Start at the Heart

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  169
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  345
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  4

Your heart is going 24 hours a day. It helps to circulate the blood throughout your whole body. The heart is a central organ among the brain. The heart can make the difference of life and death.

Heart is also a word referring to the center or the core of an object a person a thought or of Spiritual understanding.

God judges the minds and our hearts. God want us to obey in our Heart. That of our mind our Body and our Spirit the word heart can refer to all three of them. That in thought in Spirit and in action ones heart thought and made that decision. In Malachi chapter 2 verses 1 and 2 Jesus says to you priest I give you this commandment. If you do not hear if you do not take this to Heart to glorify the name of the Lord Thus says the Lord of the host. I will bring a curse upon you and curse your blessings. But you already are cursed for you have not taken this to Heart.

You see in Malachi chapter one the priests were defiling the altar of God. Their offers were sick and an abomination even to anyone observing such their way of doing this. They were not taking God to Heart. Their thought their spirit and body all from the Heart did evil towards not only God but even the inhabitants of Israel.

And Jesus also says in Matthew cleanliness is not of the outside but those things from the Heart. It can be thought of Murderers, Rapists, Stealing, Lying, and so on.

However the Heart can also be clean doing the things of God. In this case the Spirit the mind Body of the Heart is doing the ways of being a clean person… a lady driving to school for example on a rainy day see a young child without an umbrella. She gives the child a lift to school. This lady’s Heart was in the right place.

What does it take a heart to circulate? A Heart must be softened. It’s the only way blood will go through. If the Heart was hardened blood would stop. We in likewise need to soften in Heart and not have it harden. A harden Heart is greedy, foolish and stubborn. A softened Heart is like an Eagle flying over the water to get to the nest to feed the baby Eagles be as a nesting bird. You are concerned of others even more than just your own. You honestly go out with an honest Heart. You are about helping your house hold both out and at home and this last thing I say on the Heart.

Jesus said Do not worry of the food you eat, the clothes you wear where moths eat rust corrodes and thieves steal. But rather store your treasures in Heaven. Where your Heart is where your treasure will be.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Where your Heart is where your treasure will be. The heart wants what the heart wants, right? So much so, it'll lead us to what it wants more than it would what it needs:

Jeremiah 17:9

The heart is more deceitful than anything else and mortally sick. Who can fathom it?

Why is it sick? Because the human heart is full of sin, and the wage of sin is death:

Genesis 6:5

ADONAI saw that the people on earth were very wicked, that all the imaginings of their hearts were always of evil only.

So how on earth could God ask this of Abram?

Genesis 17:1

When Avram was 99 years old ADONAI appeared to Avram and said to him, “I am El Shaddai [God Almighty]. Walk in my presence and be pure-hearted."

And why would He request this to happen?

Isaiah 6:10

“Make the heart of this people [sluggish with] fat, stop up their ears, and shut their eyes. Otherwise, seeing with their eyes, and hearing with their ears, then understanding with their hearts, they might repent and be healed!”

Seems to make the matter worse, doesn't it? So, what will make it all better?

Psalm 34:19

ADONAI is near those with broken hearts; he saves those whose spirit is crushed.

A broken heart? A crushed spirit? We are so rotten to the core that God literally needs us shattered in order to fix us? Yes. We need to start again:

Psalm 51:12

Create in me a clean heart, God; renew in me a resolute spirit.

Then we can figure out what it is we need and what, or rather who our treasure is:

Luke 10:27

He answered, “You are to love ADONAI your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength and with all your understanding; and your neighbor as yourself.”

It starts with a seed that takes deep root:

Luke 8:15

But what fell in rich soil — these are the ones who, when they hear the message, hold onto it with a good, receptive heart; and by persevering, they bring forth a harvest.

And the fruition and reward and treasure is God's own heart! Don't be a Saul...

1 Samuel 13:14

But as it is, your kingship will not be established. ADONAI has sought for himself a man after his own heart, and ADONAI has appointed him to be prince over his people, because you did not observe what ADONAI ordered you to do.”

Be a David! God said that those who love Him keep His commandments. We should obey Him not only because He's God and He said so (should be good enough, right?) but above all because we love Him. He's not going to twist our arms, we have to desire a right relationship with him.

And that, my friends, is the heart of the matter. Ask yourself, what does YOUR heart beat for?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Very thought provoking. I have to tell you, though, that many time the greek word for heart really means intestines referring to man's

inner most being. We might say guts in a few of those places and be more accurate but usually intestines don't make a lot of sense

to our western minds. But now this is what I think of whenever I hear heart mentioned. Sometimes it is better not knowing.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Very thought provoking. I have to tell you, though, that many time the greek word for heart really means intestines referring to man's

inner most being. We might say guts in a few of those places and be more accurate but usually intestines don't make a lot of sense

to our western minds. But now this is what I think of whenever I hear heart mentioned. Sometimes it is better not knowing.

Willamina, could you give some examples of when intestines is used? I find that very interesting.

The heart is an important topic. Often in the church we come to believe that the heart is only evil. Jeremiah 17:9 (see above) is often recited: "The heart is desperately evil and beyond cure, who can know it?" Yet only two translations use the word evil instead of sick.

What happens when we believe our hearts are only evil? We hate them, ignore them, rebuke them - rather than use them. Sick means we need healing, not evisceration. As Zion notes above, we are to pursue purified hearts.

In John 7:38 KJV and NKJV translate koilia as heart whereas NASB translates it as innermost being, which is more accurate because it refers to the whole stomach, womb, and visceral area.

Strong's number is 2836. Belly might also be used, but its reference is to the deepest part of our being, such as when we say I have a gut feeling about this. It means to come from deep within us.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

In John 7:38 KJV and NKJV translate koilia as heart whereas NASB translates it as innermost being, which is more accurate because it refers to the whole stomach, womb, and visceral area.

Strong's number is 2836. Belly might also be used, but its reference is to the deepest part of our being, such as when we say I have a gut feeling about this. It means to come from deep within us.

That's very interesting. Have you read very much about the enteric nervous system? From what I know, it's supposed to be like a brain of its own in the intestines. Reactions, digestion, etc...

Here's a Scientific American article on it.

Edited by Abishai.Graeff

Thank you for the reference. My cousin died of complications from MS. It is rampant here in the Northwest USA. I took anatomy and phyiology 30 years ago and neurology was not my strongest subject. But they of course didn't breach the subject of visceral neurology in those days. It is especially relevant to those suffering from fibromyalgia. Serotonin raising drugs are about all that controls that pain. Narcotics have no effect.

Sorry that this is off topic.