.

And hoodies may indeed be popular in florida-theyre popular everywhere, but look where he was. Even where I live there are people who wear hoodies-but for example, in downtown you see a lot of them, its pretty common. You see some dude at night with a hoodie in some of our richer neighborhoods however, it looks suspicious-in fact, in the neighborhood by our golf course which is the richest in town-you see anyone walking around at night, it tends to look a little suspicious, it doesnt happen very often. The point is, something about martin aroused suspicion on zimmermans part-because there is no evidence to date that zimmerman knew the guy-and zimmerman, first called the cops-which he had the right to do, and then got out of the car, which was stupid, no matter how you look at it. Even if martin was up to no good, stepping out of the car just puts you in harms way for no good reason-martin wasnt actively threatening anyone at the time.

yes, but your tendency when followed would be to run, and call the cops, I would. the fact that Martin did not call the cops, and instead confronted zimmerman, shows a mistake on his part, following a mistake on zimmermans part. Im not ignoring zimmermans past here at all-It just hasnt come up. and, while your right, a hoodie doesnt make one dressed like a ganster, but often times its associated with it, but your right that it was a poor choice of words on my part, though I like how you ignored the rest of my point on his clothing, that it wasnt necessarily the clothing but the location-like I said, in some parts of town, where I live, you see lots of people with hoodies on at night-no one thinks twice about it, but there are some areas where seeing anyone out walking at night-especially in february, is suspicious-especially if their wearing a hoodie, because theyre higher end neighborhoods, hoodies arnt considered acceptable clothing in the first place, and they dont go out at night to walk-if they go out at night they drive.

The fact is, I think they both screwed up and both made a mistake, which lead to a unfortunate incident that cost martin his life. I honestly dont think there was any animosity there at all. and regardless, I think zimmerman has the right to sue NBC, guilty or not.

I heard that Martin was just jogging through a Gated Community for exercise just like alot of folks do. I mean sure, he was wearing a dark colored hoodie, there had been previous break-ins in the community, and he was acting suspiciously. What's that supposed to mean anyway? Of course Zimmerman is guilty and a racist. I mean, it wasn't like he was hired as a Security Officer for the community or anything like that. Afterall, he did make a big deal out of Martins race when he reported the incident, :44: as was required by law. He deserves not only a broken nose, a huge gash to his head, and a threat to his life, but also to lose his livelyhood and reputration for the rest of his life, as well as, to be summarily jailed. :duh::doh::crosseyed:

In fact, forget the law! We need Social Justice and we need it now! I am my brothers Savior!

Eh...what is this about. You do realize that Martin had every right to be there because his fathers girlfriend lived there right? Or have you overlooked that fact?

I personally think Zimmerman should hang. He's obviously a racist pig. :whistling:

Wow Dave very mature of you. Hope we actually discuss this without the outlandish sarcasm, or am I expecting too much. Once again. You do realize that Martin had every right to be there because his Father's girlfriend lived there right?

Actually, I was demonstrating absurdity by being absurd.

There was thread back when all of this started and the things I posted in my first post that you repsonded to were actually stated there.

I actually believe that you were one of the folks stating that Zimmerman was a murderer before all of the facts were in which kinda puts you in the same boat as NBC.

Feel free to Correct me if I'm wrong though.

however, the sarcasm brings outa good point-yes martin had a right to be there, however, zimmerman-didnt know this, point 1. Point 2, martin, did have a history of drugs and violence. Point 3, zimmerman, had a right to be there as well. Point 4, zimmerman was assaulted-the evidence does point to that. Now, we dont know he was assaulted first, but the fact is zimmerman HAD a gun, if he just wanted to shoot the guy, then there would have been no evidence of zimmerman being attacked-no scrapes along the back of the head.

Now, its night, martin was not dressed like most people of the neighborhood, and was by all reports-acting a little suspicious, so its very possible that Zimmerman actually thought he was up to no good. The argument isnt who had a right to be there, but who threw the first punch-which, even without the medias intervention is hard to say because the police did such a lousy investigation (which just fueled the controversey) they didnt even confiscate the gun-which is rule number one ANY time theres a shooting, regardless of the situation.

My honest opinion, Zimmerman was out doing his neighborhood watch thing-and was a little zealous, and saw this guy acting suspicious and started following him. Martin, especially with his past, saw he was being followed, got jumpy and started trying to evade not knowing who zimmerman was. Then zimmerman called the cops-not a bad thing, thats what your supposed to do if you feel somethings up, but then he made the mistake of getting out of the car. If he hadnt, and let the cops deal with it, this wouldnt of happened-the cops wouldve dealt with it, but instead he chose to be over zealous, and get out of the car-and martin, already paranoid thinks zimmermans after him, but instead of calling the police himself, assaults him, which leads to him being shot. That is my personal opinion from what Ive seen, I dont know all the evidence, Im sure it hasnt all been released, and in the end thats what the judge and jury will decide. That is my opinion, in any case. Im not convinced either one had it in for the other, it was a combination of zimmerman being overzealous and martin being overly paranoid.

Who threw the first punch doesn't matter either. The law stated that Zimmerman has the right to defend himself with deadly force if he felt his life were in danger. Although, it appears from the evidence presented so far that Zimmerman was doing as suggested by the police and returning to his vehicle when he was assaulted.

first off, according to both zimmerman, and eye witness accounts, there was a confrontation. That is an established fact. What is unclear is who is the one who threw the first punch, or whether the confrontation should have even tooken place.

Second off, there was something about martin, that made zimmerman suspicious. There is no evidence that they knew each other previously, so you cant say it was pre-meditated-something, was different about the guy, that made him look suspicious. Often, its not what a persons wearing, its whether its out of place or not. And it was a gated community-and one thing I know about gated communities, whether florida or anywhere else, the people living there A: tend to be on the higher end side of the pay scale, hence why they can AFFORD to live in a gated community, the type of people that would drive places on a cold february night, not walk. B: they also tend to KNOW all their neighbors. So an unknown person, in a gated community, walking at a time most people dont, probably not dressed as upscale as most of the residents, does indeed look suspicious. Now, thats not saying that martin was in the wrong-just that I could see where it would look suspicious, he looked very out of place, whether he had a right to be there or not. Now, dont read me wrong-im not saying that someone had a right to shoot him for it, Im saying he did look suspicious.

Im glad you know high end people wear hoodies, I rarely see someone who makes a good deal of money wear a hoodie. And again, its not necessarily the hoodie-it was the fact it was out of place. And yes zimmerman made a mistake, but to say that martin didnt? thats a lie-martin DID make a mistake, eye witnesses, including his girlfriend prove that he had more then enough time to call 911. He chose not to. Even if Zimmerman is this evil guy everyone thinks he is Martin screwed up when he chose to not call the police. The fact that he didnt run, is proven by the fact there was a confrontation-if zimmerman had gotten out of the car with a gun in his hand, martin would have ran, or surrendered, and he would have either been shot in the back at range trying to flee-or shot execution style in the head. He wasnt, it was a close range to the chest, and eye witnesses report a struggle, both him and zimmerman showed signs of being in a physical match, which all leads to the conclusion there was a physical fight before the gun was drawn and went off. Also, if Zimmerman really had it in for martin, he wouldn't of called the cops first, and he wouldn't have still been there when they arrived.

Fact is, regardless of whether zimmerman was right in shooting martin or not, they were both in the wrong, martin should have bolted and called 911. That would have been the right thing to do, the fact he didnt proves that he messed up right there. FACT.