joi

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

A few days ago I received email from one Tim McHyde, addressing Why Jesus can't come back in 2013 (Or even soon), and he may be correct.

http://www.escapeallthesethings.com/2013-prophecies.htm

Then in reading some of the reports on Jerry Golden's site I find an urgency in his posts that spell war for Israel and most likely for the USA, in some of his reports.

http://www.thegoldenreport.com/reports/416-the-way-things-look

I do not make it a habit to follow McHyde, though at one time I did ask for a piece of his literature and am now on his mailing list. I do not get email from J. Golden, I check his site periodically.

I know we all have questions as to timing and I often wonder if I do not spend to much time on it instead on learning more about my walk with the Lord. Nevertheless, the end times are in my future and so the subject does interest and concern me.

Until reading the Golden reports I was not aware that antisemitism has gotten so bad in Europe.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

What are your reasons for saying this is the last generation?

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Hi Folks,

I'm back to using a PC with a poor spell checker. So please forgive the misspelled words and typos.

I read that McHyde article. I almost believed him. I didn't because in all my years as a Christian I've seen God do things that seem to make no sense based on what the Bible says. And yet I knew God was doing it. So is God a liar? No, of course not. But these things had me stumbled, but not fallen, for many a years.

What I'm saying is we can't put God in a box. We can't say God said this in Daniel, and that in Matthew, and another thing in Rev. And then a guy like McHyde tries to put them all together like a complicated mathamatical puzzle, and come to a conclusion. He's not the first to try this and I'm sure he won't be the last. So I don't buy into any of these people who try to figure God out in such a way. God is alive and living. God came to Earth as Jesus and died for us because a sacrifice is needed to amend sins. That alone confuses me, but apparently it's true. Jesus said many things while here, and even His apostles didn''t understand Him. I've been thinking about this some 30 years, so I didn't come to this quicklly.

One mistake we make is similar to the ancient Jew's mistake. They thought the messiah came to restore Isreal to a nation of power. No, he didn't. We often think God is concerned with us being happy. No, not really. God is more concerned with us being Holy so He can get us into heaven. The whole point of the Bible is to teach us what we need to know to get into Heaven. To that respect, a great many words were written telling us what kind of people we ought to be, and what kind of lives we ought to live. I am convinced God has an ultimate plan that isn't completely revealed in the Bible. However, the Bible does tell us all we need to know to get into Heaven.

I think the Father is moving His time table around based on us. To a point. What I mean is God wants the maximum in Heaven He can get, and He will extend or shorten man's time based on this goal.

One problem is that since God isn't telling us everything, Satan comes along with his so-called secret knowledge or hidden knowledge. In this country it's usually called the New Age, and as Americans buy into it, God has to extend His time table. But God will only go so far.

I just experianced one of the end time disasters. I've lived where I do 55 years, and there has never been anything like Sandy. Never. Not in the memory of anyone living. And even people in their 80's who remember what their parents said ,say nothing like Sandy ever happened before. To my mind that makes sandy fit what Jesus said about the Earth going through tribulations never seen before, and never will again. The storm Katrina also fit this, as did the Earthquakes and Tucinamis of Japan and the Phillipines. So that's 4 disasers the likes of which were never seen before.

And maybe the most obvious End Times indicators is the love of most has grown cold.

I didn't write all this to convince scoffers God is real. I wrote it for nominal Christians. I want us all to wake up and start behaving like people of God. When I speak of God in public I'm told to be quiet. I'm offending others. Well, so be it. I will not shut up.

30 years ago God made Himself known to me. Did I go searching for Him, or did He come to call me? I'm not sure. For many years I was afraid to speak of God. I didn't get to be where I am with God quickly. But once He makes Himself known to you, I don't think you will ever forget Him.

I have much more to say, but I don't want to put it where scoffers can read it.

As for McHyde, I think we should ignore him. Us true believers better stay ready for God to get here anytime.

Mike, you said "A generation is 100 years." However, ever since GOD shortened the average lifespan of a human being to approximately 70 years (as a natural consequence of sin), a generation has been generally defined as the time between when a man is born and the birth of his first child, or about 20 years in the modern era.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

All you have to remember is this:

Jesus said He'd be back on the Last Day. If you know when the Last Day is, you're better than Jesus is, because He didn't know; it had not been given to him to know by the Father.

He must be held in heaven until the times of the restoration of ALL things. Acts 3:21

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,036
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

"Us true believers better stay ready for God to get here anytime." Amen!

I agree for you might not see that big dump truck coming down the road the next time you pull away from a stop sign....... Jesus coming or not, we don't really know past the nest heart beat. The engine off a Jet plane or a big chunk of blue ice could crash through your roof and squish you flat.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,036
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Jesus said He'd be back on the Last Day. If you know when the Last Day is, you're better than Jesus is, because He didn't know; it had not been given to him to know by the Father.

He must be held in heaven until the restoration of ALL things. Acts 3:21

Actually it says until the times of the restoration of all things....... All things will be restored when he comes.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

He must be held in heaven until the restoration of ALL things. Acts 3:21

Actually it says until the times of the restoration of all things....... All things will be restored when he comes.

Oops...gomen nasai. (So sorry).

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

I'm still siding with the beginning of the end being some time in the next 4 months.