• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  460
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/26/1990

Of course I would agree that you pray and read the Bible to stop the hatred from brewing. Hatred hardens the heart and injures the soul. I will also say that maybe you should either ask the two upstairs to keep it down especially at night and if they refuse you could call the landlord who usually will give them a letter. The problem with asking is that you have to have peace within your heart before talking to them to keep your anger from showing because that will make things worse. They might not even know they are bothering you so it might not be purposeful and your anger would be for people who mean no harm. Sure we would like to think that common sense would tell people to not be loud but common sense is not that common.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

Elaine, I am not sure if this is continuing today, but unless it was addresses, I would guess it still is.

We have been advised in Ephesians 4:26-27 the following: "“Be angry, and do not sin”: do not let the sun go down on your wrath, nor give place to the devil." Have you tried discussing this with them? Five years you have ignored approaching them, if you have not. Perhaps, try informing them of the noise problem, and if that does not solve the problem, try speaking to your landlord. Some good conflict resolution techniques would help resolve this.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Just because your a Christian does not mean your immune to human feelings. God tells us to love our enemies and forgive them. It's not easy and it can be a long process. Don't eat yourself up with guilt but every time you get these feelings invite God to sit with you and give Him all the anger and allow Him to begin the healing process. They have no idea how you feel about them and even if they did they could care less. Forgiveness is not so much for them but for yourself. Forgiving someone always come from the truth which is Jesus and the truth will always set you free. God Bless you. :heart:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  142
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/17/1971

Whew mercy elaine!! I sure know that dilema there. I found I got sick by not confronting see you can confront in love however Id pray on the Lord to give you the words to say to them. Its not going to go away with you being silent dearie,like onelight stated the scripture does say not to let the sun go down on your anger it took me a long time to understand that very scripture Id say but Lord im not the one doing the offense and then i realized I actually was by holding onto something and i needed to let it go im glad youre trying to owe up to it thats a start there id even write them a note along with plate of cookies telling them youd appreciate it if they could try keeping the noise down who knows they might not realize theyre that loud ya know? ill be praying for you as well ok Gbu

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  73
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I don't lIke the word hate. And I surely don't like feeling it. When somebody makes me angry to the point of hate, I have to have some quiet time to process my thoughts and think what would Jesus do? Not only do we have to think about the consequences of what might happen if we retaliate, We have to do what is right in God's eyes. I've always been told to kill them with kindness. :) We have a flame that burns for the Lord. When we allow people like that to get to us it weakens our flame. We have to be stronger. Love is stronger then hate. Sometimes it's hard to love somebody who is driving you nuts. Trust me I know ask my parents :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

May I ask what kind of noise they make?

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

I know this post is a bit late, I hope things are better for you now? i think the best thing to do is move away for sure. Some people that are neighbors just do not care about others around them, which makes it a unpleasant experience for sure. They sow seeds of rudeness and will only reap what they sow.