IGNORED

Coming soon to an elementary school near you....

Work in Progress

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  0

Coming soon to an elementary school near you: mandatory indoctrination in Islamic customs and practices. According to The Kansas City Star, third-, fourth- and fifth-graders in Herndon, Virginia, are to be given lessons in the three Rs: Reading,

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  678
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Sad as this is, maybe- just maybe- this can become a way to allow Christ back in to the classroom. By law, if they allow one religious group in they must be fair and give all a voice. Otherwise they, according to their interpretation of the Constitution, are giving government endorsement to one religion over another. Any Chrisians from Herndon, Virginia's school district here?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,029
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Sounds to me like we have a bit of competition. Maybe it will be something to awaken the christian people of this nation to show the Islamic people the true God, and His son.....

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,794
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

However, whether the speaker understands what he is saying or not, one is considered to have converted to Islam if he confesses a belief in Allah

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  265
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  12/30/1987

Sad as this is, maybe- just maybe- this can become a way to allow Christ back in to the classroom. By law, if they allow one religious group in they must be fair and give all a voice. Otherwise they, according to their interpretation of the Constitution, are giving government endorsement to one religion over another.

:D:blink::D

Unfortunately, that isn't always followed: for example- evolution is a religion.. and yet it is taught unfailingly in schools as fact! And no matter what the constitution says, we all know that the world isn't ever going to really treat the Christians the same way as everyone else...

hmm... that should be some kind of indication of a difference, to those who think Christianity is the same as everything else out there....

~Dani

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

THAT'S IT!!!! I WANT MY SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE!!!!!!!

I'm sending my kids to school with a Bible tomorrow morning. I will demand that the school board institute a class teaching kids how to pray the Lord's prayer.

Seriously.....Where's the ACLU when you REALLY need them....When they're not bashing Christians that is!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  678
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Unfortunately, that isn't always followed: for example- evolution is a religion.. and yet it is taught unfailingly in schools as fact!  And no matter what the constitution says, we all know that the world isn't ever going to really treat the Christians the same way as everyone else... 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know, but one can always wish and hope...

I'm sending my kids to school with a Bible tomorrow morning. I will demand that the school board institute a class teaching kids how to pray the Lord's prayer.

Well, technically the kids are already allowed to bring a Bible (so is the teacher by the way, he/she just can't endorse it). But as Dani said Christians are often not treated fairly. :blink:

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

THAT'S IT!!!! I WANT MY SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE!!!!!!!

I'm sending my kids to school with a Bible tomorrow morning.  I will demand that the school board institute a class teaching kids how to pray the Lord's prayer.

Seriously.....Where's the ACLU when you REALLY need them....When they're not bashing Christians that is!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The ACLU is against christians..... they won't step in even if there was a Christian being dismembered in a public place due to being a Christian.......

i believe the group you wish to contact is the A C L J .......

the ACLJ is the ones that suppport Christian beliefs.....

mike

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  12/12/1939

Kansas City had better be glad my child does not go to their schools!!!!!!!!I would be in front of the school with a loud speaker singing "AMAZING GRACE"If they put me in jail i would still be singingf.AMERICA,defend your God before He forsakes us!!!!!

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

there is a book out, called

STUDENTS' LEGAL RIGHTS ON A PUBLIC SCHOOL CAMPUS

by: J.W. Brinkley with K.C. Crump

very well worth reading, and even obtaining a copy for future use.

"It can hardly be argued that either students or teachers shed their constitutional rights of freedom of speech or expression at the school house gate." (United States Supreme Court)

those that do not believe in a religious event going on, or a religious teaching that is going on in class, those students can be dismissed.... infact, must be upon request, with out reprocussions against them......

the J.W. do not participate in many activities.... during certain events, those children do not even go to school..... during a birthday party, they dont receive cake with decorated iceing on it..... the decorations are removed.... ( sheeesh )

during days when the school is preparing for the Christmas concerts, the J.W. children dont attend.... even if the program prep is only a coupl hours.....

if this is the case, then the Christian children must not be subject to brain washing from muslim or any other cult that is trying to spread their lies..... the Christian children must be exempt accordingly.... and that is the way it is written......

we do not have to be tolorent of the other sects pushing their garbage on us.....

mike