• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

There were many equally trained doctors, lawyers, scribes, etc in Jesus day who were all wrong about what they believed and taught. Seminary is a place to go and get ruined. The Holy Mount at the feet of Jesus is where the truth is.

Day one is what it says. Gaps are only necessary to fit lies into. Read the black ink on the white page without adding too (gaps) or taking away from and you will be fine. Using the imagination one can come up with a great many different teachings. A mans imagination is wicked from his youth according to God.

Yes, that is all well and good, but it still does not change the fact that the Bible never says the heavens and earth were created on day 1, merely in the beginning. People "assume" it's all wrapped up in day 1. Personally, I believe in the Time Gap Theory. You can't refute the TGT biblically, as Genesis does not provide adequate information to the contrary.

The only thing created on day 1 was light, but not in the sense of a light emitting object. The Hebrew is actually referring to illumination/enlightenment, and God is the source of it. The sun/moon were not created until day 4.

I won't be arguing about this. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I used to be an old hard line, die hard, KJV only Southern Baptist...then God opened my eyes.

Well Bless Those Old Fashion Bible Believing Jesus Loving God Fearing Fried Chicken Eating Folk

Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein. Jeremiah 6:16

And For What Did You Leave These Dear Folk

Surely your turning of things upside down shall be esteemed as the potter's clay: for shall the work say of him that made it, He made me not? or shall the thing framed say of him that framed it, He had no understanding?Isaiah 29:16

Some Philosopher's Stone?

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. Colossians 2:8

And What Book

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night.

And the evening and the morning were the first day. Genesis 1:1-5

Did

For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it. Exodus 20:11

God

And he said unto them, That the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath. Luke 6:5

Use

And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: Ephesians 3:9

To Open

For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. 2 Peter 3:5-7

Your Eyes Beloved?

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160

And Where Is Your Hope To Be Found?

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever. 1 John 2:15-17

For Bible Believers Know This Wicked Sin Soaked Cosmos Will Soon To Past Away

Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away. Luke 21:33

And Only The New Heavens And The New Earth

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness. 2 Peter 3:10-13

And New Jerusalem Will Remain

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. Revelation 21:1-5

So

Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. John 14:1-3

Where Is Your Hope?

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 2 Corinthians 15:22

~

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers.

Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy.

It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler's map, the pilgrim's staff, the pilot's compass, the soldier's sword, and the Christian's charter.

Here Paradise is restored, Heaven opened, and the gates of hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end.

It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet.

Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.

It is a mine of wealth, a Paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given to you in life, will be open in the judgment, and be remembered forever.

It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and condemns all who trifle with its holy precepts.

From The Front Of My Gideon New Testament

There were many equally trained doctors, lawyers, scribes, etc in Jesus day who were all wrong about what they believed and taught. Seminary is a place to go and get ruined. The Holy Mount at the feet of Jesus is where the truth is.

Day one is what it says. Gaps are only necessary to fit lies into. Read the black ink on the white page without adding too (gaps) or taking away from and you will be fine. Using the imagination one can come up with a great many different teachings. A mans imagination is wicked from his youth according to God.

Spot On Dear Brother For Way Too Often, The Seminarian's Path Becomes

Yea, hath God said, Genesis 3:1(c )

The Shortest Distance For A Prestige Hungry Child

Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. Hebrews 3:12

To End Up In The Cemetery

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame. Hebrews 6:4-6

Spot On Dear Brother For Way To Often The Seminarian's Path Becomes

Yea, hath God said, Genesis 3:1(c )

The Shortest Distance For A Prestige Hungry Child

Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. Hebrews 3:12

To End Up In The Cemetery

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame. Hebrews 6:4-6

Amen, my brother who loves me! Now my attempt to speak in tongues as the Spirit gives me utterance to speak Joeishly. He would not have us to study all of the Hath God said questions in search of that which God has said, but to sit and listen for that still small voice to teach us and guide us into all truth.

Rom 16:19 For your obedience is come abroad unto all [men]. I am glad therefore on your behalf: but yet I would have you wise unto that which is good, and simple concerning evil.

The Secret Service train to identify counterfeit currency by continuously familiarizing themselves with that which is true. They spend hours upon hours feeling, looking and studying that which is true and then when a counterfeit comes into their hands or sight they immediately know something is wrong with it even if they don't know exactly what, they know it is wrong.

2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

1Pe 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and [be] ready always to [give] an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

The one two punch. The Word of God and the Spirit of God equal the Voice of God.

Luk 10:39 And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word.

So let us all come to Jacob's well for a refreshing drink each hour of every day. As we tarry in the house of God.

Gen 28:17 And he was afraid, and said, How dreadful [is] this place! this [is] none other but the house of God, and this [is] the gate of heaven.

Jhn 4:12 Art thou greater than our father Jacob, which gave us the well, and drank thereof himself, and his children, and his cattle?

Psa 78:5 For he established a testimony in Jacob, and appointed a law in Israel, which he commanded our fathers, that they should make them known to their children:

And unto those who do not yet know as they are still wandering around in the congregation of the dead, we say.

Jhn 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

1Pe 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

And babies need fed so that they might grow!

1Pe 2:2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:

And one day Christian, if one is diligent in his quest for righteousness....

2Pe 1:19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

Oh the love of God dwelling in our hearts by faith! How sweet that love courses through our veins. There is a fountain filled with blood, drawn from immanuels veins!

How is it we say? Oh...Believe and be Blessed dear Loved of the Lord!

Love you Joe,

Gary

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

This is where I specialize (and what my theology/divinity studies are geared for). Biblical interpretation, and the application of hermeneutics.

There is one, crucial thing that people are overlooking...

No where does it say that the heavens and the earth were created on the first day. "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."

The time lapse between "in the beginning" and the start of creation on earth as we interpret it, could be an infinite amount of time. The Bible does not say. It is called the Time Gap Theory. It also shoots holes in the Young Earth Theory.

Just something to think about.

I agree with you, Vanguard that the Earth was not created on the first day, but that that it was simply was "without form, and void", that is all I'm saying.

Amen, my brother who loves me! Now my attempt to speak in tongues as the Spirit gives me utterance to speak Joeishly. He would not have us to study all of the Hath God said questions in search of that which God has said, but to sit and listen for that still small voice to teach us and guide us into all truth.

Rom 16:19 For your obedience is come abroad unto all [men]. I am glad therefore on your behalf: but yet I would have you wise unto that which is good, and simple concerning evil.

The Secret Service train to identify counterfeit currency by continuously familiarizing themselves with that which is true. They spend hours upon hours feeling, looking and studying that which is true and then when a counterfeit comes into their hands or sight they immediately know something is wrong with it even if they don't know exactly what, they know it is wrong.

2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

1Pe 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and [be] ready always to [give] an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

The one two punch. The Word of God and the Spirit of God equal the Voice of God.

Luk 10:39 And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word.

So let us all come to Jacob's well for a refreshing drink each hour of every day. As we tarry in the house of God.

Gen 28:17 And he was afraid, and said, How dreadful [is] this place! this [is] none other but the house of God, and this [is] the gate of heaven.

Jhn 4:12 Art thou greater than our father Jacob, which gave us the well, and drank thereof himself, and his children, and his cattle?

Psa 78:5 For he established a testimony in Jacob, and appointed a law in Israel, which he commanded our fathers, that they should make them known to their children:

And unto those who do not yet know as they are still wandering around in the congregation of the dead, we say.

Jhn 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

1Pe 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

And babies need fed so that they might grow!

1Pe 2:2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:

And one day Christian, if one is diligent in his quest for righteousness....

2Pe 1:19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

Oh the love of God dwelling in our hearts by faith! How sweet that love courses through our veins. There is a fountain filled with blood, drawn from immanuels veins!

How is it we say? Oh...Believe and be Blessed dear Loved of the Lord!

Love you Joe,

Gary

:24::24::24:

Amen~!

~

Wonderful Beloved, Wonderful~!

As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country. Proverbs 25:25

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

Love, Your Brother Joe

As I Read It Now

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night.

And the evening and the morning were the first day. Genesis 1:1-5

Is The Reason I Believe That The God Of Abraham, Isaac And Jacob

The God Of The Bible, My God

Did It In Six Days

And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day. Genesis 1:31

And If Man Gets It Wrong

He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end. Ecclesiastes 3:11

Well, It Won't Be The First Time You Know

Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God? John 10:36

~

Trust In The Word

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160

And Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

I think that it would be safe to say that God doesn't make anything "empty and void", for those adjective to work it necessitates for a object to already exist, a box can't be empty unless it exists.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Yes, that is all well and good, but it still does not change the fact that the Bible never says the heavens and earth were created on day 1, merely in the beginning. People "assume" it's all wrapped up in day 1. Personally, I believe in the Time Gap Theory. You can't refute the TGT biblically, as Genesis does not provide adequate information to the contrary.

The only thing created on day 1 was light, but not in the sense of a light emitting object. The Hebrew is actually referring to illumination/enlightenment, and God is the source of it. The sun/moon were not created until day 4.

I won't be arguing about this. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I used to be an old hard line, die hard, KJV only Southern Baptist...then God opened my eyes.

Well I think its great you won't be arguing about this, because in the greater scheme of things, in your salvation, it matters not one iota how the earth was created. That you believe it was created, and how you walk on it, matters so much more....

Enough of the nonsense. God has spoken:

Exd 20:11 For [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them [is], and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Exd 31:17 It [is] a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.

Do you believe God? If not go argue with him, I am just the messenger. I just go tell it on the mountain. Peace in Christ.