• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

This is 1,000,000 Catholic Filipino's worshiping the statue of the black Nazarene in Manila, which happens annually. This is putting an idol before God!

black_nazarene.jpeg

Here the donkey stays firmly stuck in the pit.......

Does the donkey become less dirty once it's pulled out of the pit?

Probably not, but the puller is no dirtier coming out of it than when he went in.

The representation of Jesus that hangs in your living room, what does it represent? I'm asking an honest question.

It represents the fact that we follow Christ in our home. It does not represent the Person of Christ.

The representation of Jesus that hangs in your living room, what does it represent? I'm asking an honest question.

It represents the fact that we follow Christ in our home. It does not represent the Person of Christ.

If that representation does not represent the person of Christ, who does it represent? It's made in the form of a man and you call it Jesus.

It represents a piece of religious art, it is made, usually, in the form of paint and canvas. I call it a picture of what some person thinks that Christ may have looked like to them. I do not call it Jesus.

Some people are simpletons.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  19

If that representation does not represent the person of Christ, who does it represent? It's made in the form of a man and you call it Jesus.

Donkey's back in the pit!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

Try telling that to a Nation that has been deceived every opportunity i get i do share how wrong it is to worship those idols.

Here is a question what we have collected from when we were young could that be seen as an idol i love fishing and i love hunting i have fishing rods and hats i have DVD on fishing i have even magazines teaching you how to get the fish what to use but i don"t put what i have above Christ

Reason i am asking i have gotten into some heated debates and almost have to be care full that i offend no one so how can what i like doing can be seen as idol worship or a stumbling block when i know not to put what i love doing above Christ

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Man, do you recall the bronze serpent Moses made? The Israelites were to look at the fashioned image of a creature in order to be healed.

Yet, this fashioned in bronze image of a serpent was not considered a graven image, an idol, until people began sacrificing to it.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Hee Haw, (that's Lol in donkey...), there has to be a preach to be got out of this donkey in the pit thing....

Hee Haw, (that's Lol in donkey...), there has to be a preach to be got out of this donkey in the pit thing....

Psalm 115

3 But our God is in heaven;

He does whatever He pleases.

4 Their idols are silver and gold,

The work of men’s hands.

5 They have mouths, but they do not speak;

Eyes they have, but they do not see;

6 They have ears, but they do not hear;

Noses they have, but they do not smell;

7 They have hands, but they do not handle;

Feet they have, but they do not walk;

Nor do they mutter through their throat.

8 Those who make them are like them;

So is everyone who trusts in them.

Romans 1

22 Professing to be wise, they became fools,

23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.

Psalm 106

19 They made a calf in Horeb,

And worshiped the molded image.

20 Thus they changed their glory

Into the image of an ox that eats grass.