WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.49
  • Content Count:  44,073
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

The Australian bureau of meteorology was forced to add a new color to its heat index because their country is so hot and currently in the midst of a "catastrophic" heat wave.

http://www.worthynews.com/top/news-yahoo-com-hot-australia-added-colors-weather-map-135043015-html/

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Any of our Aussie friends here?

• Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Global warming.

Guest ninhao

Australia posted its hottest day on record on Monday, with temperatures expected to rise even further on Tuesday.

The average maximum temperature across Australia reached 40.33 degrees on Monday, beating the previous record of 40.17 degrees set in 1972, the Bureau of Meteorology's David Jones told AAP.

Average maximum temperatures have risen above 40 degrees only three times in recorded history.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/latest/a/-/latest/15786064/australia-posts-hottest-day-on-record/

A COOL change has arrived across southeastern Australia after scorching temperatures on Tuesday sent people flocking to beaches and air-conditioning, as elsewhere bushfires scorched vast tracts of land.

After sweltering through 40-plus temperatures and bushfires on Tuesday, much of southeast Australia has woken to balmy temperatures in the low 20s, and they are not expected to rise significantly from there.

Residents in Victoria's Mount Hotham were stunned when snowflakes began falling early this morning as the cool change hit.

With a wind chill factor of -3C, the flakes fell but it wasn't cold enough for them to settle on the ground.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/national/national-heat-record-expected-by-bureau-of-meterology/story-fncyva0b-1226549102215

The weather is very interesting. Bushfires are our main concern this time of year and we have become accustomed to expect them. Hopefully not many this season.

Mr Fez !

I am surprised you can mention those words without being attacked. :D

• Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I have a thick skin, it's like that because of too much sun (from global warming). :cool2:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

Global warming.

Its 20 degrees below normal temps for us.

I wouldnt mind some global warming tonight. Brrrrrr.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

ha ha ha send me some off that cool weather you have been having Canberra is on alert but so far touch wood nothing like the 2003 fires that struck several suburbs in Canberra my cat even can not handle this heat wave we have been having he has a black thick coat had to cool him down did not like it at all i am right know the bad owner for doing what my friend told me to do as they also have several cats

i am not far from were these pictures were taken Especially what the residents off yass are having to go through and coma is not far from me either

take a look at this picture http://images.canber...69392-420x0.jpg

A controlled backburn lights up a mountain in Adjungbilly, where farmer Tony Engel's house sits safely in front of the trees that line the Murrumbidgee River.

http://images.canber...373-620x349.jpg

A COOL change will bring hope and some rain along with maximum temperatures of 28 degrees on Sunday giving firefighters a reprieve after horror conditions on Saturday.

But the temperate spell is not expected to last with the mercury set to climb into the 30s on Tuesday with Wednesday and Thursday set for highs of 33 and 36 degrees respectively.

The fire danger rating for Sunday will return to high after three days of total fire bans ended at midnight.

Saturday's conditions were as difficult as predicted with temperatures hitting 35.4 degrees at Canberra airport with dry and hot westerly winds gusting up to 67 km/h, but the element of luck that had helped the ACT avoid serious fires during this week's conditions continued with no fires currently posing a risk to the ACT.

After almost a week of battling one of the most difficult fires across NSW, the Yass region managed to survive what could have been a tough day, and a late scare in Cooma saw the region placed briefly on high alert.

On Saturday afternoon the area's Rural Fire Service spokesman, Peter Dice, said the Yass fire was being controlled. He said if there were no unforseen problems on Saturday night, the fire would probably be downgraded to ''controlled'' by Sunday.

It meant residents on the edges closest to the fire in Yass and Murrumbateman could relax a little because homes were only kilometres away if the flames breached containment lines.

An earlier emergency alert for the Yarrabin fire was downgraded to ''watch and act'' after crews managed to restrict the blaze within containment lines on Saturday, lessening the threat for Tuross and Jibolaro Road properties within 2 km of the fire front. About 15 properties were under threat. The fire, travelling at approximately 1 km an hour as of Saturday, has burnt out more than 10,000 hectares since it began near Cooma seven days ago.

ACT and Queanbeyan region crews have been sent to assist volunteers on the ground near Numeralla and Nimmitabel, which are also being supported by air crews. Residents along Jibolaro and Hains roads, as well as throughout the Kybeyan area, have been warned to move stock to safe areas. Authorities are holding a community meeting at the Numeralla Hall at 2pm on Sunday to update residents, which locals are urged to attend. The acting ACT Emergency Services Agency commissioner, Tony Graham, said the ESA would update fire ratings as the week progressed.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967