• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

Enough of the nonsense. God has spoken:

Exd 20:11 For [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them [is], and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Exd 31:17 It [is] a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.

Do you believe God? If not go argue with him, I am just the messenger. I just go tell it on the mountain. Peace in Christ.

Do you care to name names of those nonsense talkers, I know I am one, right.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Enough of the nonsense. God has spoken:

Exd 20:11 For [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them [is], and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Exd 31:17 It [is] a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.

Do you believe God? If not go argue with him, I am just the messenger. I just go tell it on the mountain. Peace in Christ.

Do you care to name names of those nonsense talkers, I know I am one, right.

Ronnie, my beloved brother, if you argue against God creating everything including the heaven and the earth in six literal days, you argue against his word as I have presented it here to you. It is clear. All that is in them as well as them themselves. The question becomes why do people need for it to be otherwise?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

The belief in the pre-adamite world and race and that the Earth received judgement is not just a fringe belief and I wouldn't refer to it as nonsense, it deserves consideration, many great believers believe in this doctrine. God didn't created something that was empty and void, why would he? Yes God created the Earth and he created it complete and good, but some believe it was marred and that when he cause the dry land appear and the Sun's rays to reach the Earth again he was just restoring it. I am not dogmatic about this and I don't wish to teach this on Worth (and will not), but I haven't banished the notion of this belief either, only put it on the shelf for keeping.

"We have already seen how in the beginning God created a perfect heaven and earth. Later on—we do not know how long afterwards—the original beautiful earth became waste and void. However, God rose up and remade this world. In six days, He restored this desolate world." -Watchman Nee

Fringe nonsense - hardly.

One who doesn't believe that that is nonsense had better be able to explain why God said that he did it all in six days. I provided two scripture references that directly oppose the view showing that it is in fact nonsense without any answer other than some statement of human reasoning that tries through the individuals understanding to reason that it is possible. Hath God said, anybody? nonsense.

"And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the spirit of God moved (Gk, brooded) upon the face of the waters".

"Although this view has been discredited by many in the past few years, I believe that a great catastrophe took place between 1 and 2. As far as I can see, there is an abundance of evidence for it". -Dr. J. Vernon Mcgee

You have become handy at throwing out curses or condemnations, calling member of this forum pigs and such.

To whom have I cursed? Show the evidence please. I said that there were dogs and pigs who visit the forum, if you disagree that is fine but in my saying so, I have condemned no one. If your conscience condemns you, what has that to do with me?

You still haven't shown a shred of evidence to discredit the verses I presented? Instead you attack my character, why?

"And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the spirit of God moved (Gk, brooded) upon the face of the waters".

"Although this view has been discredited by many in the past few years, I believe that a great catastrophe took place between 1 and 2. As far as I can see, there is an abundance of evidence for it". -Dr. J. Vernon Mcgee

You have become handy at throwing out curses or condemnations, calling member of this forum pigs and such.

:thumbsup:

Oink~!

:)

~

Love Dr. J. Vernon Mcgee

And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! Romans 10:15

And He Was A Dear Bible Loving Teacher Who's Teachings I Thrived On

And I Give Thanks Daily For The Godly Men (And Woman) Like Him God Placed Into My Life

He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep. John 21:17

~

My Take On Day One

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The same was in the beginning with God.

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. John 1:1-3

Includes All The Activities Reported In Day One

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day. Genesis 1:1-5

And My Take On The Last Day Is, It Is The First Day ~ The Day One For The New Heavens

For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.

And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying. Isaiah 65:17-19

And The New Earth And The Eternal New City Of Jerusalem

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. Revelation 21:1-5

And Jesus Is Able Oh So Able, For It Was Jesus

For with God nothing shall be impossible. Luke 1:37

Who Face To Face Told It To Moses

Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father. John 6:46

So Every Sabbath, Mark Seven

Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:

But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it. Exodus 20:8-11

And You Will Be Giving To God

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created. Revelation 4:11

The Credit He So Richly Deserves

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

For Thirty Years Or So

I Believed In Evolution And It's Time Lines

Yea, hath God said, Genesis 3:1(c )

Until My Favorite Science Fiction Writers Became

More And More Hateful Toward Jesus, Even Within Their Stories

But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.

For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies: Matthew 15:18-19

So I Opened Up My Bible To See If Time Constrained The Creator

Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children. Isaiah 66:8

And Found It Was All Of Jesus After All

And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: Ephesians 3:9

So I Dumped The Liars

Sing, O ye heavens; for the LORD hath done it: shout, ye lower parts of the earth: break forth into singing, ye mountains, O forest, and every tree therein: for the LORD hath redeemed Jacob, and glorified himself in Israel.

Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

That frustrateth the tokens of the liars, and maketh diviners mad; that turneth wise men backward, and maketh their knowledge foolish; That confirmeth the word of his servant, and performeth the counsel of his messengers; that saith to Jerusalem, Thou shalt be inhabited; and to the cities of Judah, Ye shall be built, and I will raise up the decayed places thereof: Isaiah 44:23-26

And Turned Back

Surely your turning of things upside down shall be esteemed as the potter's clay: for shall the work say of him that made it, He made me not? or shall the thing framed say of him that framed it, He had no understanding? Isaiah 29:16

To Truth

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6

Beloved, Thank You For Listening

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/18/1974

I haven't been here in a week and this is still going? I said I wasn't going to argue about it, and I am not. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

It's just that some of those literal, word for word opinions happen to be WRONG, especially when they don't understand the Hebrew or the Greek, and quickly forget that they are reading a translation that is biased, based on the positions of the authors.

Want to know how the verse actually reads in Hebrew? "In the beginning God created the sky and the earth."

I'll check back in a week or so, lol.

I haven't been here in a week and this is still going? I said I wasn't going to argue about it, and I am not. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

It's just that some of those literal, word for word opinions happen to be WRONG, especially when they don't understand the Hebrew or the Greek, and quickly forget that they are reading a translation that is biased, based on the positions of the authors.

Want to know how the verse actually reads in Hebrew? "In the beginning God created the sky and the earth."

lol

Sorry Earth Lovers

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever. 1 John 2:15-17

It Will Rage On Until Jesus Pulls The Plug On This Old Earth And Cosmos

And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. Revelation 20:7-11

And Creates The New Earth And Heavens

And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. Revelation 21:5

Welcome Back

~

So?

Would You Believe Six Days?

Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:

But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it. Exodus 20:8-11

Yes?

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.The earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters. Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light. God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness. God called the light day, and the darkness He called night. And there was evening and there was morning, one day. Genesis 1:1-5 (NASB)

No?

In the beginning of God's preparing the heavens and the earth -- the earth hath existed waste and void, and darkness is on the face of the deep, and the Spirit of God fluttering on the face of the waters, and God saith, 'Let light be;' and light is. And God seeth the light that it is good, and God separateth between the light and the darkness, and God calleth to the light 'Day,' and to the darkness He hath called 'Night;' and there is an evening, and there is a morning -- day one. Genesis 1:1-5 (Young's Literal Translation)

I said I wasn't going to argue about it, and I am not.

Glad we can trust you when you speak. Oh but wait...

Calling people out as WRONG and declaring your 'arguments' as to why it is so. I'd be careful about declaring that your not going to do something in the same post that you also do it. It doesn't help your argument ;)

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1993

Do you know Hebrew and Greek?

I am not a master of the Hebrew language, but I do have access to a lexicon ( http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=H8064&t=KJV ), and it says that the word translated as "heaven" is the Hebrew "shamayim", which means:

1) heaven, heavens, sky

a) visible heavens, sky

1) as abode of the stars

2) as the visible universe, the sky, atmosphere, etc

b) Heaven (as the abode of God)

As I understand it, either "heaven" or "sky" is a possible translation for "shamayim".

The people who translated the Scriptures were masters of Hebrew and Greek, and unless you have similarly mastered these languages, it is not your place to challenge their translations if you do not provide adequate substantiation for your claims.