Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest ninhao

And put a knife to thy throat, if thou be a man given to appetite.

20 posts in this topic

Hello Ninhao,

appetite is not the problem.

Problems are, in my opinion:

- white (well in so many countries it's just the only type of bread you can get in the supermarkets) bread instead of whole grain cereals. I mean whole grain cereals without sugar, of course. White bread is liable of making you very hungry beacuse it causes insulin in you to rise real quick.. and it has too much (net) calories itself.

- meat more than twice a week, which is also bad for climate, rain forests and water, btw..

- sugar (there is also a difference between white and raw sugar)

- vitamin pills instead of fresh fruit and vegetables. Many people at this point come up by telling me "fruit also contains sugar, Thomas!". Yeah, that's right. However, the sugar inside the fruit comes in other forms which are healthy. The raffined sugar added to nutritive products acts totally differently to our body.

- too little sports

I'm just recalling a friend of mine who pondered over the question "is white salad better than the green ones?". Salad made up for less that 1% of what she ate. I mean that's the wrong question.

Have a good day

Thomas

problem isnt even the white bread, or any of the food we eat. its a society of people who want what tastes good, and feels good, and dont want to work. People dont understand taking care of oneself-nothing wrong with refined sugar or white bread, as long as one doesnt overdo it. Most people would rather sit around and eat junk food and watch football or play video games all day-what one needs is a balanced diet with proper excercise, something most people dont want.

We in our society do eat far too much.

Seriously, if you were to measure the volume of your stomach at rest and then measure the volume of the food you eat at one meal . . . what would you find?

Now you've gone from preaching to MEDDLING!!!

Seriously? :hmmm:

Obesity is an outward indication of an inward situation.

I think it is a spiritual issue. We are born with a void in our hearts that can only be filled by God, some fill it with drugs and some with food. So food becomes an idol in one's life. And as we know, gluttony is one of the deadly sins.

Through prayer and fasting I have been learning to deal with this idol.

Shalom,

Natalie

Hey, it's not my fault you got your feet there where I'm stomping. :P

It is easy to lump all obese people into the judgment of gluttony, but there are also many medical conditions that cause folks to be more obese than others. Dont assume someone is fat because they are pigs.

We in our society do eat far too much.

Seriously, if you were to measure the volume of your stomach at rest and then measure the volume of the food you eat at one meal . . . what would you find?

Still room for dessert :D

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0