• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  868
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/17/1981

Hey everyone,

So I've been thinking lately, if I could go back in time and give myself some advice, what would it be? I'm a completely different person now than what I once was. I'm sure because of Christ we can all say that, and certainly that's going to be what my first and most important bit of advice would be about, but it's more than that. It's big things, but also little things too, hugely important things and minorly helpful things, serious and funny things, things with long, drawn-out stories attatched, and things I only know because someone was king enough to tell me.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying I regret my life, or even the mistakes I've made, because it all led me down a path that ended in me knowing Christ, and I'm not even saying it would've done any good, because I wasn't exactly the type to heed advice. None of that stops me from wondering and thinking about the things I've learned and the things I would've done differently if I'd known better.

I'm going to put some things down probably later but I'm really curious to know if anyone else has ever thought of this and if you have, what are some of the things you would tell a younger you? It doesn't have to be big, important things either or even serious things, It could be anything.

Guest bryanw92

I gave up on God when I was 16 and didn't come back until I was 45. You could say that I wasted 29 years and you would be right. But, I now find myself in a place where I have the wisdom and maturity of a 50 year old along with the passion of new convert to Christ. I use that passion quite often when I teach and preach to move people beyond the learning and listening to the point of experiencing.

So, would I go back and tell 16 year old me to change churchs when the one I had did me wrong? I don't think so. God had a purpose for keeping me in the wilderness for all those years. I think I'll just roll with His plan.

Now, there are some little things thatI would like to go back and warn myself about.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/31/1952

I probally would like to change alot of my past but the road I took was the road that God new I would and it made me the strong

Christian that I am today with a much better understanding of the world. The only person I have control over is myself, we only have one person we have to answer to in the end and everything we do and say affects someone else!!!!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Hind sight is 20/20 eh? I guess we have all said or wished that at one point...or more...and yes I have

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.82
  • Days Won:  44

Since they really had nothing to do with the OP moved the comments on "secession" here: http://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/158813-civil-war-secession-from-the-us/page__st__80

Carry on. :)

God bless,

GE

Since they really had nothing to do with the OP moved the comments on "secession" here: http://www.worthychr...us/page__st__80

Carry on. :)

God bless,

GE

LOL thanks. I saw it but i really had no idea how to respond to it! :laugh:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.82
  • Days Won:  44

Hey everyone,

So I've been thinking lately, if I could go back in time and give myself some advice, what would it be? I'm a completely different person now than what I once was. I'm sure because of Christ we can all say that, and certainly that's going to be what my first and most important bit of advice would be about, but it's more than that. It's big things, but also little things too, hugely important things and minorly helpful things, serious and funny things, things with long, drawn-out stories attatched, and things I only know because someone was king enough to tell me.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying I regret my life, or even the mistakes I've made, because it all led me down a path that ended in me knowing Christ, and I'm not even saying it would've done any good, because I wasn't exactly the type to heed advice. None of that stops me from wondering and thinking about the things I've learned and the things I would've done differently if I'd known better.

I'm going to put some things down probably later but I'm really curious to know if anyone else has ever thought of this and if you have, what are some of the things you would tell a younger you? It doesn't have to be big, important things either or even serious things, It could be anything.

I would tell my younger self to spend less time on video games, movies, and computer games. I would tell myself to spend more time in God's Word and with other people. I would tell myself to continue to live frugally and be generous to those around me. I would tell myself to learn to laugh at myself more. I would tell myself to invest in what matters in eternity and less on stuff. That's what comes to mind for starters.

My 2 cents.

God bless,

GE

There cannot be, in God's realm, any adjudicating of the past. Going back to adjust the most miniscule thing, is not a sci-fi or quantum physics dilemma but a distrust in the order and purpose of God.

So what?

If it were possible to make a few changes I would do so. Not everything, but a there are quite a few things I could have gone through life without learning about by experience. I'm a fallen human being and I've made mistakes like everyone else. There are times when I wish it were possible to avoid those when looking back. That's part of how we learn things on this side of eternity.

My first and most important bit of advice would be, accept Christ at the first opportunity. I had many chances to do this way before I actually did it, but I turned away from them all. I ended up instead chasing after things that were only harmful to me in the end. I would definately try to communicate the futility in trying to find anything of meaning in life apart from Jesus.