Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nebula

An opinion on gun control

46 posts in this topic

Well said, and worth the read. I wish more people would, its sound thinking by someone whos very well educated on the subject-I agree with the author, most people who are anti-gun, dont know anything about guns, either because theyve never been around them or are willingly ignorant, and make their minds up based on emotion, and not facts.

Well said, and worth the read. I wish more people would, its sound thinking by someone whos very well educated on the subject-I agree with the author, most people who are anti-gun, dont know anything about guns, either because theyve never been around them or are willingly ignorant, and make their minds up based on emotion, and not facts.

Makes Me Wonder If They Are Against The Guns And Gunners Who Protect President Obama And Family?

Excellent article!

Makes Me Wonder If They Are Against The Guns And Gunners Who Protect President Obama And Family?

thats the thing, its really hypocritical, Obama KNOWS that guns keep him safe, yet he wants to deny us the ability to do so. If he meant what he said about guns being evil-he would send the secret service away.

Good article from a thoroughly qualified individual.

that's the thing, its really hypocritical, Obama KNOWS that guns keep him safe, yet he wants to deny us the ability to do so. If he meant what he said about guns being evil-he would send the secret service away.

:thumbsup:

POTUS Made Many Fundamental Errors

Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall. Better it is to be of an humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud. Proverbs 16:18-19

Especially About The God Of Abraham, Isaac And Jacob

The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go. Acts 3:13

But Failing To Protect His Family With Snipers And Such Is One Mistake This Man Has Not Made....

Very well written and informative.

He wrote,

"I’ve got a Remington 870 with approximately 160,000 rounds through it."

I owned a Remington 870 which I used for the eradication ferel pigs in thick scrub on a family property. I had to hand it in during the John Howard five hundred million dollar gun-steal back as it was considered by him and the then police comissioners as too dangerous a firearm for the average joe to own. I think they must have been watching to many terminator movies at the time to come to that conclusion.

With the compensation I recieved I was able to legally buy and own a ten shot Winchester short barrel 44 magnum lever action rifle which I used for the same purpose. Try and figure that one out? Which firearm packs the deadliest wallop if the intention for use was criminal???

Before the firearms ban-steal back downunder, armed home invasions, drive by shootings, armed car-nappings, armed robberies were unheard of. Now all thesearmed crimes are an every day occurence and all we get from the media the anti-everything groups and some government officials is a call for tougher gun control. We currently have the toughest firearms laws in the western world.

Before the firearms ban-steal back downunder, armed home invasions, drive by shootings, armed car-nappings, armed robberies were unheard of. Now all thesearmed crimes are an every day occurence and all we get from the media the anti-everything groups and some government officials is a call for tougher gun control. We currently have the toughest firearms laws in the western world.

Hello Hazard,

I also live in Australia and have not witnessed this change. Armed crimes aren't an every day occurrence in Australia. :D Also we have had incidence of all of these crimes prior to 1997. This is unusual we have this different observation.

There has been a spike in shootings in NSW mostly involving amphetamine dealers recently it seems.

Could you please supply the data and source concerning home invasions, drive by shootings, etc. before and after 1997 ?

nin, hazards partly right. In many areas, those things are back. they really are. The media tries to cover it up, but they are growing. Now, you might not notice it-but I suspect you live in an area that never had a high violent crime rate to begin with. The media there, is just as slanted as in the US. Everyday, there are shootings and crimes that are stopped by people with guns, yet that NEVER makes the news, not unless theres someway to make the gun owner look bad-like he accidently shot a kid. In many areas of australia, violent crime has shot up from a lot of the statistics Im seeing (except the governments of course, theyll never admit the gun ban was bad) this all goes back to, Ive met a lot of australians who think they live in this nice little utopia, because they don't have guns. Theres Americans, who think every thing is a conspiracy, which is also not true, both are fantasy worlds. Just because no one in your neighborhood has been shot up, doesnt mean that taking away the guns is the reason for it-I hate to break it to you, but statistically, in the US, your more likely to die from a doctors mistake, then a gun. theres not THAT many school shootings, and theyre actually on the decline, but thats not what the media and the liberals want you to know-they want you under the impression that "guns are evil" and every time they see something that helps their cause, they blow it all out of proportion, and blame the gun trying to elicit an emotional response. It worked in australia, it worked in the UK. gun violence in the UK, especially ireland, HAS shot up. The only reason Australia hasnt shot that high is due to the fact that politically, it is far more stable then the UK or America-I will give them that. But to say that its "safer without guns" isnt a true statment-some stats show its not, some stats show little to no difference-but I have yet to see any non-government released stats that show that the gun ban has helped.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0