IGNORED

How to reduce the toll from US gun violence

nebula

I learned something interesting the other night.

Does anyone know why the 45 caliber was invented?

Look into it, you might find yourself as shocked as I was and it puts to silence all these Lefty's rants about Gun control.

Guns are made for killing. A vast majority of the guns that are made are made for killing people. Pistols are specifically made for killing people. The military adopted the 45 because it killed more efficiantly than the 38 they had been using. Instead of multiple rounds to put down an individual, the 45 only required one. I'm not sure but I think it was first used in the Philippines.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  19

Look into it, you might find yourself as shocked as I was and it puts to silence all these Lefty's rants about Gun control.

Guns are made for killing. A vast majority of the guns that are made are made for killing people. Pistols are specifically made for killing people. The military adopted the 45 because it killed more efficiantly than the 38 they had been using. Instead of multiple rounds to put down an individual, the 45 only required one. I'm not sure but I think it was first used in the Philippines.

Yes, a gun is made for killing, no doubt about it. However, the gun in and of itself kills no one and nothing.

Regardless, you are correct. The 45 caliber was created for use in the Phillipines because a 38 caliber was too small to stop the aggressive force that the Marines were facing. Even when the force was shot directly in the head and between the ears.

Now find out why. It might surprise you and it will put to death the Looney Left's insane assertions.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Even if there was at least one armed Officer in every of the 140,000 schools in America... You can discharge a semi auto rifle at 45-60 rounds a minute. How long does it take to run to the other side of the school?

A lot faster than it takes for the police to get there.

Yes, a gun is made for killing, no doubt about it. However, the gun in and of itself kills no one and nothing.

Regardless, you are correct. The 45 caliber was created for use in the Phillipines because a 38 caliber was too small to stop the aggressive force that the Marines were facing. Even when the force was shot directly in the head and between the ears.

Now find out why. It might surprise you and it will put to death the Looney Left's insane assertions.

I don't categorize people Left or Right, so I have no idea what those insane assertions are. All I know is the 45 was chosen for it's stopping power, up close in your face fighting.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

This is a multi-faceted problem.

The top three things are the lack of any real mental health system in America, a Culture of Lethality where pulling a gun out can be considered an acceptable solution to a violent confrontation, and a situation where you can get an AR-15 and be able to fire off 30 rounds, or a Semi-Auto Combat Shotgun, or 30 round clips for a pistol, or a 100-round drum magazine.

All of which have been used in mass shootings in the last few years. None of those devices serve any purpose but to kill more people faster. Can't buy them, or any gun for that matter at a retail store? You can easily buy these through private sellers at gun shows or over the internet, even if you say you probably wouldn't pass a background check.

As for mental health in America, it's a broken and more or less non-functional system.

Posting armed guards in every school won't magically save the day in a lot of circumstances either. There was an armed guard at columbine. Virginia Tech had armed Police Officers. Fort Hood was A Military Base and the shooter was confronted by someone armed before the police arrived, and that person got shot.

Even if there was at least one armed Officer in every of the 140,000 schools in America... You can discharge a semi auto rifle at 45-60 rounds a minute. How long does it take to run to the other side of the school?

Then perhaps we need the school guards to have semi automatic rifles, so they can quickly dispose of the criminal? In addition to that, I would support allowing anyone with a permit to carry a conceiled weapon, so anyone entering the school could never be sure who could shoot back? I still think closing down the public schools and putting education on-line is the answer, not only to this, but budget problems. My state spends more than half it's budget on education.

I am opposed to any gun control measures, for the simple reason that criminals will alway find a way to get guns. The only thing gun control does is make it easier for criminals to kill innocents.

Ok, how far do you take the protect the school thing? Perimeter fencing, guard towers, motion detectors?

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

This is a multi-faceted problem.

Not really. It is a one level issue, not having Jesus as their Lord.