Matthitjah

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  19

Due to Roe vs. Wade and things like Stare Decisis, abortion is more or less a settled legal issue in America. The Supreme Court has to respect the previous rulings of the court, so even a supreme court stacked with conservatives couldn't really rule against it.

Short of a Constitutional Amendment, it won't happen. And a Constitutional Amendment could never realistically happen unless you had Todd Akin for every Congressman and Ultra-Conservative Republican Governors, it didn't happen when There was a Republican Controlled Executive Branch and both houses of Congress. It requires Ratification by 3/4th's of the states as well.

So... What realistic proposal would someone have to stop abortion?

That's not the point and you know it so please don't siderail the conversation because it paints this Leftist President in an unpleasant light. This is what Leftists do every time they gain power in the world and have done throughout history. They murder the defenseless. The old, the infirmed, and those who have no advocate.

So because it is the Law of the land we, CHRISTIANS, should stand idly by and watch the devestating consequences of satans rage against women and children?

What's your stance on a lost generation? What's your stance on 1 million abortions in 3 years of a Presidential Administration? What's your stance on this President presiding over a three fold increase monetarily and practically in the taxpayer funded killing/murder of a generation?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Planned Parenthood Received $1,622 in Gov't Funds for Each Abortion

By Paul Stanley , Christian Post Reporter

January 8, 2013|1:48 pm

The nation's largest abortion provider, Planned Parenthood, reports it received $542 million from government sources in 2011-2012 while performing 995,687 abortions from 2009-2011. In 2011 alone, its clinics performed 333,964 abortions.

When broken down on an approximate annual basis, that means Planned Parenthood receives around $1,622 in government funds per abortion. From a time perspective, it translates to one abortion every 94 seconds.

<snip>

"As Planned Parenthood's federal funds reached an all-time high, so too did the number of abortions it provided, while its real health services for women continues to decline," Black said in a statement. "This report underscores the pressing need to cut off all federal funding for Planned Parenthood, the largest abortion provider in America. Abortions make up 92 percent of Planned Parenthood's pregnancy services, while prenatal care and adoption referrals account for less than 8 percent."

Since 2009, contraceptive services have dropped by 12 percent and cancer screening and prevention services have dropped by 29 percent.

Read more

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I have asked myself that question many times. It is beyond belief that Christians, people who call themselves born again believers, could ever support anyone like this man who is so for abortion. He also has passed a law legalizing gay marriage. I"m not to sure what Bible these people are reading but it's not the one I have. I do believe someday these believers will answer for it, Every drop of blood shed by these abortions will be on their hands. I don't believe that will loose their salvation but it is going to hang very heavy in the air when God asks knowing what the Bible says why would you support anyone like Obama. But then again I couldn't believe how many people supported Clinton. We as The Church, the Body Of Christ, the ones who claim Jesus as their savior need to start to voting the Bible not what they think it will do to their paychecks. A well asked question. I do not apologize for my up front answer, because as I have hinted in this answer, when it's all over and it's all said and done, I'm not going to answer to anyone but God. I also want to know how Christians can vote for a man who is so anxious to stand against Israel?

If you find the answer please share it with me.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  146
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  2

"Why would desire to share the "other side's" thoughts on account of some "baiting"? Have you seen the debates with the posters he was addressing?"

no, haven't seen other debates, as they weren't part of this particular thread. as far as why i'd share, the lack of the other background you mention left me with nothing but the OP in this thread. i didn't realize it was a vendetta that had overflowed from another thread.

"Odd question to ask. Consider:

hmmm, wonder what Jesus would do with all the racists?

hmmm, wonder what Jesus would do with all the drug dealers?

hmmm, wonder what Jesus would do with all the pimps?

hmmm, wonder what Jesus would do with all the greedy?"

4 more good questions. what do you think? are these offenses of similar nature to the adulteress? adultery wasn't a crime under Roman law (the law of the land,) it was a fairly accepted practice. it was a violation of Jewish law, which was subject to Roman law. the greedy are already assured of their reward according to the Word i read, but greed that results in Ponzi schemes or other fraud/theft is prosecutable. racism in conjunction with other "criminal" behavior can be prosecuted as a "hate crime" in US courts. pimping and drug-dealing are illegal activities and prosecutable under US law. and Christ can forgive any of those if they;re truly repentant, but we're still instructed to obey the law of the land and be subject to it. lots of folks get right with God in prison.

"Why are you asking these questions? Do you want us to be more angry at these people than we are grief-stricken and angered at the millions of innocent lives sacrificed through abortion?"

wow, you miss the last of my post? what is it with people that only see what they want, and ignore the most important things? i'm not advocating you or anyone else be angry with anybody. where did you come up with that from the following?

"there's always more to a story than just one side, and i'm not called to be a judge. i'm told that if someone offends me, forgive them; not just once or twice, but 70 times 7. i'm told the be in the world, but not of it. i'm commanded to represent Christ to the best of my ability and proclaim and defend His Gospel of salvation based on God's long-suffering, unfathomable love. i'm not supposed to be about throwing stones, regardless of situation or circumstance."

the narrative i read was all about a politically motivated conservative "Christian" republican viewpoint; the lead-in specifically asked about Obama followers, can't be much more political than that. and that's scary, given people like Akin with his ridiculous "legitimate rape" (do you believe there is legitimate rape?) and absolutely preposterous, completely false (Christians aren't supposed to be purveyors of falsehoods, but are to revel in the TRUTH) reproductive shut-down explanation. we're also admonished to "study to show thyself approved" so we can speak intelligently on a subject. but in the last days many false prophets will be about with their false doctrines (teaching) and the folks with "itching ears" will eat that stuff up, or so the Word of God i read states. but maybe i don't understand plain words, or the sad, pathetic state of the politicians our once-great nation currently has installed.

"Would you defend a rapist with this argument? Or a wife beater? Or an animal abuser?"

there you go again. i'm not a lawyer defending anybody. all of those are criminal acts, prosecutable under US laws. while adultery is, i believe, a sin, it's not a crime in the US. in fact, it may not even be grounds for divorce anymore in some states, whereas the Word states it's the only grounds for divorce. i'm an advocate for eternal salvation thru Jesus Christ. and while God's forgiveness knows no bounds, the consequences of one's actions are something an individual has to accept. if you're convicted of breaking the law of the land, expect to pay the price.

"But don't forget what follows:"

heed your own advice, brother. you sorta conveniently skipped verse 17 and 21: 17For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

i'm in the Light, not hiding from anyone or thing. the Lord gave me a brain and the capacity to learn. i worked for years as a biology field researcher, where you have to put aside as much as you are able your beliefs/perceptions and concentrate on being as objective as possible. it's tough to do, for as you believe, so you perceive, and vice-versa. you have to consider everything possible that might influence the results of a test or experiment relating to a particular subject of study, then try to evaluate how much those factors may influence your observations. and in science as well as in everyday life, we make assumptions that may or may not be correct. the real world is not all cut and dried. many folks who may mean well take a superficial view of something and based on their beliefs/perceptions formulate their own "truths" which may or may not be supported by factual evidence. and when they encounter something that contradicts their mindset, they reject it, because it makes them uncomfortable. lots of folks make decisions based on inadequate knowledge of facts or data, and some by ignoring or twisting the facts to support their idea of how things should be. and when that happens, ultimately no one benefits. a truth for all of us who will admit can be found here: 1 Corinthians 13:12 12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

It is very understandable that feelings will be extremely high discussing this subject, but please, honor the Terms of Service while expressing your thoughts. Consider your words carefully so this discussion can run it's full term. There is no other subject that I can think of that touches the hearts of so many as the abuse and death of the most innocent group of people this world has ever known, it's children. WE were told that the world will become much darker before He returns, and this is just one more proof that scripture is more true than we ever thought. As a warning, be prepared for even worst to come in the future. Seek His strength and wisdom and do not turn to yoru flesh to expel your disgust.

In Christ,

Alan

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  602
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

It is sad to think that some of the little children that SHOULD have been in my daughter's preschool class and other future classes wont be because we are missing a huge chunk from that age group. :emot-fail:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  146
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  2

Due to Roe vs. Wade and things like Stare Decisis, abortion is more or less a settled legal issue in America. The Supreme Court has to respect the previous rulings of the court, so even a supreme court stacked with conservatives couldn't really rule against it.

Short of a Constitutional Amendment, it won't happen. And a Constitutional Amendment could never realistically happen unless you had Todd Akin for every Congressman and Ultra-Conservative Republican Governors, it didn't happen when There was a Republican Controlled Executive Branch and both houses of Congress. It requires Ratification by 3/4th's of the states as well.

That's not the point and you know it so please don't siderail the conversation because it paints this Leftist President in an unpleasant light. This is what Leftists do every time they gain power in the world and have done throughout history. They murder the defenseless. The old, the infirmed, and those who have no advocate.

So because it is the Law of the land we, CHRISTIANS, should stand idly by and watch the devestating consequences of satans rage against women and children?

What's your stance on a lost generation? What's your stance on 1 million abortions in 3 years of a Presidential Administration? What's your stance on this President presiding over a three fold increase monetarily and practically in the taxpayer funded killing/murder of a generation?

i'm curious to know my friend, in light of your comments, what should we do with this Scripture?

Romans 13:1-7 (NKJV) 1 Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same. 4 For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil. 5 Therefore you must be subject, not only because of wrath but also for conscience’ sake. 6 For because of this you also pay taxes, for they are God’s ministers attending continually to this very thing. 7 Render therefore to all their due: taxes to whom taxes are due, customs to whom customs, fear to whom fear, honor to whom honor.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  43
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/26/1986

I was actually just about to mention that scripture. The Kingdom of God is not of this world and neither is that Kingdoms governance. This world is currently entirely ran by Satan, the scriptures say as much. See it will do no good if you get angry about it (which is also spiritual murder). Either way things are going to run there course untill the inevitable occurs. The great tribulation, armageddon and the second coming of Christ. See all these things must come to pass.

As a citizen of the Kindom of God and its Holy governance you have no citizenship within the Kingdom of Satan. Render unto Caesar what is Caesars, and unto God what is Gods. You must pay your taxes and yes cringe when people legally have abortions. That does not mean that you should have them yourself of course (not that I am implying you would but getting to a point here). For example, the Apostles paid their taxes but were arrested when the laws of Rome disagreed with the laws of God. See It'd be different if for example they made it a law that *you* had to *have* an abortion. Then the right thing to do would be to disagree and submit yourself to the authorities.

1 Cor. 5:13

God judges those outside. “Purge the evil person from among you.”

You should hold fast to your faith and Gods capability of managing affairs on a much grander scale than any of us are capable of percieving. Besides this is not a war of flesh & blood but a spiritual war. Of course abortion is wrong. It is becoming legal every where now. This reflects on the spiritual state of the majority. Do you not think God is provoked? And with homosexual marriage and other things? Do you not see the trembling cup that is Jerusalem before the nations of the world? Again, these things must come to pass.

Also he has openly proclaimed he is a Muslim so it is not all surprising. But again, Satan is the "god" of this world (for now).

God bless.

"there's always more to a story than just one side, and i'm not called to be a judge

Actually, you are called to be a Judge.

Joh 7:24

Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

Jas 2:1

¶ My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons.

Jas 2:4

Are you not then partial in yourselves, and are become judges of evil thoughts?

Jas 2:9

But if you have respect to persons, you commit sin, and are convicted of the law as transgressors.

2Ti 3:12

Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

God asks you to make a Righteous Judgement and not to defend the wicked. Yes, it may cause you persecution.

That's not the point and you know it so please don't siderail the conversation because it paints this Leftist Dictator of a President in an unpleasant light. This is what Leftists do every time they gain power in the world and have done throughout history. They murder the defenseless. The old, the infirmed, and those who have no advocate.

i'm curious to know my friend, in light of your comments, what should we do with this Scripture?

Romans 13:1-7 (NKJV) 1 Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same. 4 For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil. 5 Therefore you must be subject, not only because of wrath but also for conscience’ sake. 6 For because of this you also pay taxes, for they are God’s ministers attending continually to this very thing. 7 Render therefore to all their due: taxes to whom taxes are due, customs to whom customs, fear to whom fear, honor to whom honor.

I would answer you this way;

Ac 4:19

But Peter and John answered and said unto them, Whether it be right in the sight of God to hearken unto you more than unto God, judge you.

Ac 4:20

For we cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard.

Please do not use scripture out of context. It violates one of the basic tenants of discerning the passage.

You know full well that Scripture states that we are to do what you've advocated as much as possible and wherein it does not violate Gods Law. Gods Law supercedes the natural authority's.

If we were to take your advice then Slavery would never have been abolished for at one time it was the Law of the Land and enforced by the Governing Authority's.

Listen, if you wish to cower as the repulsing fire wizzes past your head and men and women of conscience and the infant and the elderly die. Do so, but don't ask me to partner with you in it.