Guest jordan24

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  There is not a day that goes by that I am not critized for my faith in this church.  I can't stand it when people who don't even try to learn about what they are critizing.  I would never put down anothers beliefs, I don't feel that a true christian would do that.  I would love any oppion on this matter.  I don't mind if you disagree, but don't be mean. thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi,

glad to have you

we just burried my uncle a month ago, in his full temple outfit.......

my uncle did not trust fully in Christ, he did not have a relationship with the Lord, his life was based on tradition and works of man, not Christ, I fear for his eternal life...... mr smith, did not finish what Jesus Christ started, Jesus did all that was required for us to enter Heaven...... as was mentioned earlier, in the Bible we are told not to add to, or take away from the Holy Word of God...... and that means adding in books or thoughts from people..... we are also told that we are not to follow other people, and that we are not to chase ofter other men......

I hope that you stick around and see what you may be missing.... my uncle was never at peace, always in a state of confussion, hurting, turmoil..... the closer I get to God, the more i follow the teachings of Christ Jesus, the more at peace i am, the more joy i have, and the more peace i receive and joy i have the more I want...... it is a never ending circle while here on earth, the more I get the more I want...... I love being able to talk to God, and i love being able to hear God talk to me..... yes, really He will talk to you.... and every one else.... all we have to do is listen.....

mike

there is nothing that man can do to earn their way into heaven

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,278
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

I like Mormonism denies the basic Christian foundational beliefs.

Mainly that Jesus is God, not just a spirit brother of ours and literal brother of Satan.

In each chapter of the Gospel of John, Jesus makes a clear statement of His Divinity.

But a Mormon and a non-Mormon would do themselves no good if they act in a non-Christlike manner.

I would hope that other Christians would act out what they believe and make every effort to live in peace with all men.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  885
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  02/19/1960

We are to speak the TRUTH in LOVE.

We are called to defend the faith once for all entrusted to the saints (Jude 4). It is a lie to say the gates of hell prevailed against Christ's church in total apostasy (Mt. 18) and had to be restored by the controversial Joseph Smith.

There is another gospel (Gal. 1:5-9) and another Jesus (2 Cor. 11:4) that is false, a worthless counterfeit. Using Jesus in the name of a group does not make it Christian. There are many false religions that use 'Christ'.

Judeo-Christianity is explicitly monotheistic (belief in one true God). Mormonism is clearly polytheistic (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith and Bruce McConkie= 'plurality of gods'). This alone, apart from endless evidence, should lead us to reject Mormonism outright.

Sincerity does not create truth.

Salvation is found in the person of the Lord Jesus Christ, not in an organization or church.

The Bible is the Word of God and trustworthy. We need to compare so-called new, modern 'revelations' against the oldest revelation.

I have studied Mormonism for 25 years and have talked to many missionaries. These are precious people who are deceived. Let us reach out in love and truth so they may know the one who sets men free and gives eternal life.

http://www.utlm.org/

Helpful site to consider...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

There is not a day that goes by that I am not critized for my faith in this church.

This statement sends up red flags for me. Are you telling us that you walk around every day, minding your own business, and people criticize you for being LDS? Every day? How do they know what your faith is? Are you prostyltizing? (sp?) Do you carry the Book of Mormon with you? Please elaborate.

And, welcome to Worthy. I hope you like your stay here. :emot-questioned:

Guest Genxpastor
I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  There is not a day that goes by that I am not critized for my faith in this church.  I can't stand it when people who don't even try to learn about what they are critizing.  I would never put down anothers beliefs, I don't feel that a true christian would do that.  I would love any oppion on this matter.  I don't mind if you disagree, but don't be mean. thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Interesting question...how bout this..."No one likes being told they are wrong." This is especially true on message boards when people can't eyeball each other. Another point is that sometimes people perceive that you are putting them down when their ideas don't line up with yours. No one wants to feel foolish.

As for your church, do me a favor..challenge every assumption they make then take a look at mainstream Christianity. I know I challenge every assumption. It may sound heretical but the Word of God tells us to test the spirits.

Blessings~

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

Guest ChildoftheLord

I am too saddened byt this separation between chrsitians. We as christians are to love unconditionally. Much as God loves us. The only judgement we as christians should ever worry about is the judgment of the Lord. No one else's opinions matter!! I know it is in our nature to judge others, gossip, disagree with things we do not understand, but God wants us to be more than mere humans. He wants us to be His children. GOD BLESS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

We reduced ourselves by our degenerate sinful nature.

Good news though, Jesus can save us from that.