• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

I don't even have to read the article to know where this is going. Those people are despicable. So caught up in their own self-righteousness they don't see or care about the pain they are causing these grieving families.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Turns the stomach thinking these consider themselves Christian.

Edited by GoldenEagle
Edited...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  8

I don't even have to read the article to know where this is going. Those people are despicable. So caught up in their own self-righteousness they don't see or care about the pain they are causing these grieving families.

I agree justin..

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Can whoever is in charge of the Baptist denomination do something about them? At least force them to remove "Baptist" from their name? Legally, they are defaming the name of "Baptist".

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I agree justin..

You should read the article. Anonymous hacked into their web site and published all their personal data...... many of their addresses and phone numbers.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,676
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Can whoever is in charge of the Baptist denomination do something about them? At least force them to remove "Baptist" from their name? Legally, they are defaming the name of "Baptist".

your assuming that all baptist churches are controlled by a common government. Completly not true. Just because they have the word "baptist" in the name does not mean they are affiliated with any other baptist church-there are lots of baptist denominations, the most popular, and probably the largest baptist denomination is the southern baptists-westboro is not associated with these. Then there are the american baptists, which tend to be a bit liberal, then there are the free will baptists, which are armenian, and I could probably name another half dozen different baptist denominations. And then there are thousands of baptist churches that arnt affiliated with any other denomination of baptist-and I do believe westboro is one of those, they are their own government so to speak, they are not aligned with any of the major baptist denominations.

As far as they are concerned, they are really giving a bad name to baptist churchs in general. They may "think" theyre doing the right thing, but in reality theyre doing the work of satan, and I wish someone would shut them down.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.82
  • Days Won:  44

your assuming that all baptist churches are controlled by a common government. Completly not true. Just because they have the word "baptist" in the name does not mean they are affiliated with any other baptist church-there are lots of baptist denominations, the most popular, and probably the largest baptist denomination is the southern baptists-westboro is not associated with these. Then there are the american baptists, which tend to be a bit liberal, then there are the free will baptists, which are armenian, and I could probably name another half dozen different baptist denominations. And then there are thousands of baptist churches that arnt affiliated with any other denomination of baptist-and I do believe westboro is one of those, they are their own government so to speak, they are not aligned with any of the major baptist denominations.

As far as they are concerned, they are really giving a bad name to baptist churchs in general. They may "think" theyre doing the right thing, but in reality theyre doing the work of satan, and I wish someone would shut them down.

I believe Patriot is right individual "baptist" churches are set up as autonomous entities. There is no church hierarchy or government in many of the various "Baptists" from what I understand.

These people are just trying to get attention. Problem is attention in a bad way.

It's called freedom of religion. Unfortunately, that means that things like this can occur. It's tragic and sad really. :(

Guest shiloh357

Baptists have no centralized governing body. Anyone can essentially stick "baptist" on their church sign, whether they adhere to any semblance of baptist doctrine. Baptists, unlike Lutherans (for example), have no Synod that manages their affairs. .

There are currently several different denominations (westboro is NOT a Baptist denomination, they are a cult) that have genuine baptist traditions like American Baptists, Southern Baptists, Northern Baptists, General Baptists, Free Will Baptists, Landmark Baptists and so on.

Guest shiloh357

http://www.buzzfeed....-they-will-prot

I am just speechless that these people have no sympanthy

I keep saying that one day, the Westboro bunch is going to protest the wrong funeral and they are going to call down the thunder one too many times and this could be that breaking point. They may need the police to protect the Westboro bunch, and not the other way around.