firestormx

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

2nd, sevenseas, yes, you do know the thread I was referancing in my first post. I know others have tried to, but I think I get what your trying to say. Would you mind trying to explain the difference between new revelation and illumination a little more. How it affects the gifts in operation a little more. Thank you

I think most people are concerned about the gifts being applied falsely or operating from a wrong spirit, at least that is what I seem to get

from reading other posts and I think that is something we all can agree on.

As regards what I posted and your question, I have more time tomorrow to better answer than I do now. I just want to make sure I write in a way

that is easy to understand and with scripture to back it up, so timewise, tomorrow will be better. at any rate, I think you have asked some good questions that are important to ask and to bring up

I just want to add again, that shiloh is giving a good explanation for the meaning of illumination...what people get confused with revelation

or even other things...illumination is what the Holy Spirit does

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

2nd, sevenseas, yes, you do know the thread I was referancing in my first post. I know others have tried to, but I think I get what your trying to say. Would you mind trying to explain the difference between new revelation and illumination a little more. How it affects the gifts in operation a little more. Thank you

I think most people are concerned about the gifts being applied falsely or operating from a wrong spirit, at least that is what I seem to get

from reading other posts and I think that is something we all can agree on.

As regards what I posted and your question, I have more time tomorrow to better answer than I do now. I just want to make sure I write in a way

that is easy to understand and with scripture to back it up, so timewise, tomorrow will be better. at any rate, I think you have asked some good questions that are important to ask and to bring up

I just want to add again, that shiloh is giving a good explanation for the meaning of illumination...what people get confused with revelation

or even other things...illumination is what the Holy Spirit does

Tomorrow then. God bless

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

We don't need other mediators. We need to come to God directly.

And why should I listen to someone else's message when I can go to God directly and hear the truth?

I've heard people using such to claim they don't need to ask anyone to pray for them, nor do they need preachers and teachers.

Is this where you are going with this, or do you mean something else?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  358
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

If we are talking about revelation from the Word of God, then in one sense there is nothing that we can add to or take away from, but if one reads the warning in Revelation, this is stating; that we not change the meaning either add to the meaning or take away from the meaning. But in another sense concerning new revelation, the Word of God is known as the Living Word of God. I get new revelation every time I read it, however that is new for me or my understanding of that Word. now as concerning prophecy, there is two kinds of prophecy, one is dealing with salvation and all that was done since time has began as we know it for salvation.. as example the Book of mormans can't be new revelation, for they claim that it is the complete, and much needed for salvation, for the Holy Bible. is incomplete concerning salvation,(according to the Mormans). so if this is true then all that died before the book of morman came about can't be saved. or/and the book of Mormans can't be of God for it violates the warning in Rev, by adding to the Gospel. now the other type of prophecy, is the type where God was about to destroy the two cities in the old testament, and He said " would He not tell His friend Abraham what He was about to do?" Jesus told the Disciples that He no longer called them servants, but that He called them friends. a prophet is Acts told Paul that if He went back to jerusalem that Paul would be bound and captured, this has nothing to do either add to or take away from salvation, but rather as a warning for the physical being of Paul, If God is the same as yesterday as today and will be tomorrow, then He warned His friends in the Old testament of something bad about to happen, He warned people in the New Testament of bad things about to happen, So we know He did it yesterday and today, we can only figure ( OR KNOW OF A SURETY) That He is still doing it tomorrow.

Act 21:8

And the next day we that were of Paul's company departed, and came unto Caesarea: and we entered into the house of Philip the evangelist, which was one of the seven; and abode with him.

And the same man had four daughters, virgins, which did prophesy.

Act 21:10

And as we tarried there many days, there came down from Judaea a certain prophet, named Agabus

And when he was come unto us, he took Paul's girdle, and bound his own hands and feet, and said, Thus saith the Holy Ghost, So shall the Jews at Jerusalem bind the man that owneth this girdle, and shall deliver him into the hands of the Gentiles.

Edited by His_disciple3

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

1Cr 3:4 For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I [am] of Apollos; are ye not carnal?

We don't need other mediators. We need to come to God directly.

And why should I listen to someone else's message when I can go to God directly and hear the truth?

I've heard people using such to claim they don't need to ask anyone to pray for them, nor do they need preachers and teachers.

Is this where you are going with this, or do you mean something else?

No. I listen to about two dozen pastors or more. I have the Bible and adequate teaching

OK, thanks. I just wanted hat clarified.

that I know better than to look to someone with a dream.

well, that wasn't the question, but since you brought it up -

The Lord spoke to people in dreams before; when did He stop?

1 John 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Quick question: what do you believe "the same anointing teacheth you of all things" means"?

We're all annointed if we're Christian. There shouldn't be people up front who are more annointed.

What do you believe "anointing" means?

What does John mean by "ye need not that any man teach you"?

The answer is from the verse before:

1 John 2:26 These [things] have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.

OK, so how does "the anointing" teach you?

James 3:1 ¶ My brethren, be not many masters (teachers), knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation (judgment).

Jeremiah 29:9 For they prophesy falsely unto you in my name: I have not sent them, saith the LORD.

I fail to see how these verses can be connected together, and that with the topic at hand.

Do you know what a dream really is sometimes? It is a statement that the Word of God is not sufficient.

The Lord spoke to Joseph (the carpenter) through dreams.

I could possibly see dreams where the Cannon wasn't complete or where the New Testament wasn't written. When Jesus isn't sufficient, we have the Bible plus the Book of Mormon. These revelations come alongside.

Take the above case - what Scripture would have informed Joseph he had to take his family and flee?

Guest shiloh357

Do you know what a dream really is sometimes? It is a statement that the Word of God is not sufficient. I could possibly see dreams where the Cannon wasn't complete or where the New Testament wasn't written. When Jesus isn't sufficient, we have the Bible plus the Book of Mormon. These revelations come alongside.

Are you a Mormon??

There is no new "revelation," meaning that there is no new information about God being revealed that has not been previously revealed in the Word of God.

Can you please show this in scripture

The Context IS The Word Of God, Believe It Or Not

Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints. For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus ChristJude 1:3-4

And The Context IS The Word Of God, Believe It Or Not

According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue2 Peter 1:3

I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed. Galatians 1:6-9

And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. 2 Timothy 3:15-17

What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it. Deuteronomy 12:32

Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar. Proverbs 30:5-6

This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. Matthew 15:8-9

For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. Revelation 22:18-19

~

And If This Unbelief Thing Is About The Mormon

Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God. Isaiah 44:6

And Their Worship Of The Start Of The Whole Sinful Mess On Earth

How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds;

I will be like the most High.

Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit. Isaiah 14:12-15

Or The Jehovah Witness's Assault

For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called. Isaiah 54:5

Upon The Bible

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. Jeremiah 15:16

And It's Holy Jesus

That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. He came unto his own, and his own received him not. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: John 1:9-12

Well, Still The Context Remains The Word Of God, Believe It Or Not

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Psalms 23:1-3

~

Believe

Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.

If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. John 3:11-15

And Be Blessed Beloved

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6

Or Not

The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand. He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. John 3:35-36

Love, Joe

~

Just An FYI: Contrary To The Writing Of Islam And Other Blaspheming Cults, The Last Words Given Through The Bible (Or Any Words Of Men Or Demon) Will Not Change The First Words Found Within The Bible, You See

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160

Just An FYI: Contrary To The Writing Of Islam And Other Blaspheming Cults, The Last Words Given Through The Bible (Or Any Words Of Men Or Demon) Will Not Change The First Words Found Within The Bible, You See

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160

Thank you for the post. This is not about the mormon or the jehovah's witness. This for me is about tradition verses what the scripture actually says. This is about seeking Christ and his truth. For Christ is truth. I address the duet. verses you quoted in another post. But to recap breifly. If God said in Duet. nothing was to be added, then the books of Joshua through malachi should never have been added. The scripture is the final authority. Where does it say in the bible that all scripture is revealed, that they're will be no more revelation, that the canon is closed. Where is this in scripture?

May the most high Father and Jesus Christ bless you

Firestormx

Joseph

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to post.

I still find myself stuck in the same place. So, I'm going to readdress the point where I'm stuck. I pray that God the Father and Jesus Christ will speak his truth over this. Amen.

"Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, niether shall you diminish from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you.”-Deuteronomy 4:2

“What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shall not add thereto, nor diminish from it.”-Deuteronomy 12:32

“Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.”-Proverbs 30:6

“Thus saith the Lord; Stand in the court of the Lord’s house, and speak unto all the cities of Judah, which come to worship in the Lord’s house, all the words that I command thee to speak unto them; diminish not a word:”-Jeremiah 26:2

“For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any manshall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:”-Revelation 22:18

Let me take this one at a time.

1. God said in Deuteronomy 2 times not to add to his word, and the books of Joshua-malachi were added. More revelation, more canon was added.

2. God said in Proverbs not to add unto his words, and more canon or new revelation was added

3. God said in Jeremiah not to diminish or take away. I don't think anything was left out of his word or taken away. ( the lost gospels nonesense, the book of mormon, and the koran for instance. All were left out for good reason)

4. God said in Revelation not to add to his word, and nothing that I'm aware of has.

These are the verses I keep seeing that people are using to say there is no more new revelation, no more canon to be added. But after 3 different times (2 in Deut. and 1 in Proverbs) that God said not to add, more was added! More revelation, more canon. If God can add more then, Why not now? Where does it say in the bible that there is no more revelation, that the canon is closed. Because as I read these verses, they don't say that, because more was added after every single time except the last. So, using Bible, why can't God add more new revelation now?

Also, if there is no new revelation then there can be no more prophecy spoken. The meaning of speaking prophecy as I understand it.

Prophecy: forth telling the mind, heart and will of God the Father and Jesus Christ through the Holy Spirit.

If there is no new revelation, then there can't be anymore prophecy.

May God bless

Firestormx

Joseph

Guest shiloh357

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to post.

I still find myself stuck in the same place. So, I'm going to readdress the point where I'm stuck. I pray that God the Father and Jesus Christ will speak his truth over this. Amen.

"Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, niether shall you diminish from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you.”-Deuteronomy 4:2

“What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shall not add thereto, nor diminish from it.”-Deuteronomy 12:32

“Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.”-Proverbs 30:6

“Thus saith the Lord; Stand in the court of the Lord’s house, and speak unto all the cities of Judah, which come to worship in the Lord’s house, all the words that I command thee to speak unto them; diminish not a word:”-Jeremiah 26:2

“For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any manshall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:”-Revelation 22:18

Let me take this one at a time.

1. God said in Deuteronomy 2 times not to add to his word, and the books of Joshua-malachi were added. More revelation, more canon was added.

2. God said in Proverbs not to add unto his words, and more canon or new revelation was added

3. God said in Jeremiah not to diminish or take away. I don't think anything was left out of his word or taken away. ( the lost gospels nonesense, the book of mormon, and the koran for instance. All were left out for good reason)

4. God said in Revelation not to add to his word, and nothing that I'm aware of has.

These are the verses I keep seeing that people are using to say there is no more new revelation, no more canon to be added. But after 3 different times (2 in Deut. and 1 in Proverbs) that God said not to add, more was added! More revelation, more canon. If God can add more then, Why not now? Where does it say in the bible that there is no more revelation, that the canon is closed. Because as I read these verses, they don't say that, because more was added after every single time except the last. So, using Bible, why can't God add more new revelation now?

Also, if there is no new revelation then there can be no more prophecy spoken. The meaning of speaking prophecy as I understand it.

Prophecy: forth telling the mind, heart and will of God the Father and Jesus Christ through the Holy Spirit.

If there is no new revelation, then there can't be anymore prophecy.

May God bless

Firestormx

Joseph

The problem lies with your understanding of what "adding to His word," means. What the verses in Deut and Revelation are saying is that we are not to alter what is written in them. We are not alter or change what is written by adding or taking info from them. As a behavioral paradigm, we can safely assume that this applies to all of Scripture. It doesn't have to tell us in every book of Scripture that we are not add or take away from what has been there. God doesn't want His word tampered with and people making up doctines that they want to insert in the text and discarding the parts they don't like.

The words of Deut. don't prelude the possibility of more canonical books being written; that is not the point. The point is that we are not alter Scripture to make it fit what we like or don't like.

Not adding to the Bible has nothing to do with whether or not there is no new revelation; that is a separate issue from adding or subracting from Scripture.

Not adding to the Bible has nothing to do with whether or not there is no new revelation. I realize people have misapplied those verses to mean that and that has caused some confusion. The point is that they are mistaken. The book of Revelation is the same thing. It is saying that we are not to alter it by adding or taking info from it.