IGNORED

Where are the prophets?

Bold Believer

So to sum it up. Yes there are prophets today doing the work for the will of G_d. We just have to listen to them carefully and be open-minded, and know that the Lord worked out side the Bible before it was written. The Bible was written after the events happened. So we can't say it isn't scriptural because it is outside of the written word. So open your ears and listen to the Lord of host telling us and showing us what is going on around you from outside the Bible.

Actually, there are many things in the Word that are yet to take place.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

So to sum it up. Yes there are prophets today doing the work for the will of G_d. We just have to listen to them carefully and be open-minded, and know that the Lord worked out side the Bible before it was written. The Bible was written after the events happened. So we can't say it isn't scriptural because it is outside of the written word. So open your ears and listen to the Lord of host telling us and showing us what is going on around you from outside the Bible.

Please name them. Start perhaps with the book of Ezekiel?

Also, as man quite rightly said...

The bible is a book full of promises, some have come to fruition, and some are yet to be manifest by God (that's where our faith matters, in understanding that He keeps His promises and covenants)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,384
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/22/1996

Like the return of Christ, the rise of the anti-christ, the 4 horsemen. . . .just to name a few!

So what events haven't happened yet? Revelations?

One that comes to mind is the 2nd coming of Christ. And then there's the beast, the false prophet, the 2 witnesses.........

Where did you learn that all events in the bible have already occurred?

• Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

No, As I said. I would not have made heads or tails out of tongues had I not seen it, or seen real live Prophets operate that came to visit us. I can show you tons of scriptures, but to be in the same room and feel the anointing of God yourself to compare those scriptures, I can't do that.

Prophets today are not going around and pointing sins out or telling people what to do. People should respect their Pastors, and listen to them as they direct that church body.

Jesus said if you believe on me, you shall speak with new tongues. I read that, but what the heck is that? I had to see it in operation, be around that anointing. Otherwise, I would have never known. My hope is others at least get a taste of this anointing and power of God, to feel themselves become weak to just stand in the awe of it.

You do not know that they were real prophets. Someone does not have to feel the same thing as you or experience the same things as you to be an anointed and effective believer. I have seen, heard and experienced the same things and I do not go around telling others that they have to feel, see and hear the exact same thing or they are somehow inferior or don't have it all or are second-class Christians. That is imprudent and it is patently false. Our walk is about our own personal relationship with Christ, period. Not gifts, and certainly not experiences.

I can show you TONS of scripture? Really? I don't think you can.

I can show YOU at least one that should make you and anyone else think deep, long and hard about whether such frivolous comments

as tons of scripture is not some form of "I know more than you do" and even if it is not in scripture, it does not matter because I

have all the gifts....gifts can be and are abused and misused...look at Solomon...the most intelligent man that ever lived and that wisdom

given as a gift from God...yet he acted like a fool in his own household.

BECAUSE of the experience I have had, I am quite uncomfortable with some of the comments you make...which you do NOT back up

with scripture, in spite of your claims of having TONS of it...just reams and reams and reams....of scripture....and sometimes when you

do offer exhibit a, b or even c from scripture, they do NOT say what you are trying to say that they say.

Mike:

Jesus said if you believe on me, you shall speak with new tongues. I read that, but what the heck is that? I had to see it in operation, be around that anointing. Otherwise, I would have never known. My hope is others at least get a taste of this anointing and power of God, to feel themselves become weak to just stand in the awe of it.

It sounds like you are standing in awe of power here...and that observation may just be the truth of the matter as you refer to such over 50% of the

time in your posts.

I know with 100% certainty that not all power is from God .... and in my opinion, people who want power and play with power are playing with

things they do not understand. And, the most frightening and sobering thing regarding this, is that many using power that is not of God, believe

that what they use IS God.

Be sober ... be vigilant...they always think that applies to someone else while they are being chewed on and deceived

I am using very gentle language compared to the bald truth of what I could really say

Here is the scripture I refer to when I stated that those who go on and on and on about power and experience should think about

before they decided to let slip yet another of one of their wonderful examples of how God 'used' them

May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. Galatians 6:14

Don't you know who the King of kings and Lord of lords really is? What you think is power is barely a blink

God knows.....may He have mercy on those who think that power and anointing are what it is all about

Having just read your comment to Cobalt, I will add that there is no hostility in my post. And frankly, I find none

in Cobalt's post. I do find it a cop out in you saying that however. And I say that with no emotion whatsoever...

just an observation.

The mirror is one of the scariest things on earth when the looking glass is the Word. People's lives hang in the balance

while there are power services and big camp meetings and so called deliverance ministries

What we actually have, is a power SHORTAGE because it is basically a sad mimicry of the real thing ...that

does not have lasting results and just keeps the leaven working through the whole loaf

1. A prophet is never welcome, because that means the people have to see the truth and dont want nothing to do with it or dont want to change it. So God steps in while the people curse Him.

That is a huge chunk of malarkey ... if you worship Jesus, then you accept and believe the greatest prophet Who ever lived

Jesus said I AM THE WAY THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE...if you believed that, you would not state that God steps in while people curse Him

3. So to sum it up. Yes there are prophets today doing the work for the will of G_d. We just have to listen to them carefully and be open-minded, and know that the Lord worked out side the Bible before it was written. The Bible was written after the events happened. So we can't say it isn't scriptural because it is outside of the written word. So open your ears and listen to the Lord of host telling us and showing us what is going on around you from outside the Bible.

We praise the name of Jesus and we do not curse...you write things that are foreign to those who believe in Jesus and know the power of His

shed blood for the forgiveness of sins. You write as though you are witness to a world without God and that may be how you feel, but it is

not the truth

2. We should rejoice, yet be watchful and listen to any warnings and test them to see if they are factual. One can't judge without seeking the truth to make sure that person is correct. Go to trust worthy sources.

That would again be Jesus....the One who is and was and is to come. HE, IS truth. The ONLY source. The Bible says all men are liars.

3. So to sum it up. Yes there are prophets today doing the work for the will of G_d. We just have to listen to them carefully and be open-minded, and know that the Lord worked out side the Bible before it was written. The Bible was written after the events happened. So we can't say it isn't scriptural because it is outside of the written word. So open your ears and listen to the Lord of host telling us and showing us what is going on around you from outside the Bible.

There is not a prophet alive today who can come close to the Spirit of God making the Bible alive to those who are filled with the Holy Spirit. There

are no more Old Testament prophets because the Holy Spirit indwells EVERY believer and we do NOT need a prophet to witness to the word

of God BECAUSE we have the Holy Spirit and if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his

Son, purifies us from all sin. I John 1:7

I will bow down toward Your holy temple And give thanks to Your name for Your loving kindness and Your truth; For You have magnified Your word according to all Your name. Psalm 138:2

God IS Holy...His Name IS holy...His Word is as His name and He has told us that this Word, all that He wants us to know, IS contained in the Bible

The Bible states that the ears that are open to deception are itching ears and God will grant that person the belief in a lie in order that His Name should

not be profained.

There is only one thing that can set a person who is deceived free from their deception. They must accept the truth in place of the deception and that

is a very hard thing to do. Only the mercy of God can make it so.

One that comes to mind is the 2nd coming of Christ. And then there's the beast, the false prophet, the 2 witnesses.........

Here is a question I always rolled around. The 2nd coming of Christ. Didn't Jesus come and walk the earth 40 days after his death?

Acts 1:3-11 says:

The Holy Spirit Promised

1The former account I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach, 2until the day in which He was taken up, after He through the Holy Spirit had given commandments to the apostles whom He had chosen,3to whom He also presented Himself alive after His suffering by many infallible proofs, being seen by them during forty days and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God.4And being assembled together with them, He commanded them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the Promise of the Father, “which,” He said, “you have heard from Me; 5for John truly baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.” 6Therefore, when they had come together, they asked Him, saying, “Lord, will You at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?” 7And He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or seasons which the Father has put in His own authority. 8But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Mea in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”

Jesus Ascends to Heaven

9Now when He had spoken these things, while they watched, He was taken up, and a cloud received Him out of their sight. 10And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as He went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel, 11who also said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven.”

So here we have Jesus being seen after his resurrection for 40 day (Would this be the second coming? Why else would the man ask is Jesus was at that time restore Israel). Jesus said "it is not for him to know the time or season, then Jesus says "but you shall receive the power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you(the upper room), and will be witnesses to him in Jerusalem, Samaria, Judea and to the ends of the earth.

Once Jesus accended into the clouds, two men in white apparel standing with everyone. (Could these be the two witnesses in Revelations?)

Another point is the two witnesses were to measure the temple, and the altar. The temple was destroyed in 70 AD. Around the time of the fall feast of Atonement as stated by the historian Josephus: Ant. b. xx. c. 11. s. 8. The destroying of Jerusalem and the temple goes on until the end of September in 70 AD. I know I will get a lot of feed back I am sure. All I am saying is there is a parallell to the stories.

2 Thess. 2

8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming.

Who is the lawless one? If this event has already taken place, it should be recorded somewhere. Who did Christ destroy with the brightness of His coming?

• Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Guys if this is going to degenerate into a "I'm a prophet", "no you are not", "Jesus has already come" (maybe), "you are proud", "no you are jealous", type of thread, maybe it has reached it's "sell by date?"

Lets have a look at our posts and see if we can't try and pull it back onto track?

And the comment made about providing scripture would be good.

As sevenseas stated...

The mirror is one of the scariest things on earth when the looking glass is the Word.

So Mike, what DO you consider your gifts to be? Do you think you have revolving gifts? (not trying to be funny)

ALSO :30:

How about answering the question I asked you in my post #96? Perhaps you may have missed it...I guess though, if you

care to answer said question, you will need to read the whole of the post for context.

Now (and then tee hee...bit of a silly mood here) #109...the problematical 'tons of scripture' I quoted you on...may we have just 6?

See, what I am getting at, is you making sweeping statements that seem to say "Oh you little silly.....It's all good....it's all in

the Bible I just don't have time to write it down because I must needs take myself off for another miracle'...ok, just trying for a

little humor here because my point is not to tear down or trip up or argue...really....but would you not question a statement like

that if someone gave that to you as a 'reason'?

See Mike, what I am getting at is this: from my post #109

The mirror is one of the scariest things on earth when the looking glass is the Word. People's lives hang in the balance

while there are power services and big camp meetings and so called deliverance ministries

What we actually have, is a power SHORTAGE because it is basically a sad mimicry of the real thing ...that

does not have lasting results and just keeps the leaven working through the whole loaf

and to better understand those two sentences in bold type, you would need to read my post #96 which contains a dreaded question that may

require thinking and less excitement

I believe one of the best items of both warfare and defense, spiritually speaking, is what goes on between the apendages that keep our

sunglasses from falling off our face

The mind is the battleground, so, keeping that in mind, how do you see all these gifts operating in the lives of those who stand endlessly

in line hoping for yet one more word from God that will change their lives. Can you answer this and the other question? Take some time?

The above is what I had in mind regarding the post you reacted to in an emotionally defensive manner....you don't answer the questions

I asked instead, you state this:

I gave a "Experience" of the prophet Ministry anointing that came on me.

That would be the equivalent of your wife asking you to bring home some milk and you bring home a cow instead and say

"Here, have the experience of milking it. It's the real thing." I don't know your wife of course, but don't you suppose she

would get um......peeved? If your wife does not know how to milk a cow and the cow is not saying anything, then how do

you suppose she will milk it while you stand there with your arms folded and state again that the 'experience' is what will

make the milk real.

Hope that's not too complicated. I have more to say, but it would help if you retrace your steps and see how it got to this point

I am not picking on you. I require the same evidence and thinking and soul searching for myself.

I'm not asking someone else, I'm just asking Mike. He and I have had some heated debating but now I would like to

see how this is handled...not for judgement, but because I would some thinking done and some reasonable answers

given . I want to know how things are being processed and why.