• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

MIKE:

Sevenseas, Thank you for the response. I am not sure about all these Messages from these prophets about Bin Ladan or end of the world stuff. It has been my experience these over bounding prophecies the range past the group God has given you come out to be false and lucky guesses. If what you said was proven untrue, then you need to own up to that and not make excuses. "Well, it happened in the spirit" does not cut it.

Out of all the things God has told me for the future. "Word of Wisdom" Only 2 had a specific date and that was the very next day. I warn people that think they hear God to never put a date on something. I believe fully our minds help God fill in the blanks. Most prophecy for future I have been given has been conditional, without a time stamp.

I am no expert, but I'll answer the best I can.

I have had 2 dates myself, one the next day and one a couple of months away...and both were accurate but I actually do not think the first was

from God....the 2nd, was a personal matter and made sense and I do believe that one was God...we need to pay attention as we go along

and not just accept everything from God...I agree about putting dates to things...it seems very few of these famous prophet types 'own up', as you say,

to being wrong...it's always some excuse but never I better check where my info is coming from...which alone shows they are not following

scripture

Is it really the prophetic office, because it seems to me that would be a permanent calling if there was one. How would you describe a word of knowledge?

From my understanding, it would take years of faithfulness and diligence for even the Lord calling you into the Ministry of the Prophet. He just told me that at times that office anointing would be available. It would be like teaching, then you start to exhort and evangelize to draw in the Lost. It's a different type of office and anointing. What makes it different is that one is ministering to a group in a church type setting but only as the Holy Spirit moves. A word of Knowledge would be to supernaturally know something that could have not been known. I might see a small vision of it, or Words come up. An example, I had a Druid come visit the church and as I was teaching it came up that Druids have no power, but God is all power. That was not a prophet anointing but a word of Knowledge I just said it, not knowing I actually had a guy that practiced druidism sitting in the 3r row.

So, There would be no difference in that Office prophet anointing than getting words of Wisdom or Knowledge, the Lord just told me so that I would catch it and not diminish it wanting to get on to what I was teaching about. It was more for my benefit as He told me to watch for it.

OK ~ I'm asking because people will proclaim themself to be something and then want to pray over everyone and think they have a word for

everyone...the lineup procedure I mentionned in my prior posts...I have a problem with that...it becomes like fortune telling....with people

going forward just to 'get a word'...I call that abuse and I think that it deteriorates into something that is not the Holy Spirit working

People might and prob will disagree...but, I do not see a Biblical precedent for those lineups and a 'word from God' being spoken over

everyone in that lineup...I was wanting to know where you stood regarding those things

You see, it's fine to agree on spiritual gifts operating, but then the discussion begins on how we see them operating and why is there such a vast

array of false utterances and why don't people just quit going to these services? Just how bad is that itch anyway?

Your talking about "World" utterances, and I don't believe the Lord does that today as he is not going to override the direction of a Pastor and sheep given. We need to avoid these far reaching "Thus saith the Lord's"

Well I agree and I think most others responding further back in this thread also agreed. However, there are millions following what I consider false

prophets as I outlined in my post. It becomes the blind leading the blind IMO...I also believe demonic spirits operate in that type of atmosphere

and attach themselves to those who disregard scripture and believe a lie instead...I'm not talking possession....anyway, that is a whole other

much debated subject, so moving along............

Well I will have to accept that you state it has to be real...because that IS what you are saying. So, I will accept that. However, and don't whack me now,

what if (scary thought) it was real but not right? Do you think that can happen? I am not saying that is applied to you..

Is it possible it's not God? That is always real and possible. You think you heard something from the Lord, and this person here needs to hear it, was it really the Lord? Am I going to look stupid? Faith has to come into play here. This happens a whole lot, in fact If the Lord gives me something for someone, I normally wait. Is it me, God, or the devil slip that in? One thing I avoid is judgement of flesh saying God told me to tell you. That is always the devil. I find people already know what is wrong with them, and they don't need me to remind them of that.

Waiting is good and I agree that people often do know and a word of knowledge just brings 'proof' the the table that God has heard them or knows

or whatever...I have heard waaay too many God told me to tell yous in my life......I do not believe that is God but there was a time I did. I have 2 family

members who have really hurt people with their "God told me to tell yous'...well anyway, it is good to note that a person should back off when someone

wags a finger in their face with a message from God.

several years ago I saw a man in church just sitting there like me, then I saw a small vision of him in a white suite, and he was teaching or preaching to a group of people. I knew the Lord wanted to encourage him as his wife just left him and he was looking for direction. So, after service I just walked up and said hi, and told him that I can miss it, but wanted to share what I believe the Lord showed me. He got all teary eyed and said he had a dream just like I described and could not believe the Lord would really want to use him like that. He was pretty broken at the time.

4 years later I saw him sitting in Church again, not seen him in a long time and after service he came and gave me a big hug and handed me his business card with the ministry he was running. He had a new wife, and was preaching.

Everyone can miss it, and we need to know we can miss it, and be ready to admit it and fix it.

People who claim to have some ginormous healing ministry are trying to operate like Jesus did...is that really scriptural? Really?

I am one that see's a difference between believing on Jesus and laying hands on the sick that they might recover or calling the elders in to pray with faith, and God rise them up. That is different than having the gift of Healing in operation. Recover and rise up does not mean instant. Jesus said the Works I do, Ye shall do. He also said I only do what I see my Father do, I only speak what I hear my Father speak. We don't operate on a greater level then Jesus did, and as he had to hear, we should hear also. I don't believe we form healing lines without getting direction to do so first. I do believe as believers we have a right to pray over someone in faith and expect the Lord to work with us and help. I don't see any scripture to have just a "Healing Ministry" We are told to preach the Gospel to every creature.

There is a difference between a gift of healing and the elders praying. I would agree that preaching the gospel should be accompanied by the gifts

and a gift is not for forming a ministry around. The gifts are for the body and to build up the body...not create ministries.

By putting your faith into, do you mean you have faith that gift will be in operation or do you mean you have faith in the gift?

I would have to say both, but concerning Teaching only. I believe if called up to teach, the gift will show up. You can feel the teaching anointing and you can tell when there is no anointing to teach. I have faith in the gift itself to get across what the Holy Spirit is getting across. Just having faith for something does not make it so though.

There was a hotel christian meeting and I was asked to teach, so my same "faith" and confession was that the gift would be there. I got up to speak and it felt like someone threw a wet blanket on me that was cold and damp. I struggled through it, nobody got helped, and felt the information was good, but just speaking knowledge does not reach hearts. There was no anointing or help, I was just teaching from what I knew.

I asked the Lord about it, and he said......... "You ever ask me if you were to teach there?" No sir, I did not.

Jesus Is Lord.

OK...got it. Thanks!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

This thread has more hidden posts, deleted posts, personal attacks, temporary bans, snide comments, TOS violations and mud slinging than most. It is unfruitful and has at times become ugly.

Jesus is reading this stuff, He is reading our hearts.

Closed (and I feel like taking a shower, seriously)