• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

Now that marijuana is legal in Colorado and Washington, would it still be wrong for Christians to smoke it in those states?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,384
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/22/1996

I think it will depend upon the morals of that given person and what they believe is wrong and not. Personally I would say yes; but that could just be me. . .

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I find this question amazing. We are Christians.... we live by another lifestyle. So let me get this straight...... do you think it's OK for Christians so smoke dope just because it's legal in some states? Let me think about this. ...................... NO! Are you kidding. What do you say to your friends or even strangers that are looking to us for answers. And please let me hear you say to God when you face Him, "Well You know Lord it was legal". Think about it.

We're called as believers to be filled with the Holy Spirit and not dope. To be filled by something is to be controlled by it. I would much rather be controlled by the Holy Spirit than any chemical be it drugs, alcohol, or whatever. Christ died to free me from the old life and I see no need to go back to something Jesus led me out of, legal or not. I value my walk with Jesus more highly than that.

I will also say that while it is possible not to drink alcohol to excess, the same can't be said of marijuana. There's no point in smoking the stuff if you're not gonna get high . . . :whistling:

Just my experience and opinion. Your mileage may vary.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Now that marijuana is legal in Colorado and Washington, would it still be wrong for Christians to smoke it in those states?

Would it be wrong for a Christian to have an abortion in a state or country where it is legal?

I think as we are "aliens" no matter where we are planted, and we should live by the bible and what it tells us, not what man decrees?

• Thumbs Up 1

Whoa! Take it easy, guys! :laugh:

I was looking at it from this angle: It's not wrong for Christians to drink alcohol as long as they don't get drunk, so would smoking marijuana in moderation also be okay?

By the way, I don't do either. I'm simply curious of the types of answers this subject would receive.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

There is a difference. One glass of wine should not get anyone drunk. It may take three or more, depending on your metabolism and how often you drink. However, one hit of marijuana will get you stoned. It is like apples and oranges. That is the trouble with questions about pot. There really is no comparison.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  40,801
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

The reasoning of drug use whether pot or booze is one of design rebellion... God made us to have a certain consciousness

and in the use of a chemical to induced a reaction to the brain to make us exist in a false consciousness... The Rebellion!

If we began right now to truly begin to thank God for our design and life- there would not be enough time to properly thank Him for

the one we have! Sin is very seductive and elusive to see why it is wrong-> it is modeled that way in order to make us think we like

the very thing that steals life from us- that which God first intended for us to have! Love, Steven

There is a difference. One glass of wine should not get anyone drunk. It may take three or more, depending on your metabolism and how often you drink. However, one hit of marijuana will get you stoned. It is like apples and oranges. That is the trouble with questions about pot. There really is no comparison.

What is your opinion on medicinal marijuana?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Well, I just saw your last post as I start to write this. What i want to say is that like Alcohol it would depend on why you smoke it.... Many people drink in small amounts for many reasons. My wife drinks a little wine every night for it helps her with cramps when she's trying to sleep (she has M.S,) I would think if a person was using weed for medical purposes it would not be a problem. I'm not part of the drug thing, but it doesn't seem to me that I hear people talk about just using a little weed. maybe I'm just not in the stream of things though.