Tinky

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

Many people get drunk on 2 beers, the worst that will happen when too much pot is smoked is the person falls asleep and feels groggy or lazy, no real physical addictions , no withdraw if cold turkey stopping.

I am going to disagree with you on this. THC has an addictive property. It is more of a mental /psychological addiction. People who have smoked the drug regularly are very agitated/angry when they have nothing to get stoned on. I have seen this time and time again. During these times, it is easy for a simple disagreement to turn into a heated argument or fight. They also have a harder time sleeping since their bodies are used to the drug to calm them.

Sorry, but you are wrong.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,384
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/22/1996

The King James Bible translators translated “pharmakia” as “witchcraft”, because witches and sorcerers used drugs most commonly in pagan worship to hallucinate and to try to get in touch with evil spirits.

I sure hope you are not implying that doctors and medical folks are witches because they prescribe or dispense legal drugs to people.

ROFLOL

Not at all , it refers to the types that are not medically trained and make 'magic potions' and seek the underworld spirits ....

but the scripture in revelation also covers people who abuse drugs like making crystal meth, lsd ...etc or abuse or addiction to any mind affecting drug ..as stated before God knows who abuses drugs and those who take them for good reason and really need them.

Can you please reference your claim from Revelation?

Thank you,

Blessings

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

Now that marijuana is legal in Colorado and Washington, would it still be wrong for Christians to smoke it in those states?

even though its legal know too smoke Marijuana in these states will it prevent a police officer from arresting that person they see smoking either a joint as it would not mean they can have a bong on them and use the bong in public that is something i have been looking at as its illegal in Australia to smoke and grow Marijuana

i think it would be wrong for a christian to smoke Marijuana why would a christian turn to his or her past addictions ?

I stopped when i was young best thing i ever did no one forced me to stop i decided on my own as like when i decided to smoke Marijuana

strange how its been passed in Colorado and Washington

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I don't think anyone was attacked. Again we are to be lights. I don't think we can be a light with Marijuana in our hands. Maybe I'm over the top conservetive. I just think that this in any form for recrecation is wrong. But then again it's me. If I were to do that I would betray everything I believe it, because in the end when it's all over and it's all said and done, I won't be answering to anyone but God and myself. If you believe it won't hurt your testimony then by all means do it, that won't make you any less my sister in the Lord and I will still love you.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  631
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2

even medical purposes can grow into an abuse for some.

substances are controlled for good reason. they open doors to different states of consciousness.

gateway drug indeed.

a Christian has no business in these dealings. state-legal or not.

my 2 pennies..

• Thumbs Up 1

Many people get drunk on 2 beers, the worst that will happen when too much pot is smoked is the person falls asleep and feels groggy or lazy, no real physical addictions , no withdraw if cold turkey stopping.

I am going to disagree with you on this. THC has an addictive property. It is more of a mental /psychological addiction. People who have smoked the drug regularly are very agitated/angry when they have nothing to get stoned on. I have seen this time and time again. During these times, it is easy for a simple disagreement to turn into a heated argument or fight. They also have a harder time sleeping since their bodies are used to the drug to calm them.

Sorry, but you are wrong

It only takes 30 days to purge the body of all THC,,though it can remain in hair for about 6 months ...There are no effects of withdraw that are anything to be concerned about.I have extensive, knowledge on this topic ,years ago I not only used it I also cultivated it , there are various grades of potency beginning with what seed is used, the other effects you speak of are found in caffeine products like coffee and high amounts of sugary foods ., There are even different types ofCannabinol and Phytocannabinoids they higher quality there is no effects as you say ; but the lower quality like bunkweed can cause headaches , it all varies on the particular cannabis type

Seems we have some things in common. I, even to this day, deal with drug addicts daily. The concern you seem to not worry about have destroyed relationships. Most can be healed, some cannot not. You underestimate what the drug can do to ones mental stability.

I don't think anyone was attacked. Again we are to be lights. I don't think we can be a light with Marijuana in our hands. Maybe I'm over the top conservetive. I just think that this in any form for recrecation is wrong. But then again it's me. If I were to do that I would betray everything I believe it, because in the end when it's all over and it's all said and done, I won't be answering to anyone but God and myself. If you believe it won't hurt your testimony then by all means do it, that won't make you any less my sister in the Lord and I will still love you.

No, you are not over the top at all. God personally proved this to me. I thought I could be His light while using, but that was never so. Once He healed me, and I stopped, I then knew why. The darkness of being separated spiritually from Him when stoned was gone. Our relationship grew leaps and bounds. He has used me more in the few years since I have stopped then all the years before combined.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  1,384
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/22/1996

No, you are not over the top at all. God personally proved this to me. I thought I could be His light while using, but that was never so. Once He healed me, and I stopped, I then knew why. The darkness of being separated spiritually from Him when stoned was gone. Our relationship grew leaps and bounds. He has used me more in the few years since I have stopped then all the years before combined.

~Amen, and Amen~

Praise the Lord for the healings that He has brought upon you; and for blessing us with you, in Him. May He deliver the same knowledge to all whom not only seek it but need it, In Jesus Name. Blessed Be His name, Amen!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  63
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1969

I don't believe it's wrong for a Christian to consume legal marijuana. I don't believe legalism and following man-made religious laws makes someone a better witness. And, no, there's not a liberal bone in my body when it comes to approving of sinful behavior.

Hi, Eisleben. Is legal marijuana like legal abortion? In other words, legal means okay? On your point about better witnesses, I don't think a Christian smoking a joint is a good witness to anybody. We are to abstain from all appearances of evil and not be worldly.

That all pagan religions use all sorts of drugs in their worship practices should be a tip-off, in my opinion as to whether it should be used by us or not.

Lastly, so I understand what you said more clearly, when you referred to legalism, were you saying that it is legalism for a Christian to avoid pot for moral/biblical or other religious reasons? God bless!

Edited by Peace Maker Tony
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'll add that I have seen this also. A specific person from my past comes to mind who was fine when high on whatever he could find. When the dope, booze, etc. ran out this guy was one very ugly, nasty person to be around. Reality can really stink when you don't wanna deal with it and can't get high to escape it, and therefore have to feel it.