Matthitjah

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  19

ok, i'll jump in the deep end. i'm not a dem or repub; i'm a born-again Christian independent American. and i believe abortion is killing a human. i majored in biology, and once a sperm and egg unite and mitosis begins, that's just a developmental stage of a human being; it's not a virus, puppy, fish, etc. it's a human. but, and this a big BUT, i'm a white male, and history has clearly demostrated we in the collective have a propensity to tell others just how they should live their lives, whether we follow our own instruction or not.

but, humans are humans and have been ever since Adam and Eve. we will pervert anything to suit our own desires or notions of expediency. humans normally are selfish, and if abortion is outlawed, the practice will go back to backroom butchering, or in a seedy motel, or even someone's kitchen, in completely unsanitary conditions and performed by individuals with questionable skills. not apologizing or making a case for the practice, just sayin'.

also, how many folks so vehemently opposed to abortion are lined up to adopt those unborn children? how many of you are willing to adopt those babies if they're carried to term, and how many of them are you willing to adopt? i worked in a retail shop while attending college, and each year the anti-abortion crowds would line the streets for a day in protest. in 5 yrs, no one i asked on that day (some of us made it a point to engage the folks in conversation, not in a confrontational way) was willing to adopt or even help support one of those babies. or do you think it's better that perhaps a mere child herself be forced to give birth to a child that she's woefully unable to care for properly? most repubs are yelling about the need to cut out present "entitlement" programs, so how is such a child to be supported by a mother that can't even support herself? a recent survey found that a person working for minimum wage in the US will have to work 170 hrs/week to afford average rental housing based on fair market rental values. there are only 168hrs in a week. who's going to provide housing, and feed and clothe the child? provide child care so the mother can work, assuming she can find gainful employment? provide health care for it? educate it so hopefully it can rise above the social stratum its born into and become a productive, contributing member of society? want to argue that the dad should be engaged in supporting the child? good luck; there are even good conservative repub members of Congress delinquent in their child support payments. if i were a betting man, i'd wager that everyone of you knows a deadbeat dad or two. it's a freaking epidemic.

further, how many good Christians/conservatives/repubs have hush-hushed abortions? i personally know of several. (as an aside, every one of the women i know that had an abortion regretted it later on, even if they were ok with it at the time they had it, and some ended up having multiple children once they married.)

there's another, more global aspect in that we're approaching the human carrying capacity of the planet at current rates of resource consumption, but who cares about that?

as i stated earlier, it's killing a human in my opinion. no doubt in my mind. but we live in a crazy, mixed-up world, and it's not getting any more sane. at least they're not still crucifying Christians, or running the Inquisition. the tide is against us, as it has always been for true believers, and God's Word promises we ain't seen nothing yet...

Now, I want you to imagine yourself before Christ with one of these precious babies in His arms.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  19

Oh' and in case you were wondering.

Here's where we're heading when we justify sin;

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/9794577/The-abortion-of-unwanted-girls-taking-place-in-the-UK.html

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

Commenting on original posted news article.

For clarification definitely NOT an Obama supporter!

-In reading the original post linked article, this not surprising at all coming from a leader who when speaking of funding for Planned Parenthood during his campaign, stated he wants it in place for his daughters so they can "control their own health care choices." (Meaning an abortion if they need it!)

I cannot imagine the father of any daughter(s) thinking along these lines, much less the leader of a nation.

Selasphorus: "how many folks so vehemently opposed to abortion are lined up to adopt those unborn children?"

This is but a small handful of many that are more than willing to help with adoption, with plenty of other informative information:

Warning some have graphical images.

http://www.abort73.c...n_alternatives/

"In the United States, there are thousands of pregnancy care centers which all exist to help women through the emotional and financial stress of an unplanned pregnancy. Couple their services with the widespread availability of adoption, and it should become immediately apparent that women need not kill their "unwanted" children."

http://www.mercyministries.org/

"Mercy Ministries:Since 1983, providing a free-of-charge Christian residential program for young women who want help"

http://www.bethany.org/

"Adoption: We help find loving homes for children in need.

share180.jpg

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

:emot-fail:

The two that I know of have said in the past that the social welfare issues that Obama supports out weight any wrong which is caused by abortion. But, I don't speak for them, they are quite elegant in their own defense.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  146
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  2

Oh' and in case you were wondering.

Here's where we're heading when we justify sin;

http://www.telegraph...-in-the-UK.html

whoa, calm down tiger, easy boy, easy. i saw the baiting going on with the first posts in the thread and after clearly stating my position, sought to offer what may be some of the "other side's" thoughts. they also may not be, as i'm not in that camp. did you bother to even read the opening and closing comments of my post? i believe i clearly stated my position:

"not apologizing or making a case for the practice, just sayin'."

"as i stated earlier, it's killing a human in my opinion. no doubt in my mind."

are my words not clear? is there any ambiguity (ambiguity = doubtfulness or uncertainty as regards interpretation) in the statement "not apologizing or making a case for the practice"? i don't believe my statements were too subtlety worded, especially the first line, but i could be wrong. i don't see any justification for wholesale abortion on demand anywhere in my personal opinion. and you want me to imagine standing before Christ with dead babies in my arms? dear Heavenly Father, what spirit did that come from, brother? nowhere can i see where i condoned or defended abortion, initially it would appear i clearly stated my position to the contrary, then mentioned some of the thought processes and circumstances that may be involved there, as well as what can readily be interpreted as hypocritical thinking on some folks' part, i.e. do as i say, and then do the best you can with what you have to work with. have you yourself personally offered to save any unborn children by adopting? have you personally offered to help support a teenage mom who chooses to give birth? it's pretty easy to smite one's breast and self-righteously pontificate, especially when one doesn't personally have any skin in the game. people in desperate situations often perform desperate acts. some will even take their own lives as their solution.

however, i believe i would defend a woman's right to abortion in the case of an ectopic pregnancy (or any other condition that endangers her life,) as well as rape or incest. i don't believe rape or incest are of God, but of the devil. just my opinion.

hmmm, wonder what Jesus would do with all the abortionists? does He condone assassinating doctors or blowing up abortion clinics? would He talk about "legitimate rape" or make up a story about how a woman's body shuts down its reproductive capacity in the case of rape? would He resort to inflammatory statements or commentary in an attempt to shame the lost or confused? or might there be some inkling of consideration in how He handled the situation of a woman caught in the act of adultery:

John 8:7 (KJV) 7So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

and then to the guilty party:

John 8:11 (KJV) 11She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

there's always more to a story than just one side, and i'm not called to be a judge. i'm told that if someone offends me, forgive them; not just once or twice, but 70 times 7. i'm told the be in the world, but not of it. i'm commanded to represent Christ to the best of my ability and proclaim and defend His Gospel of salvation based on God's long-suffering, unfathomable love. i'm not supposed to be about throwing stones, regardless of situation or circumstance.

obviously it's all way, way beyond my simplistic level of understanding. after all, i'm still blown away by John 3:16...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  146
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  2

ok, i'll jump in the deep end. i'm not a dem or repub; i'm a born-again Christian independent American. and i believe abortion is killing a human. i majored in biology, and once a sperm and egg unite and mitosis begins, that's just a developmental stage of a human being; it's not a virus, puppy, fish, etc. it's a human. but, and this a big BUT, i'm a white male, and history has clearly demostrated we in the collective have a propensity to tell others just how they should live their lives, whether we follow our own instruction or not.

but, humans are humans and have been ever since Adam and Eve. we will pervert anything to suit our own desires or notions of expediency. humans normally are selfish, and if abortion is outlawed, the practice will go back to backroom butchering, or in a seedy motel, or even someone's kitchen, in completely unsanitary conditions and performed by individuals with questionable skills. not apologizing or making a case for the practice, just sayin'.

This is the 'relative' excuse that is always given, and it's 100% bogus. May as well use the same excuse for just about any bad behavior and just go ahead and make it legal then, just because someone, somewhere will do it. It is absolutely making an excuse for abortion. You are either against something like this or you are not. There is no in between and there is no gray area.

also, how many folks so vehemently opposed to abortion are lined up to adopt those unborn children? how many of you are willing to adopt those babies if they're carried to term, and how many of them are you willing to adopt? i worked in a retail shop while attending college, and each year the anti-abortion crowds would line the streets for a day in protest. in 5 yrs, no one i asked on that day (some of us made it a point to engage the folks in conversation, not in a confrontational way) was willing to adopt or even help support one of those babies. or do you think it's better that perhaps a mere child herself be forced to give birth to a child that she's woefully unable to care for properly? most repubs are yelling about the need to cut out present "entitlement" programs, so how is such a child to be supported by a mother that can't even support herself? a recent survey found that a person working for minimum wage in the US will have to work 170 hrs/week to afford average rental housing based on fair market rental values. there are only 168hrs in a week. who's going to provide housing, and feed and clothe the child? provide child care so the mother can work, assuming she can find gainful employment? provide health care for it? educate it so hopefully it can rise above the social stratum its born into and become a productive, contributing member of society? want to argue that the dad should be engaged in supporting the child? good luck; there are even good conservative repub members of Congress delinquent in their child support payments. if i were a betting man, i'd wager that everyone of you knows a deadbeat dad or two. it's a freaking epidemic.

I was a licensed Foster Care parent in the state of Missouri for 10 years, and I adopted 2 children. There are more people wanting to adopt children and give them a good home than there are children aborted, so your rational fails at that point.

further, how many good Christians/conservatives/repubs have hush-hushed abortions? i personally know of several. (as an aside, every one of the women i know that had an abortion regretted it later on, even if they were ok with it at the time they had it, and some ended up having multiple children once they married.)

there's another, more global aspect in that we're approaching the human carrying capacity of the planet at current rates of resource consumption, but who cares about that?

as i stated earlier, it's killing a human in my opinion. no doubt in my mind. but we live in a crazy, mixed-up world, and it's not getting any more sane. at least they're not still crucifying Christians, or running the Inquisition. the tide is against us, as it has always been for true believers, and God's Word promises we ain't seen nothing yet...

All your arguments are from a standpoint of trying to say abortion is ok because it is somehow relative to some other behavior. It is either a sin to kill an innocent, unborn child, or it isn't. None of the other things you tried to inject into the conversation to rationalize or excuse the practice work, or carry any weight.

brother, you see what you want to see. once you get that beam out of your eye, pull the splinter out of mine. i clearly stated my position on abortion (see my immediate previous post,) yet you take off and pervert my words to be an argument in support of the practice, when it was clearly stated that was not their intent. bad dog, no biscuit.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  43
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/26/1986

Here is a very educational article regarding abortions: The Culture of Death: http://www.newswithviews.com/Nelson/kelleigh149.htm

Also goes over how aborted fetal cells are used in artifical sweeteners that go in a vast variety of food/drink products, vaccines/cosmetics, body parts sold to labs etc...

It's tragic...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  2,009
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  3

Due to Roe vs. Wade and things like Stare Decisis, abortion is more or less a settled legal issue in America. The Supreme Court has to respect the previous rulings of the court, so even a supreme court stacked with conservatives couldn't really rule against it.

Short of a Constitutional Amendment, it won't happen. And a Constitutional Amendment could never realistically happen unless you had Todd Akin for every Congressman and Ultra-Conservative Republican Governors, it didn't happen when There was a Republican Controlled Executive Branch and both houses of Congress. It requires Ratification by 3/4th's of the states as well.

So... What realistic proposal would someone have to stop abortion?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

i saw the baiting going on with the first posts in the thread and after clearly stating my position, sought to offer what may be some of the "other side's" thoughts.

Why would desire to share the "other side's" thoughts on account of some "baiting"? Have you seen the debates with the posters he was addressing?

hmmm, wonder what Jesus would do with all the abortionists?

Odd question to ask. Consider:

hmmm, wonder what Jesus would do with all the racists?

hmmm, wonder what Jesus would do with all the drug dealers?

hmmm, wonder what Jesus would do with all the pimps?

hmmm, wonder what Jesus would do with all the greedy?

does He condone assassinating doctors or blowing up abortion clinics? would He talk about "legitimate rape" or make up a story about how a woman's body shuts down its reproductive capacity in the case of rape? would He resort to inflammatory statements or commentary in an attempt to shame the lost or confused?

Why are you asking these questions? Do you want us to be more angry at these people than we are grief-stricken and angered at the millions of innocent lives sacrificed through abortion?

or might there be some inkling of consideration in how He handled the situation of a woman caught in the act of adultery:

John 8:7 (KJV) 7So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

and then to the guilty party:

John 8:11 (KJV) 11She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

there's always more to a story than just one side, and i'm not called to be a judge. i'm told that if someone offends me, forgive them; not just once or twice, but 70 times 7. i'm told the be in the world, but not of it. i'm commanded to represent Christ to the best of my ability and proclaim and defend His Gospel of salvation based on God's long-suffering, unfathomable love. i'm not supposed to be about throwing stones, regardless of situation or circumstance.

Would you defend a rapist with this argument? Or a wife beater? Or an animal abuser?

obviously it's all way, way beyond my simplistic level of understanding. after all, i'm still blown away by John 3:16...

But don't forget what follows:

18 ... he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19 "This is the judgment, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the Light, for their deeds were evil. 20 "For everyone who does evil hates the Light, and does not come to the Light for fear that his deeds will be exposed.