• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

It would seem that Westboro brings the worst out in most people they touch, and that has got to be a bad thing in any ones language.

We just need to guard against them raising our ire with each other here, or we have just confirmed their agenda for them.

Guest shiloh357
If you ask me, I don't think Jesus would sit there and petition the government, to call them a hate group. Now, Biblically, He was known for calling people on what they were-He called the sadduccees and pharisees a pit of vipers, but notice, He did it to their face, He didn't go to the government, and say "do something about it" In fact, lets look at what the Bible says about this.

Of course He went to the government. They were the governing body called the Sanhedrin. He called the governing body of lawmakers and judges far worse things than a hate group.

Matthew 5:44 But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.

how is name calling, even government sanctified name calling, loving?

I haven't called anyone any names. I am simply more honest than you would like for me to be. Jesus called the governing leaders things that would get Him put on mod review on WBs. You should read your Bible a little closer. He didn't operate from your version of "loving."

So, instead of ministering to them, were signing a petition, asking the government to call them a hate group

1. Signing the petition is not mutually exclusive from ministering to them.

2. Talking about ministering to the WBC is completely disingenuous.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,709
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

first off, your taking what I said out of context. Yes, he went to the sanhedrin, because His problem was with them. He did not go to them to tell them to take care of a problem He had with other people, which is what your doing-your going to the government, to have them "deal" with the problem.

Secondly, I see no difference between calling a group a bunch of "meanie heads" and a "hate group" there isnt. Its both name calling. Period. And its just because you dont like what theyre doing. They have the same freedom of speech and religion, and the same right to protest that you do. Is it dispicaple? yes, but its still their right to do so. and calling them a "hate group" wont change that. its still name calling, no matter what you call it.

Thirdly, Jesus never, ever went to someone else, and had them call the sadduccees a brood of vipers, He did it to their face. He never used the government or any third party. So your argument about Jesus calling people what they are is invalid, because He did it to their face-He didnt have the government do it for Him. Jesus fought His own battles, He didnt ask the corrupt government to fight them in His place.