• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

Homosexual faux-marriage in Maine and other states.

"Legal" pot use in Colorado.

Considering legalizing bestiality in Florida.

Obviously, aborticide* in all states. (*Abortion is a miscarriage. Aborticide is the deliberate causing of a miscarriage by any means to kill an unborn child.)

I mean come on...Where are the prophets? Prophets ARE an office in God's church, but where are they? Has anyone heard the voice of a prophet in America today? I haven't, and I have my ears open. What good does it do to 'preach to the choir' so to speak? It's the GODLESS who need to hear. That's a prophet's job, to proclaim the word to the godless.

I love you bro...but that is a cop-out. Yes, disciples administrate the kingdom in the world, but PROPHETS (an office in the Church) have a totally different job. The prophet warns, sometimes of impending trouble, sometimes of consequences from sin. All the other offices administer within the church, but the prophet appears to be the liaison with the outside.

Apostles build churches.

Prophets give warning to the world.

Evangelists bring the Good News.

Pastors administrate local congregations.

Teachers disciple Believers.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

I mean come on...Where are the prophets? Prophets ARE an office in God's church, but where are they? Has anyone heard the voice of a prophet in America today? I haven't, and I have my ears open. What good does it do to 'preach to the choir' so to speak? It's the GODLESS who need to hear. That's a prophet's job, to proclaim the word to the godless.

I have no words

well that's not true

I did type the above...and this...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

I see no prophets in the world today.....not real ones anyway. The original prophets warned us of the time we live in now and only God can raise up new ones.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

That's a prophet's job, to proclaim the word to the godless.

I only know of one prophet who was sent to the heathen (those not "the people of God"). All other prophets spoke to "the people of God," although many had turned away from God.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Apostles build churches.

Prophets give warning to the world.

Evangelists bring the Good News.

Pastors administrate local congregations.

Teachers disciple Believers.

Is this what you see in Ephesians 4 when you read it? Are you combining Ephesians 4 with other scriptures to mold what you believe to be a more complete picture? I am simply trying to understand how you came to your conclusion here.

That's a prophet's job, to proclaim the word to the godless.

I only know of one prophet who was sent to the heathen (those not "the people of God"). All other prophets spoke to "the people of God," although many had turned away from God.

Exactly...I thought of that (Nineveh and Jonah) but I have to say, I had so many retorts that I could not choose one

Maybe that's just my reaction..........

What do you see apostles doing in the NT? Building churches. Laying foundations. Giving doctrine.

Prophets in the NT do what? Agabus gave warning of an impending disaster. And then oddly enough, nothing else is recorded in the NT referring to a prophet. So, I have to go to the OT to see what prophets did. They warned. When God sent a prophet to Israel, it was always to those who had gone from Him. Descendants of righteous living people who became godless.

Evangelists on the job are never shown in the NT. But the word refers to one who brings good news.

Pastors (or bishops) are overseers of local congregations. The word means shepherds. What does a shepherd do? He makes sure the sheep are properly fed. He checks their food to see it's not poisoned. He makes sure their water is clean. He guides them away from bad terrain where they might be injured. And most importantly: HE PROTECTS THEM FROM WOLVES.

Teachers are just that: teachers. They break down Scripture and make it understood.

But we digress: The question was "Where are the prophets?" Where are those whom God has placed in the Church to warn of impending disaster? With the way things are in the US today, I'd think that the streets would be filled with them. And they're not. Which makes me wonder: Has God abandoned America to reprobacy?

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

What do you see apostles doing in the NT? Building churches. Laying foundations. Giving doctrine.

Prophets in the NT do what? Agabus gave warning of an impending disaster. And then oddly enough, nothing else is recorded in the NT referring to a prophet. So, I have to go to the OT to see what prophets did. They warned. When God sent a prophet to Israel, it was always to those who had gone from Him. Descendants of righteous living people who became godless.

Evangelists on the job are never shown in the NT. But the word refers to one who brings good news.

Pastors (or bishops) are overseers of local congregations. The word means shepherds. What does a shepherd do? He makes sure the sheep are properly fed. He checks their food to see it's not poisoned. He makes sure their water is clean. He guides them away from bad terrain where they might be injured. And most importantly: HE PROTECTS THEM FROM WOLVES.

Teachers are just that: teachers. They break down Scripture and make it understood.

But we digress: The question was "Where are the prophets?" Where are those whom God has placed in the Church to warn of impending disaster? With the way things are in the US today, I'd think that the streets would be filled with them. And they're not. Which makes me wonder: Has God abandoned America to reprobacy?

Thanks for clarifying how you derive your understanding. In the NT I cannot find any reference of a prophet being sent to unbelievers other than one with the message of impending doom or other for that matter. They were present at gatherings of the brethren and spoke in turn. They were those who spoke unto believers like Judas and Silas who were sent along with that which was determined by the Jerusalem counsel. Revelation, however speaks of the two witnesses who are prophets of God that torment others with their message until they are killed. In this instance, I side with you. Along with Jonah and Nineveh.

Maybe you have been called to lead the charge?

The prophets never left. I just typed in your question into google and this is the first thing that came up. I agree with it, so saved

me some typing, what? You are not the only one asking this question...I don't ask it, because I know they have already spoken

God will act and does act and already has. He has already spoken and since He has not changed His mind, you can expect

more of the same

There is truly nothing new under the sun

So, where are the prophets today when they are so sorely needed? Oh, they are with us, and their voices are speaking to us today! They can be easily identified and their names revealed. Their names are Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Hosea, Daniel, Malachi, and many others too numerous to mention in these few lines. All of their names are found in the pages of the Bible. These men, called prophets, were called and commissioned by Yahweh, to be very powerful spokespersons for His purpose on earth. God spoke to, and through them, so let’s examine a few select examples of God’s words and message through them.

Isaiah 46:10 says, “I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say my purpose will stand.” True students of the Bible know and understand that much of what we call prophecy is for the end times and thereby is yet to be fulfilled.

Jeremiah 2:13 says, “My people have committed two sins; they have forsaken me, the spring of living water, and have dug their own cisterns which are broken and cannot hold water.”

Ezekiel 22:26 says, “Her priests do violence to my law, and profane MY Holy things; they do not distinguish between the Holy and the common. They teach that there is no difference between the unclean and the clean, and they shut their eyes to the keeping of MY Sabbaths, so that I am profaned!”

These two select passages in Jeremiah and Ezekiel illustrate a sampling of the mind of God and what’s important to Him.

Elijah, the prophet of prophets as he was called, stated the following in I Kings 18:26, “How long will you waver between two opinions? If the Lord Yahweh is God, follow Him, but, if Baal is god, then follow him.” God does, or will at some point, confront one with this mother of all decisions!

Our Messiah was called Yeshua in the Hebrew language, for indeed He was from the tribe of Judah. This Savior, whom we call Jesus, was the prophet of prophets, lest we forget! The Messiah said in Luke 6:46, “Why do you call me Lord Lord, and do not do what I say?” Our Lord spoke powerfully about putting all His words into practice!

Daniel 12, Jeremiah 30, and Matthew 24, speak of a terrible time of distress coming upon the earth and certain nations, indeed, the end has been declared from the beginning as the prophet Isaiah predicted. THESE ARE THE VOICES OF GOD’S SPIRITUAL WEATHERMEN WARNING US BEFORE THE STORM BURSTS UPON US.

Jeremiah 30:23-24 speaks of the “storm of the Lord bursting upon the land at the designated set time in the latter days.”

Isaiah 58:1 says to “raise your voice like a trumpet and declare to my people their rebellion.”

Joel 2:12 cry’s out to those who will hear, “return to me with all your heart, with fasting and weeping and mourning.” “Rend your heart”, a loving Father says, in and through the prophet Ezekiel. “Turn, turn, from your evil ways, why will you die?”

Read the moving plea found in Ezekiel 33:11.

I want to end the examples and words of the prophets with Isaiah 61:1-2:

“The spirit of the Sovereign Lord Yahweh is on me. He has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to heal the broken hearted, and to proclaim freedom for the captives, and to release the prisoners from darkness. He wants me to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.”

Dear readers, the good news described above is a pleasure to embrace and proclaim. Yeshua Jesus Himself chose this passage to read at the beginning of His ministry found in Luke 4:16-18!

The question was asked, “Where are the prophets?” The answer is, THEY HAVE JUST SPOKEN TO YOU THROUGH THE ENDURING, AND ABIDING WORDS THAT THE HEAVENLY FATHER GAVE THEM!

Matthew 5:17 makes it crystal clear that the words and voices of the prophets are still relevant, and have not been abolished. There is so much more that they have to share with us. This writer issues the challenge to read and study the lives of these special messengers, for they speak the heart of a loving Father.

God has spoken to you today through a few select passages of the prophets.

May the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, who loves all of mankind, move and stir you to seek His face! Our only sure protection and safety is to return to the Father’s house. May your eyes see and your ears hear in this hour the voice of God.

WHERE ARE THE PROPHETS? THEY HAVE JUST SPOKEN TO US.