warriorforJesus

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  2

I'm another who didn't learn to drive till I was 23. I didn't feel ready to handle the responsibility until then, and I figured if I didn't think I should be driving, the state of Kentucky probably didn't want me behind the wheel either. :whistling:

On the other hand, once I was ready, I found it wasn't that hard to learn and I passed both tests fairly easily. And as soon as I had my license, my mom took the shotgun seat and told me now it was my turn to chauffeur her around! ;)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

I also was just 23 when I got my driver's license, even though I had a learner's permit at 16 or 17. It was being married and having to get around town adn to work easier that I felt it was time.

I figure the older a person is, the more mature he or she may be---and that can only be a good thing.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

Your not alone in just learning to drive. Lots of people much older are also learning to drive for the first time too. Its nice to be able to take yourself someplace when you want to and not have to wait for someone else to drive you somewhere.

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  539
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,741
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  221
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

Dont understand the worry about the age ... here in the Uk you have to be 17 to start to learn and they dont teach it at school so loads and loads of people are much older before they even think of driving . My mother was in her 40's before she learned I was 30 and had 4 children before it became necessary for me to learn to drive .... If you worry about what other people wil think of you you will never do anything in life :emot-shakehead: