Matthitjah

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  19

Could some of you Christians who are Obama supporters please help me to understand how you can justify your stance in light of the fact that this has happened under his Administration and with his direct approval and support?

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/01/08/A-Joyful-Planned-Parenthood-We-Aborted-Over-333-000-Babies-In-2011

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I posted Only this source focused on how much money was being given to PP per abortion.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

I think the reason there's no response is any Christian who voted for this monster has to be hanging their head in shame and grief right now ... or they should be.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  212
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,691
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

I did hear about it its horrible and no I never voted for Obama at either election I am surprised that people voted him the second time another 4 yrs of this nonsense and horrid stuff. All those babies dying what a horrid thing they will have on their conscious.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  438
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,947
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  04/18/1949

This makes me sick. NO - I didn't vote for Obama. I consider the abortion industry to be an ongoing holocaust and the innocent victims are babies. I get sick every time I think about these mass murders.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  146
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  2

ok, i'll jump in the deep end. i'm not a dem or repub; i'm a born-again Christian independent American. and i believe abortion is killing a human. i majored in biology, and once a sperm and egg unite and mitosis begins, that's just a developmental stage of a human being; it's not a virus, puppy, fish, etc. it's a human. but, and this a big BUT, i'm a white male, and history has clearly demostrated we in the collective have a propensity to tell others just how they should live their lives, whether we follow our own instruction or not.

but, humans are humans and have been ever since Adam and Eve. we will pervert anything to suit our own desires or notions of expediency. humans normally are selfish, and if abortion is outlawed, the practice will go back to backroom butchering, or in a seedy motel, or even someone's kitchen, in completely unsanitary conditions and performed by individuals with questionable skills. not apologizing or making a case for the practice, just sayin'.

also, how many folks so vehemently opposed to abortion are lined up to adopt those unborn children? how many of you are willing to adopt those babies if they're carried to term, and how many of them are you willing to adopt? i worked in a retail shop while attending college, and each year the anti-abortion crowds would line the streets for a day in protest. in 5 yrs, no one i asked on that day (some of us made it a point to engage the folks in conversation, not in a confrontational way) was willing to adopt or even help support one of those babies. or do you think it's better that perhaps a mere child herself be forced to give birth to a child that she's woefully unable to care for properly? most repubs are yelling about the need to cut out present "entitlement" programs, so how is such a child to be supported by a mother that can't even support herself? a recent survey found that a person working for minimum wage in the US will have to work 170 hrs/week to afford average rental housing based on fair market rental values. there are only 168hrs in a week. who's going to provide housing, and feed and clothe the child? provide child care so the mother can work, assuming she can find gainful employment? provide health care for it? educate it so hopefully it can rise above the social stratum its born into and become a productive, contributing member of society? want to argue that the dad should be engaged in supporting the child? good luck; there are even good conservative repub members of Congress delinquent in their child support payments. if i were a betting man, i'd wager that everyone of you knows a deadbeat dad or two. it's a freaking epidemic.

further, how many good Christians/conservatives/repubs have hush-hushed abortions? i personally know of several. (as an aside, every one of the women i know that had an abortion regretted it later on, even if they were ok with it at the time they had it, and some ended up having multiple children once they married.)

there's another, more global aspect in that we're approaching the human carrying capacity of the planet at current rates of resource consumption, but who cares about that?

as i stated earlier, it's killing a human in my opinion. no doubt in my mind. but we live in a crazy, mixed-up world, and it's not getting any more sane. at least they're not still crucifying Christians, or running the Inquisition. the tide is against us, as it has always been for true believers, and God's Word promises we ain't seen nothing yet...

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

ok, i'll jump in the deep end.

While you do bring up good points to consider and ponder, I hope you also consider and ponder another perspective on these things.

... if abortion is outlawed, the practice will go back to backroom butchering, or in a seedy motel, or even someone's kitchen, in completely unsanitary conditions and performed by individuals with questionable skills. not apologizing or making a case for the practice, just sayin'.

But still, do two wrongs make a right? Wither you believe abortion is the murder of a human being or you don't.

also, how many folks so vehemently opposed to abortion are lined up to adopt those unborn children? how many of you are willing to adopt those babies if they're carried to term, and how many of them are you willing to adopt? i worked in a retail shop while attending college, and each year the anti-abortion crowds would line the streets for a day in protest. in 5 yrs, no one i asked on that day (some of us made it a point to engage the folks in conversation, not in a confrontational way) was willing to adopt or even help support one of those babies.

Consider this:

Each year in the United States, about 51,000 American children are placed for adoption. In addition, about 6,500 foreign children are adopted by Americans, for a total of a little under 58,000 children adopted per year.

There are no national statistics on how many people are waiting to adopt, but experts estimate it is somewhere between one and two million couples.1

Every year there are about 1.3 million abortions. Only 4% of women with unwanted pregnancies give their children up for adoption. Suppose somehow, incredibly, we were able to increase this from 4% to 50% tomorrow. Even at that rate (and assuming that all these children could make their way through the social services burocracy overnight), it would still take two to four years just to satisfy the present waiting lists. That's not accounting for any new couples who would decide to adopt in that three years. And if that many children became available for adoption, surely there are many people who have dropped off the waiting lists in discouragement who would get back on, or people who never got on a waiting list because it seemed too hopeless.

Planned Parenthood often justifies abortion with the slogan, "Every child a wanted child". Every child is wanted, and wanted desperately.

Anticipating An Objection

But wait, they will say, some children are wanted -- healthy white infants. But many children spend years bouncing around orphanages and foster care because no one wants them.

I do not have national statistics, but I got some statistics on this from the New York State Department of Social Services.2 They report that of the children currently waiting in foster care, 60% are black, 93% are over 3 years old, and "many" have physical or mental disabilities. Many of the children in foster care have just recently been placed on the list and will quickly be adopted, but this clearly includes the hard-to-place children. How many are there? They report, "nearly 1,000".

(And some of these are only hard-to-place because social workers have deliberately made them hard-to-place. 60% black. The problem is not that these children are unwanted. There are tens of thousands of people who would love to adopt them. The problem is that some social workers believe that it is bad for a child to be raised by someone with the wrong skin color, and so they will not allow white families to adopt these children.)

Meanwhile, there are 200,000 abortions in New York each year. 1,000 hard-to-place children is certainly 1,000 tragedies, but it is a drop in the bucket compared to literally millions of children who are being killed because they are "unwanted".

or do you think it's better that perhaps a mere child herself be forced to give birth to a child that she's woefully unable to care for properly?

Again, do two wrongs make a right? Suppose we lived in a society where sex was not advertised, where sexual activity was not a part of our entertainment, where sexual purity was valued - would we have as many "unwanted pregnancies" as we have?

most repubs are yelling about the need to cut out present "entitlement" programs, so how is such a child to be supported by a mother that can't even support herself? a recent survey found that a person working for minimum wage in the US will have to work 170 hrs/week to afford average rental housing based on fair market rental values. there are only 168hrs in a week. who's going to provide housing, and feed and clothe the child? provide child care so the mother can work, assuming she can find gainful employment? provide health care for it? educate it so hopefully it can rise above the social stratum its born into and become a productive, contributing member of society? want to argue that the dad should be engaged in supporting the child? good luck; there are even good conservative repub members of Congress delinquent in their child support payments. if i were a betting man, i'd wager that everyone of you knows a deadbeat dad or two. it's a freaking epidemic.

How familiar are you with the inner city culture? Girls are raised believing that getting pregnant and applying for welfare is the way to live. Boys raised without fathers likewise sire children they have no part of. The entitlements in essence help create the problem.

further, how many good Christians/conservatives/repubs have hush-hushed abortions? i personally know of several. (as an aside, every one of the women i know that had an abortion regretted it later on, even if they were ok with it at the time they had it, and some ended up having multiple children once they married.)

Just because Christians divorce, does that make it any less of a sin? Just because Christians have abortions, does that make it any less of a sin?

there's another, more global aspect in that we're approaching the human carrying capacity of the planet at current rates of resource consumption, but who cares about that?

Would you support genocide with this argument?

as i stated earlier, it's killing a human in my opinion. no doubt in my mind. but we live in a crazy, mixed-up world, and it's not getting any more sane.

Then you should be looking for solutions to the problem rather than presenting arguments that justify abortion, don't you think?

at least they're not still crucifying Christians, or running the Inquisition. the tide is against us, as it has always been for true believers, and God's Word promises we ain't seen nothing yet...

Please explain what your point is, and how this relates to abortion.