IGNORED

What Kind of God Would Condemn People to Eternal Torment?

Tinky

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

To answer the op question: God's inflexible justice? If He deals with us in love He neglects justice.

Considering that we have a choice in the matter may also come into effect regarding justice.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

What is amazing is that people place the blame on God, claiming He condemns them, while it is actually the choice of the individual that condemns them. People condemn themselves by choosing not to accept what God has to offer. It is not His fault if people are too proud to humble themselves before God.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Eisleben, you have not addressed this post yet. Will you answer the question?

Let's examine the "execution' theory. This idea would allow me to live as much of a sinful life in the flesh I wanted to and when my life was over, poof ... gone, no remorse or consequences, just gone. What is there to loose for living this life?

I did address that by pointing out that even most fundamentalist Christians think execution of the bodies of most sinners is excessive, so why it it when God executes the soul of a sinner, it's not enough? Are you calling for homosexuals and adulterers to be executed? Why not? The OT calls for it.

Execution isn't a consequence? There won't be remorse on the day of judgement?

I for one will take you more seriously when you answer the question and back it up with scripture. So far all i have read is conjecture.

• Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Eisleben

Jesus's parables aren't meant to be taken literally.

You need to give your life to the Lord, there are many here that will pray with you. Jesus was not talking about a parable. If he had he would have mentioned it. Jesus gave real names in his vision of Hell. He saw this, and it was no parable.

Jesus also saw Abraham, and gave his name. To say this is a parable, is to say Jesus Lied on father Abraham, Lied about what Abraham said, and committed perjury. Every parable Jesus told, he never named names, not even his own Father, but portrayed his father as the head of a field or father of two kids. We knew by the parable who he was referring to, though Jesus never said his Father God.

There are some here that will lead you to the Lord Jesus, he is not a liar, when he said if you believe on him you can have eternal life, it was no parable.

Believing for you.

Mike.

Your hostility is totally hypocritical. Parables aren't always explicitly identified as parables. The Gospel of John identifies nothing Jesus said as a parable. Yet there are a number of great parables there.

You say Jesus gives real names in his parable of the Rich Man and Lazarus therefor it's literal. I'm totally unaware of any rule that a name can't be used in a parable. How come the Rich Man isn't identified by name?

If you think Jesus's parable is literal, then explain why the Rich Man and Lazarus are being given punishment and reward before the day of judgement, before the resurrection of the dead? If you want me to take you seriously, when you dispute my position, you should address the points I have made in support of my position. But, as it is, you ignore my points.

If Jesus's followers aren't sheep, are you accusing Jesus of lying for calling them sheep? Maybe I should believe you think Jesus is a liar for saying you have to believe on Him to have eternal life when you believe everyone gets eternal life, regardless of belief on Jesus.

Do you believe what the story of the Rich Man and Lazarus says, that the Rich Man is being punished for being rich and Lazarus is being rewarded for being poor? Nothing to do with their faith! You can't be a Christians and believe that: Son, remember that during your life you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus bad things; but now he is being comforted here, and you are in agony.

Still no scripture to support any position you are supporting.

• Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

The vapidness and hostility of the posts directed at me for my position only confirms to me that I'm right. If I were wrong, the quality of opposition would be much higher.

would you like a mouse trap for that verbal abuse problem you have?

please kindly direct me to a Christian forum with grownups.

http://www.argumentclinic.co.uk/

It's not Christian, but I'm sure you can change that

http://www.arguewitheveryone.org/

It's the season for giving, so here's another place you could make a difference in :rolleyes:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

I find it comforting that those responsible for the holocost who have not repented and received Christ will be spending eternity in

everlasting torment. Even now Christians are suffering, beaten, tortured and killed for Christ's sake by those with the spirit of the

Antichrist. Some people have no repentance. Whether they are sociopaths or have hardened their hearts to the point that God hardens

them too, when they are beyond repentance it is time to go, and eventually to go to everlasting torment. For those who hate God and

hate His people it would be heaven to just not exist if that would mean not being in their company. But there would be no punishment for

those who have committed atrocities. God deals in black and white, not shades of gray like they teach at harvard.

It is very hard for people to accept this doctrine, especially if people they have known or loved those who have died rejecting Christ.. It is very hard for these people to accept the truth. And in the last days there will be many people who prefer

to believe lies.

Edited by Willamina

I am not sure I would go so far as to say those calling this a parable are making Jesus out a liar, but having examined the story more closely, I do see your point. Jesus does go into great detail about the people, and even the fact that the rich man had 5 brothers. Thanks for your input. I do think you are correct, that this was something that really took place.

Hello Butero,

I am not convinced yet. The parables in Luke seem to be many and flow in some style of complete messages. In my 5 bible commentaries 4 of them identify the Rich Man and Lazarus also as a parable and 1 does not.

My commentaries are - Summarized Bible, Alfred Barnes' Notes on the Bible, The Bible Knowledge Commentary, John Gill's Exposition on the Entire Bible, ( say parable ), and Believers Bible commentary ( say real )

I am wondering why believing this story not to be a parable is important ?

Sevenseas:

It's the season for giving, so here's another place you could make a difference in :rolleyes:

Only if you promise to be there, we not had a good scriptural spat in awhile. :)

Jesus Is Lord.

Well you must be spoilin since I wasn't even talkin to you harump! :33:

What would you like to argue about? Shall we make a thread? :39:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Perhaps Jesus used a real occurance as the basis for a parable.

I have no doubt that the event really occured precisely as discribed.