IGNORED

Where are the prophets?

Bold Believer

We have come to an understanding. I'm glad. Perhaps if it would have been framed in the OP that way (I mean what you said above that I highlighted and underlined), more of us would have agreed from the beginning and there wouldn't have been as much misunderstanding as there was. I think that is what is necessary to get people to hear; to use that framework in the beginning.

GOD bless you!

Edited by Parker1

Parker1

It sounds like you are questioning my personal commitment to the Faith.

I have no idea what your talking about. I told you how to find your answer, and there is a lot given with what is posted already. For Had I not seen others before me operate in the gifts, I would not have on my own made heads or tails out of any of it.

"Mike:

There is a lot of misunderstanding on How the Holy Spirit moves and works, and it mostly comes from those who have not with full hearts gone after tongues or the things of the Spirit of God. Fix this, and a whole lot more will be clear to you."

This is what I am talking about. It sounded to me that you are saying that you consider me to be one of "those" you spoke of and that I needed to "fix" it in order for it to "be clear to you." Is that not what you were saying?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Mike:

There is a lot of misunderstanding on How the Holy Spirit moves and works, and it mostly comes from those who have not with full hearts gone after tongues or the things of the Spirit of God. Fix this, and a whole lot more will be clear to you."

And a good deal of misunderstanding also comes from those who operate in the gifts like it was a sideshow. I know. I've seen enough of them.

Nowhere in scripture are we told to pursue ANYTHING OR ANYONE but God Himself with our whole hearts

If you speak in tongues after that fact or exhibit any other gift, then He has decided you would

When things get shaken, we'll find out what the real was...and that is not a challenge

There are people in a world of trouble right now as I type this that do not understand how they came to be in the mess they are in.

They pursued what others had and wanted what others had and wanted a big ole whopping ministry and wanted to be the one

teaching, preaching or healing. Some of them may actually be doing these things.

One day, they will find out they never really knew the One they said they served.

The Lord's servant is humble. Take a look at Jesus. Is there another example we should follow?

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. I Cor 13:1

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

I Cor 13:8

Paul, who spoke in tongues more than anyone, by his own admittance, realized that all the gifts were a means to an end

If someone does not recognize the difference between pursuing God and pursing gifts, they shall most likely achieve neither to any lasting good

The gifts were never meant to make people into superstars or to be some sort of billboard to demonstrate that Christians aren't boring.

There never would have been any gifts at all without God giving them out...although sometimes you might not know that the way

some people emphasize them and compare them, teach on them and develop jealousy over another. Oh yeah, all those things happen

and more.

Further, far too many people seem to assess themself and determine that they are a prophet or teacher or worker or should lay hands

on people and pray and prophesy over them... that is not the biblical pattern and much harm has come out of these practices.

The op asked at the beginning of this thread where the prophets were. He asked that question as though it was the job of one or more

individuals to turn America (or any country really) back from its sin.

Has there EVER been a nation in which the gospel has been so available and in which so many churches have been built and

in which the very airwaves of both radio and TV send that message out ?

I'm asking, where are your EARS? Can't you see how perverted so much of Christianity has become today and the sideshow it has

become until there is no respect left for those who call themselves Christian? And then you can read this thread and see the

comments...the gifts were and are always will be until they are no more for the building up of the church..the Body of Christ...yet

that body has used supernatural experiences to advertise for numbers to walk in the door and drop their money in the offering plates.

If people would obey the Word they already have, both regarding sin and regarding how the gifts should operate, then God would

honor all the words that are supposedly spoken in His favor. Let me know when that happens. I mean that in a way that would

satisfy the question asked at the beginning of the thread. We seem to forget that we are the Body of Christ and that this is

not Israel or Judah and there are no more OT prophets....seems we may all have agreed that prophets exist but not as Elijah

or Samuel... although maybe before the Lord they do.

Mike:

(Seven)If someone does not recognize the difference between pursuing God and pursing gifts, they shall most likely achieve neither to any lasting good

I have found if my heart is really in the place for a person to wanting to help, and not some followed ritual of be healed, be whole. That is when God actives his ability. Being humble and just seeking the persons good with or without the gifts seems to bring God on scene. How hard at times to stay like that.

Jesus Is Lord.

Too many people look to another person to receive from God what He has promised to those who love Him. It should not be like that.

Too many people who believe they have one gift or another would not want the people they are ministering to, to be able to stand on

their own two legs and receive from God rather than another person who is only filtering the Holy Spirit at best and that only when

that person has clean hands and a pure heart.

I know you just write about yourself Mike....so tell me, how do people grow and come into the fullness of Christ if they are in the lineup

every Sunday morning and night and in line for every miracle meeting and always wanting wanting wanting and never getting enough

because they get everything second hand and it never lasts?

Do you think God gets fed up with it...because I think God gets fed up with it. It's like recycled pablum and it doesn't work and the proof

that it does not work is the state of both your country and my country...which, let's face it, pretty much come under the same umbrella

when it comes to the gospel and how that is presented and how people react.

These are cold hard facts...yet, we say we believe that the Holy Spirit still operates today and does the things today that occurred when

we read the book of Acts and beyond.

I guess part of the answer is that everyone is so comfortable in their armchair, raising their arms and getting goosebumps, with the shades

drawn, that it becomes a just me and Jesus party. I always ask, I always wonder....what happens AFTER the big hooplah?

What are YOU (anyone) doing with all the Holy Spirit 'power' you say you felt in church or that special meeting?

Do you think about these things Mike?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

Bold believer,

I havent read all the post yet, but I see where you are coming from. Does one ever think that there are prophets of G_d in america today?

I would say yes. A prophet sees the on coming issues and warns the people. Predicting things that others don't, since it is not in the Bible. Believers don't realize it until it is too late. The book of the prophets were written after they see the truth and the damage is done. They warned the people but turned them away.

1. A prophet is never welcome, because that means the people have to see the truth and dont want nothing to do with it or dont want to change it. So God steps in while the people curse Him.

I see things coming, but I dont claim to be a prophet of G_d. The one world government smoke screen. One world religion. One currency. It will happen and it is controlled by the illuminated one. Like the one that fell like lightning, satan.

Speaking of lightning. Has anyone looked up what Barack means in Hebrew. What about Hussein in arabic? I find it interesting that barack means lightning, that hussein means beautiful. Obama means bent/crooked. Please feel free to listen the the"Yes we can" speech backwards on a video on a famous website. Things that make you think. Our current President's real name is Barry. Look these things up.

2. We should rejoice, yet be watchful and listen to any warnings and test them to see if they are factual. One can't judge without seeking the truth to make sure that person is correct. Go to trust worthy sources.

3. So to sum it up. Yes there are prophets today doing the work for the will of G_d. We just have to listen to them carefully and be open-minded, and know that the Lord worked out side the Bible before it was written. The Bible was written after the events happened. So we can't say it isn't scriptural because it is outside of the written word. So open your ears and listen to the Lord of host telling us and showing us what is going on around you from outside the Bible.

1. Sometimes there are false prophets would you agree?

2. How do we determine what is truth and what is a lie?

3. Are you saying we should listen to sources that contradict the Bible?

Please clarify.

God bless,

GE