• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

There used to be a somewhat well known preacher named Kenneth Hagin Sr. He passed on in 2004 I think. I don't mean his son now, I mean the older man. I'd like to know how many of you liked him or respected him. That doesn't mean you have to agree with every word he said. I don't but I did like him. I found more truth in what he said than most preachers. Of course he was from another time era.

Still, do anyone of you have anything to say about him? I'd like to know.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

I never followed any who preached to Word of Faith doctrine, so I cannot reply on his teachings.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

Yeah, I MUCH prefer Word of Doubt! :happyhappy: Nah, just messing with the folks. My wife and I have attended charismatic congregations for the past forty years; following God's Word has been, literally, a lifesaver for us and our kids.

But now I'll do like Forrest Gump, and "that's all I'll say about that."

Let the flaming begin. :mgcheerful:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

I heard, for many years, Kenneth Hagin Sr. on the radio, I wasn't particularly drawn to him, but I liked him a whole lot better than his son

• Followers:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I think he was a powerful man of God, both in deed and in his words. He used to preach in a place that's 50 miles upstate from me. He went there about every 2 or 3 years and I went to hear him about 6 times. There was always a special manifestation of the holy spirit when I went to see him. His main thing was he had a healing ministry. I never witnessed a miraculous healing, but he said they used to happen, and all the young people who worked with him confirmed many. They saw them happen too. One night instead of the healing line, he was lead to call out about 20 people from the congregation, and I was one of them. That night changed my life. I didn't receive healing, but I received something else. Let's say a mustard seed.

I didn't agree with everything he said and wrote. He would say anyone strong enough in faith can do what he did, and maybe the catch phrase was strong enough in faith. But I'm still not sure I agree. He seemed to have a special relationship with God, and so the Holy Spirit was usually strong with him. He said when he was younger he'd go pray for everyone who asked. It became exhausting. So as he got older, he only went to pray for those God told him to. God knows who has faith to receive healing, Hagin didn't. He was fond of pointing out how when Jesus healed people he said to them, their faith made them whole. Or healed. Brother Hagin's death was a loss to the whole Christian community, whether you know it or not.

I said Bro Hagin was from a different era. I think back in last century people where much more obedient to God than now. They had faith but didn't know how to use it. What I'm seeing in the past 10 years is people no longer obey God. Whereas 100 years ago God was raising up men to show believers how to use their faith, I think now God is raising up men to teach believers they need to obey God. And what it means to obey God. It seems to me it's all in the Bible for anyone to read. But nowadays people read the Bible, scratch their heads, and they still don't know what they should do to obey God. So they must be taught.

I was hoping there would have been more members here who had attended Bro Hagin's meetings. But I guess not.

I'm still trying to figure out what has become of Christianity since I took my break from it. So far I'm not enthusiastic with what I'm seeing and hearing. Halloween, tattoos, Christians thinking it's ok to cuss and use God's name in vain, and the 1 woman who said she was a Christian but won't read the Bible. I'm glad I'm not God because I wouldn't want to deal with these people. I think once you call on God, after you die He will deal with you. I think a lot of these people fall into the category of it would have been better for them to have been drowned in the sea. I'm glad this isn't my call.

When I became a Christian 30 years ago I didn't expect to be where I am now. But God has his own plans for me. Am I to keep silent of all He taught me in the last 30 years? I think if I try to I feel sick.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

When I found out he and his family were of the "name it and claim it" crowd, ( or as I like to say, "blab it and grab it") I steered clear of them.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

I highly suggest that the focus remain on the teaching and not the person. He si not here to defend his words or debate, so it is best to discuss what the foundation of this form of belief is without attacking the person. This goes for me aw well as for everyone else.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

WOF does not teach the Word as I see it, and as such I do not listen to, or read any WOF stuff, except to speak against it when I see the need.

From it was birthed the prosperity gospel for instance, which is just plain, well, wrong.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  601
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

I never had the opportunity to attend one of Kenneth E. Hagin's meetings but I have seen him (the older Hagin) several times on television...and I heard a powerful testimony concerning healing that he gave that helped me so much...it concerned his sister...very powerful!!! (I'm pretty sure it was the older one...I apologize if it was the son's)

I truly believe (the older) was filled with The Holy Spirit...and had a special relationship with God and that God used him mightily...I have one of his booklets even now...A Tenth Printing in 1980 it says...and as he says in the booklet we should follow the example of the Apostles concerning the infilling of the New Testament believers with The Holy Ghost...Everything he teaches in this little booklet is Biblical...

Since I've been at this a while...many years...I've seen even one of the "prosperity" teachers back up and teach it right...At least what I've seen of him...We are all human and make mistakes...When I stopped looking at people and went after Jesus with everything in me...He is the One that changed me...But I was in church by then on a regular basis understanding that God uses men and women that love Him very much to effect the change...Whether they preach...whether they lay hands on...to fill or to heal...whether they open their mouth with a Word of Wisdom...etc. etc. etc. God has to have us...We are His Hands and Feet Upon The Earth...and any one of us can have that special relationship with God...why not? He gives us The Desire of Our Heart...

This is the amazing part...One of the men that attended a school with Hagin or Hagin's school...anyway-was very involved with Brother Hagin....Also attended Oral Roberts University and is the one that I got the most teaching from...Like Brother Mike getting all these booklets and help and everything from Brother Hagin...Brother Kenneth Copeland is the one that I related to so much and just help me beyond belief...so see...We have all been touched by the same God through different men Who Loved Him Very Much...but it was the teachings of Hagin and Roberts in Copeland's life that touched me so much...AMAZING!!! Hahaha...Now let's go back even further...Andrew Murray lived in the 1800's...My my...Talk about a Special Relationship!!! There are no words to decribe what I have been given through him...Whew