• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.82
  • Days Won:  44

****Please note this is not the OP/Subject just the introduction****

I’m going to start a series about Leadership on WCF and how it applies to Christians today. My hope is to encourage others to grow and mature in their walk with the Lord. I also would like to see people reach their full potential in leadership in reaching those around them for Christ and making disciples in fullfilling the Great Commission.

Here's what we've discussed and looked at from a Scriptural perspective so far:

God bless,

GE

------------------------------------

*****This is the OP and subject to this thread below*****

Leadership - 3. The Law of Process: Leadership Develops Daily, Not in a Day

Becoming a leader in Christ or strong follower of Christ is a lot like running a long, sometimes tough race. It is not a sprint but a cross-country race. If we hope to win the race (be the best Christ-follower) in a day we’re going to be disappointed. It’s really what we do day by day, over the long haul, that matters most. If we continually invest in our relationship with God, allowing God to change us over time, the inevitable result is growth.

Although some individuals have greater natural gifts than others, nearly all the skills of leadership can be learned or improved. But that process doesn’t happen overnight. Leadership has so many facets: faith, respect, experience, emotional strength, people skills, discipline, vision, momentum, timing – the list goes on. While sharing the Gospel is the privilege of every Believer making disciples requires for the most part so much seasoning to be effective.

Two questions:

A. What do you think of the Law of Process?

B. Can you think of some examples in the Bible where God has developed people for His purposes? (Hint: I plan on discussing Joseph and Moses but other examples are welcomed :) )

God bless,

Jon/GE

Source: Leadership material from John C. Maxwell.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,384
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/22/1996

A) Absolutely and Amen!!!

Through dedication, faith and patience we come to know God and are shaped into an individual at which God reaches out His hand and trusts in us to fulfill a task that is bestowed upon us. That being said; this not only goes for strong believers but for all people. Both in works, what we do in secret and the words we speak. Lead by example, bear up your cross and walk with the Lord, in the process, praise His name and bring in others while you praise Him. God knows it's not an easy task but just that one soul saved makes it all worth it, makes all the belittling, mockery and shame fade away into a praise and glory for God, for He had bestowed upon you a person whom you will meet in the kingdom. Because God used you; this was possible, to me this is the ultimate accomplishment in life, being saved yourself and delivering the word of God both in book and in life; so they may be saved, blessed be His name.

B)I see that you already claimed Moses and Joseph haha :P but I think that every one (that God used) in the bible is a leader according to a bearer in the Word of God, He used them according to His purpose and made an example out of them so that we may prosper, and while doing so He truly blessed them.

~Law of Influence. . . . Job~

Personally the book of Job is one of my favorite books in the bible, especially as of recently because no matter what was placed upon Job he resisted the devil and refused to curse God, instead. . . .he cursed the day he was born ! What great faith! What man can say after losing His WHOLE life; say and sing praises? But wait a moment, His life is in God the creator. He knew that the things of which God had done, created and so forth. His faith in knowing that the Lord will created a way after all the tragedy ruled over his tribulation. Not only did God use Job but He used him in such a way that truly touches my heart,and I am sure I am not the only one.

A) Absolutely and Amen!!!

Through dedication, faith and patience we come to know God and are shaped into an individual at which God reaches out His hand and trusts in us to fulfill a task that is bestowed upon us. That being said; this not only goes for strong believers but for all people. Both in works, what we do in secret and the words we speak. Lead by example, bear up your cross and walk with the Lord, in the process, praise His name and bring in others while you praise Him. God knows it's not an easy task but just that one soul saved makes it all worth it, makes all the belittling, mockery and shame fade away into a praise and glory for God, for He had bestowed upon you a person whom you will meet in the kingdom. Because God used you; this was possible, to me this is the ultimate accomplishment in life, being saved yourself and delivering the word of God both in book and in life; so they may be saved, blessed be His name.

B)I see that you already claimed Moses and Joseph haha :P but I think that every one (that God used) in the bible is a leader according to a bearer in the Word of God, He used them according to His purpose and made an example out of them so that we may prosper, and while doing so He truly blessed them.

~Law of Influence. . . . Job~

Personally the book of Job is one of my favorite books in the bible, especially as of recently because no matter what was placed upon Job he resisted the devil and refused to curse God, instead. . . .he cursed the day he was born ! What great faith! What man can say after losing His WHOLE life; say and sing praises? But wait a moment, His life is in God the creator. He knew that the things of which God had done, created and so forth. His faith in knowing that the Lord will created a way after all the tragedy ruled over his tribulation. Not only did God use Job but He used him in such a way that truly touches my heart,and I am sure I am not the only one.

Interesting thoughts Jacob. :) Yes faith in God requires faith, dedication, and patience. Isn't it awesome how patient God is with us? I think the Law of Process is one of my favs. As the old saying goes "Rome wasn't built in a day." It takes time and effort to learn God's precepts. God is molding us and shaping us to conform to His Son. Salvation is key I agree. It is the starting point to running a race towards God. Feel free to comment on any examples I give Re: Joseph/Moses. I don't claim to have any particular exclusive rights to the examples in the Bible... :) I'm just letting people know the direction I'm going eventually.

Re: Law of Influence... I agree Job is a great example of influence. He's an example to us all of true faith and perseverance under trials. Feel free to comment on this law on the thread associated with it I think it would be a great addition to the discussion. :)

This thread is about the Law of Process though ;)

God bless,

GE

A. Law of Process: Joseph’s Leadership

Gen 37:1-50:22

Joseph was a cocky kid. He was too arrogant for his own good. Sometimes I’m reminded of myself at the age of say 17 or 18. At least the cockiness. He didn’t think it enough to be the favorite of his father, the child who received special treatment, the son of Jacob’s old age. No. Not our friend Joseph. Joseph had to rub it in. ;)

When God gave Joseph a dream revealing that he would one day lead his family – not only his 11 brothers but also his parents – Joseph thoughtlessly told everyone about it. Not once. But he told everyone twice. His father rebuked him. His brothers were furious and wanted revenge.

And did they get it? I suppose you could say so.

Early in his life, Joseph didn’t know how to skillfully work with others. He lacked experience, wisdom, and humility – three qualities gained only with the passage of time. Joseph’s life illustrated the Law of Process. Observe how time and experience contributed to the development of Joseph’s leadership skills:

21irrefutablelaws-four-phases-of-leadership-growth.jpg

Phase 1: I don’t know what I don’t know.

Everyone starts out in a state of ignorance. That’s where Joseph began. He didn’t understand the dynamics of his family. Either he couldn’t imagine how his brothers might react when he described his dream, or he didn’t care. The Scripture says his brothers already hated him; when he described his dream, they hated him even more. Joseph did and said things without understanding the consequences or interpersonal issues involved. He did not seek God’s wisdom. His ignorance cost him more than two decades of alienation from his family.

Phase 2: I know what I don’t know.

It took a life-changing incident to capture Joseph’s attention and start him on the road to change. Thrust into slavery in Egypt, he began to learn what he didn’t know. He came to understand that leadership is difficult and carries a huge weight of responsibility. Over the years, Joseph suffered betrayal and learned hard lessons in human nature, relationships, and leadership. Yet God carried Joseph through all these. God used the process to mold his character, granting him both patience and humility. Eventually he recognized God as his source of blessing and power.

Phase 3: I know and grow and it starts to show.

Leaders who show great skill when opportunities arise, shine primarily due God’s grace because they’ve paid the price of preparation. When Pharaoh finally called Joseph, the young man performed with excellence and great wisdom. He didn’t succeed because he suddenly got good at age 30; he succeeded because he paid the price for 13 years. Joseph’s hard-earned wisdom and discernment got him promoted to second in command of what was then the most powerful nation on earth.

Phase 4: I simply go because of what I know.

During the seven years of plenty, God used Joseph as he executed his leadership plan with great skill. He filled the cities of Egypt with grain and prepared the country for a famine. But one can see how far his leadership had grown only by observing what he did during the lean years that followed. While he focused on feeding the people of Egypt, the strength of his leadership allowed him to feed the people of other lands as well. In the process, he brought untold money, livestock, and land into his master the Pharaoh’s possession. He also fulfilled the prophecy of the visions God gave him during his teens.

Every effective leader needs time to develop. But time alone cannot make someone an effective leader. Some individuals never discover the Law of Process, never allow themselves to be grown by God, and therefore remain in Phase 1 their entire lives.

Fortunately for the children of Israel, Joseph did not stop at the first stage. He grew in his journey from the pit to the palace. Yet nearly 23 years passed before he reunited with his brothers and saw God’s vision/dream to him fulfilled. At the end, Joseph realized that God had directed the process of his development as a leader, and that he had been groomed for a much greater purpose than he ever imagined as a cocky teenager.

By the time his father died, Joseph had learned to see things from God’s perspective. When his brothers feared for their lives, Joseph calmed their nerves by saying;

Gen. 50:19-20

“Do not be afraid, for am I in the place of God? But as for you, you meant evil against me; but God meant it for good, in order to bring it about it is this day, to save many people.”

At last Joseph could trace God’s hand over all the years of his life. And he understood the Lord’s long-term plan for His people, a plan Joseph helped fulfill by growing into and being grown into the leader God desire him to be.

Thoughts?

A. Law of Process: Joseph’s Leadership

Gen 37:1-50:22

Joseph was a cocky kid. He was too arrogant for his own good. Sometimes I’m reminded of myself at the age of say 17 or 18. At least the cockiness. He didn’t think it enough to be the favorite of his father, the child who received special treatment, the son of Jacob’s old age. No. Not our friend Joseph. Joseph had to rub it in. ;)I think that this goes for everyone of us GE; it just comes down to if your willing to admit it. Just another piece that God shaves off to further the fulness of His grand design.

When God gave Joseph a dream revealing that he would one day lead his family – not only his 11 brothers but also his parents – Joseph thoughtlessly told everyone about it. Not once. But he told everyone twice. His father rebuked him. His brothers were furious and wanted revenge. There again another phase to undergo before the understanding (In full, and in this case) the revealing of things is sometimes for our eyes and ears only, a secret if you will. Of course God knows weather or not we will "drop the ball" but just as in this life, everything has to come to terms. . . a learning experience/process.

And did they get it? I suppose you could say so.

Early in his life, Joseph didn’t know how to skillfully work with others. He lacked experience, wisdom, and humility – three qualities gained only with the passage of time. Joseph’s life illustrated the Law of Process. Observe how time and experience contributed to the development of Joseph’s leadership skills:

21irrefutablelaws-four-phases-of-leadership-growth.jpg

Everyone starts out in a state of ignorance. That’s where Joseph began. He didn’t understand the dynamics of his family. Either he couldn’t imagine how his brothers might react when he described his dream, or he didn’t care. The Scripture says his brothers already hated him; when he described his dream, they hated him even more. Joseph did and said things without understanding the consequences or interpersonal issues involved. He did not seek God’s wisdom. His ignorance cost him more than two decades of alienation from his family. Despite our failing; it makes me smile to know that in the end God is in it for us and with us.Everything in life to me, is a learning experience, good, bad or indifferent. So much to seek, and so much yet to be understood. I believe that this is also apart of this process, knowing that there is so much yet to be understood and knowing that you cannot bring it into terms by yourself; acknowledge the God who gives freely, and learn!

It took a life-changing incident to capture Joseph’s attention and start him on the road to change. Thrust into slavery in Egypt, he began to learn what he didn’t know. He came to understand that leadership is difficult and carries a huge weight of responsibility. Over the years, Joseph suffered betrayal and learned hard lessons in human nature, relationships, and leadership. Yet God carried Joseph through all these. God used the process to mold his character, granting him both patience and humility. Eventually he recognized God as his source of blessing and power. ~Amen~ When our life comes crashing to the ground, and seemingly things have come to the end; then we shall surely seek God with all of us because there is nothing left to rely on, nothing else to be proud of. He builds us from the bottom up, and sets us upon HIS foundation, and that is what He did to Joseph !

Leaders who show great skill when opportunities arise, shine primarily due God’s grace because they’ve paid the price of preparation. When Pharaoh finally called Joseph, the young man performed with excellence and great wisdom. He didn’t succeed because he suddenly got good at age 30; he succeeded because he paid the price for 13 years. Joseph’s hard-earned wisdom and discernment got him promoted to second in command of what was then the most powerful nation on earth. ~AMEN!!~

During the seven years of plenty, God used Joseph as he executed his leadership plan with great skill. He filled the cities of Egypt with grain and prepared the country for a famine. But one can see how far his leadership had grown only by observing what he did during the lean years that followed. While he focused on feeding the people of Egypt, the strength of his leadership allowed him to feed the people of other lands as well. In the process, he brought untold money, livestock, and land into his master the Pharaoh’s possession. He also fulfilled the prophecy of the visions God gave him during his teens. ~Amen!!~ God is good, and while He blesses us; He places others before us to be shared in His glory :)

Every effective leader needs time to develop. But time alone cannot make someone an effective leader. Some individuals never discover the Law of Process, never allow themselves to be grown by God, and therefore remain in Phase 1 their entire lives. Exactly, that is why Proverbs 16:18 needs to be taken to heart ("Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.”)

Fortunately for the children of Israel, Joseph did not stop at the first stage. He grew in his journey from the pit to the palace. Yet nearly 23 years passed before he reunited with his brothers and saw God’s vision/dream to him fulfilled. At the end, Joseph realized that God had directed the process of his development as a leader, and that he had been groomed for a much greater purpose than he ever imagined as a cocky teenager. Through the trials and tribulations God word still withstood, whew, God is good and Amen :)

By the time his father died, Joseph had learned to see things from God’s perspective. When his brothers feared for their lives, Joseph calmed their nerves by saying;

Gen. 50:19-20

“Do not be afraid, for am I in the place of God? But as for you, you meant evil against me; but God meant it for good, in order to bring it about it is this day, to save many people.”

At last Joseph could trace God’s hand over all the years of his life. And he understood the Lord’s long-term plan for His people, a plan Joseph helped fulfill by growing into and being grown into the leader God desire him to be.

Thoughts?

Such a long Journey and Process before Joseph finally FULLY submitted to the Lord, Each phase was another step forward into the process of the great Leader that God had set out for Joseph to become. The same works that God brought upon Josephs life we could also take part in. . . that is if we would only listen :( God bless you GE and thank you for sharing!!!!

To make it easier to follow, the plurple is mine :D

To make it easier to follow, the plurple is mine :D

Jacob you hit the nail on the head.

Leaders (and Christians) are Learners.

God bless,

GE

Jacob,

I agree God has a grand design. I’m just glad to be included in His plan and in His family. :)

We are all works in progress. It is God’s Word through experience and process that molds us to become more like Christ. (Phil 1:6)

Despite our failing; it makes me smile to know that in the end God is in it for us and with us. Everything in life to me, is a learning experience, good, bad or indifferent. So much to seek, and so much yet to be understood. I believe that this is also apart of this process, knowing that there is so much yet to be understood and knowing that you cannot bring it into terms by yourself; acknowledge the God who gives freely, and learn!

~Amen~ When our life comes crashing to the ground, and seemingly things have come to the end; then we shall surely seek God with all of us because there is nothing left to rely on, nothing else to be proud of. He builds us from the bottom up, and sets us upon HIS foundation, and that is what He did to Joseph !

~AMEN!!~

~Amen!!~ God is good, and while He blesses us; He places others before us to be shared in His glory

I agree God is the giver of all good things. (James 1:17)

I agree sometimes God has to take away some of those things that are not profitable. He builds us up from bottom up and sets us on the foundation of Christ in His Word… Don’t you love the story of God’s grace and mercy to Joseph?

Exactly, that is why Proverbs 16:18 needs to be taken to heart ("Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.”)

Through the trials and tribulations God word still withstood, whew, God is good and Amen

Such a long Journey and Process before Joseph finally FULLY submitted to the Lord, Each phase was another step forward into the process of the great Leader that God had set out for Joseph to become. The same works that God brought upon Josephs life we could also take part in. . . that is if we would only listen God bless you GE and thank you for sharing!!!!

To make it easier to follow, the plurple is mine

I agree Proverbs 16:18 is key. The ultimate show of pride is rejecting God’s Holy Spirit and denying one’s need for a Savior.

Through trials and tribulations God was still Himself. He was still good, perfect, wonderful, merciful, and full of grace! I agree. :thumbsup:

God is always moving us forward if we let Him. He has a plan and purpose for each of our lives. First to share His Good News with those we come in contact with. Second but equally important is to glorify Him in all we do!

God bless brother! Thank you for your encouragement and thoughts.

In Christ,

Jon/GE

Your Welcome GE, and thank you for sharing this time with me :) and Amen, and the story of Joseph certainly gives us an understanding of the Lord's goodness and helps us to understand that patience and the process takes time and much work, but with God. . all things are possible. His word certainly does remain! God is good!!

Although I was the only one to comment about this, my hope is that someone within their struggles see's that just as any other human being, they will undergo trials and tribulations. From here they can look at the bible with an new aspect and say with confidence that the Lord has in-store for them something much greater than they can even imagine, in this life and in the one to come. . .

God bless you!!!! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Your Welcome GE, and thank you for sharing this time with me :) and Amen, and the story of Joseph certainly gives us an understanding of the Lord's goodness and helps us to understand that patience and the process takes time and much work, but with God. . all things are possible. His word certainly does remain! God is good!!

Although I was the only one to comment about this, my hope is that someone within their struggles see's that just as any other human being, they will undergo trials and tribulations. From here they can look at the bible with an new aspect and say with confidence that the Lord has in-store for them something much greater than they can even imagine, in this life and in the one to come. . .

God bless you!!!! :)

This is my hope as well that it will bless others.

Leaders are learners. :thumbsup:

God bless,

GE